• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Money No Enough: Fixed Deposits Lobang (1-mth FD included)

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just make sure you top up your special account to max FRS first to nullify the yearly increase. The 4% interest is more than adequate to cover the fuckup PAP's yearly increase.

Make sure housing loan is fully paid. If fully paid in CPF, you can now do periodic CPF housing refunds via the new CPF app. This allows you to earn interest at 2.5%, way better than any FDs. At 55, if you do not need the monies in Ordinary account, don't bother withdrawing. Leave inside. You can still take out any time after 55 should you need the money. It pays reasonably good interest.

Only when you have spare cash, then throw in FDs and other investment.

Bro Meng, I am still working now so still having employer contribution into SA and my MA is maxed liao :biggrin: The long term FD that I placed with commercial banks now for my old aged living and my emergency fund is very liquid in the saving accounts :thumbsup:

I hope all the sacrifices that I make in this decade is more than sufficient to show those malicious people (if they live long enough to see) that sinkie men can also retire comfortable :smile:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hong Leong Bank (Not Hong Leong Finance) no lock-in period
(Reputable Malaysian Bank)

isaving-table.JPG

https://www.hlbank.com.sg/en/person...s-account-same-flexibility-higher-growth.html
How come the more money is in the account..the lesser the interest?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly. PAP is bestest.:thumbsup:

You get the euphoria that you are rich, looking at your deposits with the PAP grows, but....you may only get the money, not, 'when you are 64'..ha ha ha ..maybe 99 years of age...or as & when they think...for it will be yOUR MONEY...pays the best interests rates in town though.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
You get the euphoria that you are rich, looking at your deposits with the PAP grows, but....you may only get the money, not, 'when you are 64'..ha ha ha ..maybe 99 years of age...or as & when they think...for it will be yOUR MONEY...pays the best interests rates in town though.
There's a price for everything. :biggrin: