• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MOney doesn't buy happiness!!

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Proof!! Woof! Woof! :biggrin:

[h=1]Quotes From the Most, Least Positive Countries[/h]
byline_ap.gif

By By The Associated Press
December 20, 2012 (AP)

Comments by people in some of the countries that a Gallup poll ranks as the world's most and least positive:
———
MOST POSITIVE
1. PANAMA
"We're naturally very happy. We have our problems in life but we forget them quickly and we start over; it's a question of culture." — Hildaura Ortega, 30, English professor, Panama City.
1. PARAGUAY
"The farmers, the peasants, they are happy and joyful despite the problems of everyday life, but the city dwellers, those used to the city routine, are very individualistic and colder because life is too fast and competitive." — Franca La Carrubba, dean of psychology, Paraguay Autonomous University.
cba3b2cdc7664a6cb02e217a430f3a3e_mn.jpg

AP
FILE - In this Oct. 14, 2012 file photo,... View Full Caption

3. EL SALVADOR
"Salvadorans are positive, very contented, friendly people, but that doesn't mean we're happy. We live in a country with low salaries, where many are out of work and we're threatened by gangs and drug dealers." — Juan Carlos Hernandez, bank worker, San Salvador.
5. TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
"As a people, we are laid back, even on serious matters. To take life that way even if you're facing difficult situations is good for your health." — Hugo James, 35, copywriter for advertising agency.
5. THAILAND
"I don't aspire to be the king. I just want to have enough — a house, a car, a bit of money saved up. That's enough to make me happy, whereas some wealthy people just keep wanting more." — Natthinee Sriboonmee, 32, clothing vendor in Bangkok.
7. GUATEMALA
"We're so used to these problems that we ignore what's going on and live our lives despite them." — Estefani Brolo, singer, 28, Guatemala City.
7. PHILIPPINES
"Just being with my family makes me happy ... We have fun together as a family. ... We have bonding time and we say prayers together. ... They are my inspiration. As long as we are all healthy, I am happy. There is nothing better than that." — Felicio Sayat, 35, security guard who works 12 hours a day at parking lot, Manila.

———
LEAST POSITIVE
1. SINGAPORE
"There's a lot of pressure to perform to expectations and conform to norms here so I think that overrides our personal happiness ... Most of my kids are very focused and spend long hours dedicated to school. As a teacher you want what is best for your students but you can't help but feel they miss out on a childhood." — Fung Yeewai, 25, part-time teacher.
2. ARMENIA
"As for me, I feel fine and see no reason to be unhappy. But many people I know feel unhappy about various problems." — Lilit Babadzhanian, 28, medical worker, Yerevan.
4. GEORGIA
"There have been so many conflicts after the Soviet collapse, and so many refugees." — Marina Kupreishvili, 52, doctor.
4. SERBIA
"What is there to be happy about? Poverty, no jobs and even the possibility of more wars? No way. The only strategy for many young people here is to get out as soon as possible. The sooner, the better." — Petar Jovanovic, medical student, Belgrade.
7. BELARUS
"I want to go abroad. It's stupid to live in a dictatorship in the middle of Europe. It's fear that makes Belarusians unhappy. Everyone is afraid of being crushed by the state. Living in Belarus means no freedom, no money and no future." — Maxim Luksha, 20, university student.
8. LITHUANIA
"Lithuanians feel unhappy, because they believe that there is no sociological justice in the country. The conditions for family business are not conducive, and the basis of Lithuanian economy is big business. The wages of employees are low, and the whole social situation is unfair. This makes the main difference between Lithuania and other countries in Europe." — Vladas Gaidys, director of public opinion firm Vilmorus, Vilnius.
———
Associated Press writers Juan Zamorano in Panama City; Pedro Servin in Asuncion, Paraguay; Marcos Aleman in San Salvador; Tony Fraser in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad; Romina Ruiz-Goiriena in Guatemala City; Oliver Teves in Manila, Philippines; Heather Tan in Singapore; Misha Dzhindzhikhashvili in Tbilisi, Georgia; Dusan Stojanovic in Belgrade, Serbia; Gary Peach in Riga, Latvia; and Yuras Karmanau in Minsk, Belarus, contributed to this report.
———
Source: Gallup Inc., http://www.gallup.com/poll/159254/latin-americans-positive-world.aspx

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Money doesn't buy happiness, but if you don't have any money, it's difficult to be happy. :(

Everybody has some money, it's just a matter of comparing yourself with others and coming to the negative conclusion that you don't measure up, that you are inadequate. That causes the so-called unhappiness.

It depends on your attitude on life and money. A good hint: many of those people who buy lottery every week are unhappy, because they want to 'strike it rich' and better their own lives, which they deem is shitty.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SG Women should be on the most happiness side also
"I dun need to work, as long as I can find a boyfriend who can earn at least $6k, a car and a condo, it is enough for me. If that doesnt work out, I'll find a caucasian, SG women are hot property"

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Shenyang

2. ARMENIA
"As for me, I feel fine and see no reason to be unhappy. But many people I know feel unhappy about various problems." — Lilit Babadzhanian, 28, medical worker, Yerevan.

What are they unhappy about? Can't find their Noah's Ark?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Everybody has some money, it's just a matter of comparing yourself with others and coming to the negative conclusion that you don't measure up, that you are inadequate. That causes the so-called unhappiness.

It depends on your attitude on life and money. A good hint: many of those people who buy lottery every week are unhappy, because they want to 'strike it rich' and better their own lives, which they deem is shitty.

No wonder toto and 4D biz so good in Singapore .

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP Is Very Happy Not Us

SG Women should be on the most happiness side also
"I dun need to work, as long as I can find a boyfriend who can earn at least $6k, a car and a condo, it is enough for me. If that doesnt work out, I'll find a caucasian, SG women are hot property"

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The answer is clear that only PAP and their associates are truly HAPPY.

Singapore's Lee Kuan Yew family, their cronies and high level foreign talent enjoy prosperity. Not ordinary Singaporeans.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The state owned and controlled Singapore newspaper the Straits Times, just as all the other Singapore newspapers are; reports with pride the A380 Singapore Airlines aircraft made its first flight from Singapore to Sydney. Great. Should Singaporeans now go home and celebrate. Should they now open their champagne bottles; provided they can afford one? Or should they be asking what do they get out of it all? Nothing!

Don't forget, Lee Kuan Yew got Singapore Airlines with your money paid for through your CPF, by the ordinary Singaporeans; the taxi driver, the plumber and the hawker. Hard earned money, which Lee forcefully takes; I say forcefully, because it is illegal not to pay the government CPF and other forms of taxation such as HDB payments. Its your money which he uses to run his Singapore Airlines.

But who actually benefits from the success of the Airline which by the way is being run with your money? Not you, let me be clear. Not the average Singaporean worker. Here is who benefits.

And to continue to read the story ... click here

KNNBPCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

How happy money can make you depends on your "propensity" for money, i.e. how important you view money.
Sometimes it also depends on values and upbringing.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Money can't buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you're being miserable.
- Clare B l

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Money can't buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you're being miserable.
- Clare B l

Arh..that's a short time job but I do know money can buy destruction permanent insecurities.
Just wonder how much Osama spent.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only people who dont have money says such things. Money can buy happiness if one is wise enough on how to spend it.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money Solves Your Boring Daily Problems

Only people who dont have money says such things. Money can buy happiness if one is wise enough on how to spend it.

Yah, in some way. The poor can only look on. Were you poor enough to know this ?

Ask anyone who was poor enough previously and they will tell you that money does buy you happiness. But, there must be a leveling slope somewhere on the graph of consumerism satisfaction where further splurging of excessive cash will not get you more satisfaction.

In some case, you may even feel down and become weary of your continuous spending. I'm sure no one wants to eat only abalone everyday. But, will you go into an extreme to become another Buddha wannabe which is another story entirely.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Money Solves Your Boring Daily Problems

If money not important why church need so much money from their cult members ? :wink: opps I forget that their god got no ability to make money appear infront of them .. So have to steal from their cult members :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Money Solves Your Boring Daily Problems

If money not important why church need so much money from their cult members ? :wink: opps I forget that their god got no ability to make money appear infront of them .. So have to steal from their cult members :wink:

The three tenets drilled into every churchgoer
(a.k.a why churches of all denominations are so filthy rich):

1. Give money to church = give money to God/do God's work.
2. God loves a cheerful giver.
3. Do not rob God (in tithes and offerings).

Basically, every weekend the churchgoer gets guilt-tripped into giving. Prosperity gospel preachers such as Kong Hee used the 'manyfold return' bait to lure those who're profit-minded into giving.