• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mobile phone shops stop buying Huawei phones from customers; anxiety sets in for existing users

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a day after Google suspended its business with Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei amid escalating United States-China trade tensions, mobile phone shops in Singapore have stopped buying used Huawei phones from customers.

The reason for this change? The shops are concerned that they would not make a profit as these used Huawei phones may no longer command high prices — and there may be no takers anyway, they said.

Due to the dip in demand, some retailers have even stopped stocking up new Huawei phones. They said that the sidelining of these products will continue until further notice, depending on how the situation plays out.

.......Turning to social media, some users have vented their anger, demanding a replacement phone or a refund from telecommunications companies.

More at https://tinyurI.com/y2op5764

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I must buy it! Cheap and BEST!

Why not wait a bit longer before buying? The price of the P30 Pro will drop to the levels of budget phones that Ah Nehs and Banglas love to buy from the shops in Little India. Huat ah! :biggrin:

40337644_2371414556209508_3389652343929700352_n.jpg

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not anxious just disappointed that my good Huawei phone has such a bad rep. It has excellent battery life and a clean bloatware free implementation of android. Without Android updates is even better, it won't slow down. I have all the Google apps intact. After a day of moderate use, at 5pm, my battery is 75%. I also have a Samsung S9 which became very battery inefficient after 2019 updates.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without Android updates is even better, it won't slow down.

Then go ahead and enjoy your Huawei phone without Android updates. Just don't complain about unpatched security holes and not having new features e.g. the features of Android Q. :biggrin: