• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Mmol/dl mmol/l mg/L etc confusing need advice

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
blood & urine test with this leesult is it normal kidney function? KNN my uncle haven't seen loctor and cannot find this unit of measurement from Google KNN

1. EGFR 101 ml/min - pass the ref range >60 KNN
2. Creatinine urine 18.0 mmol/L - cannot find answer KNN
3. Albumin urine 7.7 mg/L - cannot find answer KNN
4. Acr ratio 0.4 mg/mmol - pass ref range 0.0 to 2.5 KNN
5. Fasting glucose 5.6 mmol/L - ref range 3.0 to 6.0 but from Google seems rike pre diabetes KNN

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
blood & urine test with this leesult is it normal kidney function? KNN my uncle haven't seen loctor and cannot find this unit of measurement from Google KNN

1. EGFR 101 ml/min - pass the ref range KNN
4. Acr ratio 0.4 mg/mmol - pass ref range
5. Fasting glucose 5.6 mmol/L - seems rike pre diabetes KNN
Doesn't your lab test results indicate the normal range as a reference?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

5. Fasting glucose 5.6 mmol/L - ref range 3.0 to 6.0 but from Google seems rike pre diabetes KNN
Liver function test alt ast and hypertensive panel all pass heng KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Normal lah.

eGFR is estimated glomerular filtration rate. Ie how kidney functions as filter. Higher number the better. Less than 60 indicated kidney function impairment. Less than 30 usually need to see nephrologist talk about preparing for dialysis possibility.

So 101 is good!

Creatinine urine and albumin urine dont have normal ranges for each cos we usually look at the albumin/creatinine ratio.

The numbers I am used to are cut off 30 mg/g. Which is same as 3mg/mmol. Above 30 signifies protein in urine is too high. Which means the kidney as a filter is broken allowing large size particles like protein to pass through.

So 0.4 mg/mmol is good.

Fasting glucose 5.6mmol/l is normal.

More than 7 is possible diabetes. 6 to 7 is impaired fasting glycemic.

I may be outdated though cos I honestly havent kept up as I stopped working as family dr for over 2 years already.

@Leongsam Any new definitions?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normal lah.

eGFR is estimated glomerular filtration rate. Ie how kidney functions as filter. Higher number the better. Less than 60 indicated kidney function impairment. Less than 30 usually need to see nephrologist talk about preparing for dialysis possibility.

So 101 is good!

Creatinine urine and albumin urine dont have normal ranges for each cos we usually look at the albumin/creatinine ratio.

The numbers I am used to are cut off 30 mg/g. Which is same as 3mg/mmol. Above 30 signifies protein in urine is too high. Which means the kidney as a filter is broken allowing large size particles like protein to pass through.

So 0.4 mg/mmol is good.

I may be outdated though cos I honestly havent kept up as I stopped working as family dr for over 2 years already.

Creatinine urine and albumin urine dont have normal ranges
tenor.gif

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

So 0.4 mg/mmol is good.
This was the challenge my uncle faced checking Google KNN from 30 mg/g to 3mg/mmol KNN so is it mean the ratio should be max at 3mg/mmol and my uncle's one is 0.4 heng KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle also advise samsters to screen for tumour markers cea psa etc KNN early leetection is good KNN especially psa eg my uncle know some one below 50 with just slight above 4.0 and elevated to 5+ in a year and usually loctor only concern if above 10 KNN but biopsies showed 1/ dont know how many with carcinoma classified as low risk type KNN to avoid over treatment usually will do active monitoring instead of treatments KNN

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Normal lah.

So 101 is good!

So 0.4 mg/mmol is good.

I don't normally research this sort of stuff unless there is a specific question directed to me regarding a particular test. :smile:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
It’s very simple lah , it’s like one in metric while the other in conventional ,!thats all ... like inches and centimetres thingy , just Google for conversion

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle also advise samsters to screen for tumour markers cea psa etc KNN early leetection is good KNN especially psa eg my uncle know some one below 50 with just slight above 4.0 and elevated to 5+ in a year and usually loctor only concern if above 10 KNN but biopsies showed 1/ dont know how many with carcinoma classified as low risk type KNN to avoid over treatment usually will do active monitoring instead of treatments KNN
My uncle know many people spend money do regular checkup for their car but don't want spend to checkup their body KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
It’s very simple lah , it’s like one in metric while the other in conventional ,!thats all ... like inches and centimetres thingy , just Google for conversion
KNN it is not easy to convert non direct type KNN eg mg/L to mg/mmol KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

PSA has been under some debate for a while now.

Some big meta analysis in Europe deemed that too many prostate cancers picked up which are slow growing cause no death but treated surgically and complications of surgery worse than the cancer itself.

Slow growing prostate cancer , men die with the cancer in old age rather than die because of the cancer. But surgery can cause erectile dysfunction, urinary incontinence, infections, retrograde ejaculation (ie ejaculate into bladder), chronic pain etc.

So......some sexperts suggest not screening with PSA unless got symptoms to begin with or some strong family history of prostate cancer.

Usual SOP for urologist is PSA higher than 4 and increasing they will biopsy. Use needles poke into prostate take core biopsies out and see if got cancer. That procedure is traumatic to prostate.

Catch many slow growing prostate cancer then advise treatment and the journey begins......

If dont screen PSA you got no symptoms no problem life carry on you die of heart attack or stroke or colon cancer or something else. Your prostate cancer still there but never caused any problem.

Urologist say this is all RUBBISH! Got cancer don't treat? Want patient to die ar! No biopsy how we know fast or slow cancer?

Hence........if you choose PSA then if high you no choice liao. No doctor will say don't biopsy.

But if you dont do PSA then nobody know you got no symptoms why the fuck would you want needles in your prostate right?

good good one why go disturb?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
PSA has been under some debate for a while now.

Some big meta analysis in Europe deemed that too many prostate cancers picked up which are slow growing cause no death but treated surgically and complications of surgery worse than the cancer itself.

Slow growing prostate cancer , men die with the cancer in old age rather than die because of the cancer. But surgery can cause erectile dysfunction, urinary incontinence, infections, retrograde ejaculation (ie ejaculate into bladder), chronic pain etc.

So......some sexperts suggest not screening with PSA unless got symptoms to begin with or some strong family history of prostate cancer.

Usual SOP for urologist is PSA higher than 4 and increasing they will biopsy. Use needles poke into prostate take core biopsies out and see if got cancer. That procedure is traumatic to prostate.

Catch many slow growing prostate cancer then advise treatment and the journey begins......

If dont screen PSA you got no symptoms no problem life carry on you die of heart attack or stroke or colon cancer or something else. Your prostate cancer still there but never caused any problem.

Urologist say this is all RUBBISH! Got cancer don't treat? Want patient to die ar! No biopsy how we know fast or slow cancer?

Hence........if you choose PSA then if high you no choice liao. No doctor will say don't biopsy.

But if you dont do PSA then nobody know you got no symptoms why the fuck would you want needles in your prostate right?

good good one why go disturb?
KNN after some leesearch and your comments my uncle think best is good to check psa as it is very simple blood test then see if within a short time elevated by +1 then go for needle poking KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
KNN after some leesearch and your comments my uncle think best is good to check psa as it is very simple blood test then see if within a short time elevated by +1 then go for needle poking KNN

What if not elevated by +1? hangs around 4?

Then do PSA how often? every 3 months? every 6 months?

And always 4. Then maybe after 1 year 5?

Problem is not just physical. Psychological. Your PSA 4.1. 4.8. 4.7........

You keep thinking....Prostate Cancer!!!!!

I bet you, you will say go see Urologist. And Urologist will say better biopsy lah.

LOL!!!!

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if not elevated by +1? hangs around 4?

Then do PSA how often? every 3 months? every 6 months?

And always 4. Then maybe after 1 year 5?

Problem is not just physical. Psychological. Your PSA 4.1. 4.8. 4.7........

You keep thinking....Prostate Cancer!!!!!

I bet you, you will say go see Urologist. And Urologist will say better biopsy lah.

LOL!!!!
My uncle think best is tag along psa if you are doing non prostrate leelated blood test even if the ordering loctor are from different discipline KNN and follow the below chart KNN most important is to early detect an early elevation then go for needle poking KNN
20201015_223318.jpg