• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[MMA] - One Championship's "A New Era" 31 March 2019

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Post-Event Press Conference.

Chatri Sityodong announces : now that Xiong JingNan has successfully defended her Strawweight Championship Belt from Angela Lee, Xiong JingNan next intends to challenge Angela Lee for her own Atomweight Championship Belt, in the near future.

(Even before this fight, Xiong JingNan remarked that she was annoyed Angela Lee challenged her for her Strawweight Championship Belt, before she herself could challenge Angela Lee for her Atomweight Championship Belt. Now she intends to take the fight down to Atomweight, to return the insult and take away Angela's Belt. Here's Angela's chance to avenge her epic loss to JingNan. If she falls again to JingNan, Angela will be left with no more Championship Belts and no more face, while JingNan will get to enjoy the glory of being a dual weight category Champion.)

A reported asked Shinya Aoki now that he has defeated Eduard Folayang (choked him unconscious in fact), who does he want to fight next? Shinya Aoki replied in his trademark gravelly voice, "Christian Lee."

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN here is how kickboxing/mma fight with Chinese gungfu Tachi and Wingchun KNN
chinese gungfu was found to be useless in real fight KNN but the problem is most or even all asian mma fighters (especially vain woman) only fight with themselves KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN why is there no tournaments of free fights KNN only mma with mma, tae kwando with tae kwando etc where there are rules controlling KNN like this how to know who is the strongest KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN video proof (0:8 to 10) of how vain sinkie vwoman are conned by onyx as well as conning themselves for signing up muay thai and uploading to their fb KNN

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A reported asked Shinya Aoki now that he has defeated Eduard Folayang (choked him unconscious in fact), who does he want to fight next? Shinya Aoki replied in his trademark gravelly voice, "Christian Lee."

Why pick someone whos not holding any belt?:rolleyes: Go pick Martin Nguyen? Two belts for him to chose?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And we were right!

Yes. Watch AL past performance....u can see shes not tat impressive. If there were to be any rematch.....i doubt she can beat Chinese panda.

Anyway last nite match was disappointing. Bloody sam relative still won. And only 3 matches!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am looking forward to October match between Brandon Vera Vs cocky Aung La Nsang. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1554082282108.png

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN why is there no tournaments of free fights KNN only mma with mma, tae kwando with tae kwando etc where there are rules controlling KNN like this how to know who is the strongest KNN
Actually MMA is the closest to free fights That's why it's called mixed martial arts. Obviously there must also be rules to ensure safety and fairness. Anyone from any discipline is welcomed. We have already seen fighters from all disciplines - judo, TKD, kung fu, boxing, wrestling, sanda, jiujitsu, muay thai, etc . Successful fighters are invariably those who cross train at least 2 or more arts.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually MMA is the closest to free fights That's why it's called mixed martial arts. Obviously there must also be rules to ensure safety and fairness. Anyone from any discipline is welcomed. We have already seen fighters from all disciplines - judo, TKD, kung fu, boxing, wrestling, sanda, jiujitsu, muay thai, etc . Successful fighters are invariably those who cross train at least 2 or more arts.
KNN the problem is we cannot get to see eg karate vs tang lang gong etc KNN

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN perhaps the answer is there KNN it means karate tkd etc all cannot be applied during real fights KNN
Most single discipline opponents of kung fu, karate, TKD, etc usually can't make it in MMA. The very few successful ones are successful because they are also well versed in boxing, BJJ, etc. Not that kungfu, karate, TKD don't work in real fights, just that they are not good enough to take on professional fighters in MMA. I would attribute 2 reasons to this situation (1) Most fights end up on the ground at some point in time and all these stand up fighters are just clueless on ground game once they're taken down. (2) MMA fighters are very tough because they fight all the time. Stand up artists only spar under conditioned environment eg non-contact sparring. That's why they always seem weak when faced with MMA fighters. The only stand up art that has shown tremendous resilience is muay thai because they too fight all the time.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most single discipline opponents of kung fu, karate, TKD, etc usually can't make it in MMA. The very few successful ones are successful because they are also well versed in boxing, BJJ, etc. Not that kungfu, karate, TKD don't work in real fights, just that they are not good enough to take on professional fighters in MMA. I would attribute 2 reasons to this situation (1) Most fights end up on the ground at some point in time and all these stand up fighters are just clueless on ground game once they're taken down. (2) MMA fighters are very tough because they fight all the time. Stand up artists only spar under conditioned environment eg non-contact sparring. That's why they always seem weak when faced with MMA fighters. The only stand up art that has shown tremendous resilience is muay thai because they too fight all the time.
KNN thanks for the tactical analysis KNN do you think a good mma fighter can have big edge over a street kopi shop uncle fights considering the use of chairs tables beer bottles etc KNN

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN thanks for the tactical analysis KNN do you think a good mma fighter can have big edge over a street kopi shop uncle fights considering the use of chairs tables beer bottles etc KNN

Bro...if real fight anything goes. Where got time to tink of Muay Thai/MMA.:roflmao:

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
MMA fighter definitely has an edge as they're fighting machines. In a kopi shop fight situation however, pretty much anything can happen. There no rules, no such thing as illegal moves, no such thing as prohibition of weapons. So, it's not always the better fighter that wins . IMHO

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Angela Lee posted on her Facebook (also read the 1000+ visitor comments left for her on her FB page) :

"Sometimes we don't get what we want. Even on our best days we can face defeat. But there's always tomorrow after we have done our best today."
This is just one of the many messages that I woke up to today and I want to thank you all so much, for your love & support. This message was sent to me from my Grandma and it really touched me.
If life is a series of challenges and lessons, then this is definitely one of them. ・・・
I'm sorry I couldn't accomplish my goal last night. I put it all on the line and gave it all I had in that 4th round, trying to finish her with the triangle/armbar. When it came to the 5th round, I just didn't have anything left in the tank. No excuses. ・・・
Even though things didn't go as planned, I would like to thank Chatri Sityodtong @yodchatri for giving me this opportunity to fight for a second division world title. It was also an honour to fight on a massive event like #ANEWERA. Thank you to all the people I work with in @onechampionship who are there with a handshake or a hug regardless of the outcome. Thank you to everyone who was supporting me, I love you all.
Japan, you are amazing and I hope to come back to this beautiful country and fight again.
I hope everyone was entertained by this fight. I promise to learn from this and come back stronger. Defeat is a mindset and I choose to remain strong.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MMA fighter definitely has an edge as they're fighting machines. In a kopi shop fight situation however, pretty much anything can happen. There no rules, no such thing as illegal moves, no such thing as prohibition of weapons. So, it's not always the better fighter that wins . IMHO
MMA fighters train and fight regularly.
Their kicks and punches are many times more powerful than your ordinary Kopi bengs.
Not to mention muscle memory and instincts horned from those regular fights and training.
I would bet my a MMA fighter any day.

Local history....karate grandmaster peter CHONG singlehandedly fought off a dozen gangsters in a street fight back in the day.