• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[MMA] - Angela Lee vs Xiong JingNan on 13 October 2019... Who will win?!?

Who will win?!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
https://www.onefc.com/news/angela-lee-out-for-redemption-against-xiong-jing-nan/
Angela-Lee-BBB_1034-1200x800.jpg

Angela Lee Out For Redemption Against Xiong Jing Nan
Sep 20, 2019

The stakes are higher than ever for “Unstoppable” Angela Lee when she returns to the Circle in the main event of ONE: CENTURY PART I.
On 13 October, the Singaporean will aim to defend her ONE Women’s Atomweight World Title and avenge the first loss of her career when she faces “The Panda” Xiong Jing Nan for the second time.
Back in March, Lee moved up a division to take a shot the ONE Women’s Strawweight World Title, and though she came close to a stunning submission win, the 23-year-old ultimately fell to a fifth-round TKO.
Now, Lee will be the one to defend her belt at the top of the first card in a double-header that will be the biggest martial arts event in history.

Ahead of the epic showdown, she sat down to talk about returning to the atomweight division, how she will correct her mistakes from her first meeting with Xiong, and how it feels to headline the first-ever card from the world’s largest martial arts organization to air live on American television.

ONE Championship: How does it feel to go back to atomweight after two bouts at strawweight?
Angela Lee:
It’s always a push for me to get to this weight class, but this is my division. It’s where I am World Champion.
I know what it takes to get here, and I know how hard I have to work to get here. In that sense, I like it. I’m more than prepared to do what it takes for this fight.

ONE: Are you feeling any extra pressure to defend your ONE Women’s Atomweight World Title?
AL:
There is definitely a lot at stake. My belt is on the line. I have to defend my title.
I’m ready to take on any challenger, but it just so happens that this World Title defense is a rematch against Xiong.
I do feel that I have fixed the mistakes going into that fight. I had prepared to the best of my abilities at that time – I was still recovering from my back injury, and that played a factor in my cardio.
That is something that I made sure would not be a problem this time. I’ve lost track of how many hundreds of miles that I’ve run already. I’m feeling good. I’m feeling great.

ONE: What do you believe went right and what went wrong for you in that contest against Xiong in March?
AL:
I think I put on a good fight. I was pushing the pace in each round. I was taking the center [of the Circle]. I was pressuring forward.
I’m pretty sure her game plan was to wear me out and take me into the later rounds, and I didn’t expect that from her. I thought she was going to come out strong and push forward like she usually does in her fights, and that threw me off a little bit.
Going into this fight, I’m prepared if she pressures forward or if I’m the one who is pressuring forward. I think, either way, the fight is going to be in my favor.

ONE: Even though the result did not go your way, do you still take away positives from that performance?
AL:
Even though it was my first loss and I did take it very hard, I wouldn’t change anything because I know how much I’ve grown since then.
Even though it was just earlier this year, I really feel like I’ve made leaps and bounds in my training, and maybe that would not have happened if I came away with the win.
Everything happens for a reason. I’ve grown as a martial artist, as a fighter, as a World Champion, and I’m ready to show the world in October.

ONE: Do you expect Xiong to make major changes in her approach to this rematch?
AL:
I’m not too sure. I’m sure that she has confidence going into this fight because of how our last encounter went, but I don’t know if that’s going to work in her favor.
Even though I’m the World Champion, a lot of people are siding with Xiong, and that’s fine by me. It doesn’t affect me. I know that I’m the World Champion of this division and I have what it takes to win this fight.
I embrace being the underdog. It’s a unique situation because I did lose to her, but she’s coming into my territory. She’s coming for my belt. I’m going to defend it fiercely. I’ve fixed my mistakes, and I know that I’m going to come back 10 times stronger.

ONE: You train primarily in Hawaii, and you will headline the first-ever ONE card to be broadcast live on American television on TNT. How much pride do you take in this opportunity?
AL:
It’s a huge honor. It’s a huge opportunity. To be on the first event that’s going to be showcased on national television in the United States is such a big deal.
It’s my opportunity to shine and put on a great show. I want to make a great impression. I think a lot of people are going to have eyes on this event. It’s a huge deal. It’s stacked from top to bottom, and I think everyone will want to put on their best performance that night.

ONE: If you are successful on 13 October, do you believe you will see Xiong again in a trilogy bout?
AL:
Definitely. I feel like when I have my hand raised on 13 October, we’re going to be facing each other again.
I’m looking forward to meeting her again, but for that to happen, I have to beat her on 13 October. From there, I think everyone knows what is going to happen. I think everyone is expecting the tiebreaker. It’s bound to happen.

https://www.onefc.com/news/angela-lee-out-for-redemption-against-xiong-jing-nan/

Angela-Lee-BBB_1034-1200x800.jpg

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
https://www.onefc.com/news/xiong-jing-nans-desire-is-even-stronger-for-angela-lee-rematch/

Xiong Jing Nan’s ‘Desire Is Even Stronger’ For Angela Lee Rematch
Sep 28, 2019

“The Panda” Xiong Jing Nan is feeling relaxed ahead of her rematch with “Unstoppable” Angela Lee at ONE: CENTURY PART I, but that does not mean she is not fired up for it.
On 13 October, the ONE Strawweight World Champion will drop a division to challenge for the ONE Atomweight World Title and attempt to do the double after she defeated her rival to defend her belt.
It was a challenge the Chinese athlete had thought about before that first meeting in March, and when she was offered the chance to return to Tokyo, Japan and take it on, she had no hesitation.

“Maybe [Lee] took the [initiative] before me and challenged me at my weight division, but now, I have got this chance, so I agreed to the challenge,” she says.
“The promotion gave me the opportunity to agree to this fight, so okay, challenge accepted.”
Although Xiong won the first battle, she was pushed to the brink of defeat before she produced a remarkable comeback to score a fifth-round knockout.
She also believes “Unstoppable” is always evolving as an athlete, so she wanted to challenge herself by facing her again.
The Evolve and United MMA representative may have followed her defeat at ONE: A NEW ERA by losing a decision to Michelle Nicolini in July, but both of those bouts were at strawweight, and “The Panda” still saw plenty of positives for her to take away for her return to the division she has ruled since 2016.
“What makes me glad is that Angela can grow a lot as an athlete from these two losses since she is still very young,” Xiong says.
“She has a lot of room to improve, and we can all see that she’s a really, really excellent athlete. In particular, I like her groundwork. I really, really like it.”
It was Lee’s Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu that gave the Bali MMA representative all kinds of problems when they first locked horns.
She also believes that her rival performed so well for so long because she was the challenger with everything to gain and nothing to lose, so the pressure was on Xiong.
“When she challenged me, we were in different positions because that belt is mine,” Xiong says.
“She was in a better state than me. She was more relaxed as she was the challenger, but maybe at the last fight, I over-thought so my performance and was not fully focused with my techniques.”
Despite the weight on her shoulders, the Shandong native rose to the occasion, but now she knows that same burden could influence how this upcoming bout plays out, too.
“I think she will try her very best to fight me,” she adds. “It’s her division, after all. I am going there to take her belt, so our mentalities are different.
“She cares more about her belt and won’t let anyone take it, like when she challenged me. I think we can both understand each other’s mentality
“Like when she challenged me at my division, now I’m challenging her. It’s a World Title fight, so she has more pressure, and maybe I am in a more relaxed state. If I win, I am the World Champion of a different division, so my mentality is more relaxed.”

Xiong may enter the Circle with a cooler head than she did six months ago, but that does not mean she has prepared for this assignment with any less vigor.
The 31-year-old has been deep in training camp for months to ensure she can get her hand raised again and make history in the name of her homeland.
“My desire is even stronger now,” she says.
“I want to take this belt because if I win this fight and take the belt, I will become the first Chinese and the only Chinese World Champion in two divisions, and I will be the first and the only female World Champion in two divisions in ONE history.
“Most importantly, I want the world to see China’s prowess. I think many people have already seen China’s power. They know that we, Chinese athletes, are improving and working hard. We can show people how strong Chinese people are.”

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4f0d0610-5430-11e9-a3ae-f2742b367090_image_hires_121850.JPG

Compare the size of their legs... I rest my case. :cool:

I'm sick of this bitch featuring in Evolve gym's disgusting posters, so even if her opponent is a hamster, I want her to lose. And lose badly. :FU:

Angela-Lee-IP3.png

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
OneFC.jpg

Angela Lee Vs. Xiong Jing Nan – Everything You Need To Know
Oct 12, 2019

The rematch between “Unstoppable” Angela Lee and “The Panda” Xiong Jing Nan has almost arrived, and if it delivers even half of the excitement of their first encounter, fans can expect a thrilling conclusion to ONE: CENTURY PART I.
Fans were treated to one of 2019’s best bouts when they met in March to battle for the Chinese athlete’s ONE Women’s Strawweight World Title, and they will do it all over again this Sunday, 13 October in Tokyo, Japan.
This time, it will be the “Unstoppable” Singaporean’s ONE Atomweight World Title on the line, and the big question is – will a different division make for an equal result?
Unfortunately, that is one question we cannot answer right now, but we have brought together every single morsel of news and analysis from the past few months to give you the ultimate primer for the biggest women’s encounter the global stage has ever seen.

The Road To CENTURY

This rivalry began last September when “Unstoppable” expressed her intention to challenge for the ONE Strawweight World Title. When Xiong defended her belt for the second time against Samara Santos in her homeland, a super-bout was on.
Unfortunately, the bout was delayed when Lee was forced to withdraw from ONE: HEART OF THE LION through injury, but it was rescheduled when she was healthy a few months later.
In March at ONE: A NEW ERA, fans finally got what they were waiting for, and the contest more than lived up to the hype. Despite a ton of success from Lee on the ground, “The Panda” completed an unbelievable comeback with a knockout in the final round to defend her belt again.
Now, the Chinese star is one up in the series, and the tables are turned. This time, she has the chance to become the first-ever two-division ONE women’s World Champion when she visits the weight class the Singaporean has ruled since 2016.

Breaking Down The Bout

More than six months have passed since Lee and Xiong first met in the Circle, and both athletes knew that a rematch was inevitable, so they will have re-run the contest over and over in their heads.
Although “The Panda” emerged victoriously, it was not without damage, and she revealed how she came back from the brink to take her greatest win.
She has continually worked on her ground game since March as she knows that is still her rival’s biggest threat, but she has even more desire to win for the second time now that another World Title is at stake.
Lee has redemption on her mind and an unblemished atomweight record to protect. The Evolve and United MMA representative has made conditioning the key focus so she can keep pressuring the Bali MMA athlete until the final bell.
The back-and-forth nature of the battle last time means this one is hard to predict, but we enrolled some of ONE’s finest martial artists to share their thoughts on the potential outcomes, as well as ONE Vice President Miesha Tate, who knows what it takes to win a World Title, and play-by-play commentator, Michael Schiavello.
We also took apart the athletes’ repertoires to determine some of the tools that could be pivotal in deciding who leaves the Circle with their hand raised.

True Martial Artists

Lee and Xiong are both revered as World Champion martial artists, and as positive role models for the next generation.
Though we rarely see it in the Circle, the Shandong native showed her softer side as she talked about how she feels the pressure of the big occasions, but also how she has learned to overcome it.
“The Panda” also revealed how she experienced doubts when was subjected to negativity online, but she realized that gave her as much motivation to succeed as the support of her most dedicated and loyal supporters.
“Unstoppable” has enjoyed feverish backing from fans since the moment she debuted in ONE, but ahead of this test, she lifted the lid on how her strong female role models close to home are catalysts for her success.
She also explained how her martial arts upbringing means she only has respect for her rival, but that will help her to defeat her this time in Tokyo.

https://www.onefc.com/features/angela-lee-vs-xiong-jing-nan-everything-you-need-to-know/