• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM tells Japan to adopt S'pore FT model!! Confirmed he is senile.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm quite amazed at people believing that LKY and SRN worked as mere translators for the Imperial Japan Army during WW2. It takes 4 to 6 years for the most intelligent and linguistically inclined non-Japanese on earth to learn Japanese to that level of conversation and literacy proficiency. Question is, how could they suddenly attain that level of proficiency within months. Did they attend Japanese tuition classes 4 to 6 years before the Japanese invaded and landed. Oh, really? Must have been some prodigous foresight. Still wonder, did Japanese tuition classes exist in Singapore before 1942?

Last edited:

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you heard him utter a word of Japanese?
There you have it.

Interrogation and betraying resistance forces fits his profile , He and Prata man could be buddies at that time.

I'm quite amazed at people believing that LKY and SRN worked at mere translators for the Imperial Japan Army during WW2. It takes 4 to 6 years for the most intelligent and linguistically inclined non-Japanese on earth to learn Japanese to that level of conversation and literacy proficiency. Question is, how could they suddenly attain that level of proficiency within months. Did they attended Japanese tuition classes 4 to 6 years before the Japanese invaded and landed. Oh, really? Must have been some prodigous foresight.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I'm quite amazed at people believing that LKY and SRN worked as mere translators for the Imperial Japan Army during WW2. It takes 4 to 6 years for the most intelligent and linguistically inclined non-Japanese on earth to learn Japanese to that level of conversation and literacy proficiency. Question is, how could they suddenly attain that level of proficiency within months. Did they attend Japanese tuition classes 4 to 6 years before the Japanese invaded and landed. Oh, really? Must have been some prodigous foresight. Still wonder, did Japanese tuition classes exist in Singapore before 1942?

It was claimed by Con You that he taught himself Japanese script in order to work for them. Granted he does have a propensity for langauges, so I find this quite plausible. He actually worked for for the Hobodu (the Japanese proganda office) as their English language editor. He also translated Allied military communication (non encoded) for the Jap's Military Intelligence Office. Based on this, I am guessing that he did not have to use Japanese extensively in his work. ALso, he does not use his Japanese on his many official visits to Japan, leading me to believe that his Japanese was rudimentary at the best, and he has lost it since the war.

I guess you have to put yourself in the situation in those days. U will recall there was already alot of anti-Japanese sentiment even before the japanese invasion. The chinese in S'pore were aware of the atrocities commited by the Japs against the Chinese in China. People from China were always coming to S'pore to raise funds to fight the Japanese and all that. The Japs were therefore very distrustful of the chinese when they arrived here. U will recall they arrested many army aged Chinese and executed many of them.

Why was a 19 year old Lee allowed to work for them? In the first place, Lee could barely speak any chinese at all. He did not learn Mandarin until he was 32, and Hokkien at 38. His native dialect Hakka was barely passable, and his malay was half past six too. He spoke primarily English at home. He did not associate nor had friends who were chinese ed, and who spoke only chinese i.e. the people the Japanese did not trust. He was in other words a social freak. He had nothing in common with the average chinese on the street, and he would not have been able to make a living in any non english company. Any english company would have hired someone like him as a very low person on the totem pole, if at all.

I can see how someone like him would be hired by the Japs due to the fact the he was not a typical chinese. Also, because he has nothing in common with the average chinese, he does not feel remorse or guilt by working for the enemies of these chinese. He likes to portray his years with the Japanese as a sign of pragmatism. That is ridiculous. Its straight out treachery. many people survived the war years without working for the japanese.

As for Nathan, his case of WW2 collaboration is much worse. He actually was in the Kampetai, the Japanese civil police. He had a Jap uniform, sword, etc. He would have been actively involved in arresting singaporeans, sending them to jail, interrogating them etc. Why would the Japs hire him? He is non chinese for one. But since he is a malaysian originally, (born in Muar) his act is also one of treachery

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore imports Chinese people from PRC, where does Japan import Japs from? or is he suggesting Japan imports angmohs to improve its gene pools, since he worships ang mohs so much.

this is the japanese problem, if they are willing, they can import pp from u S.Africa, why care so much?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really faint when I read this news.

Imagine, if you just go to China shake hands with last generation and future generation Chinese leaders but now, fly to Japan and talks about letting US forces to be there to counter the emergence of China? What kind of signals is he trying to send?

Goh Meng Seng

EXCELLENT OBSERVATION. THAT IS NOW THE TALK OF THE TOWN.

Also, if you have listened to the SHANGHAI interview, where questions were asked. Towards the end, a chinese woman reporter asked a VERY POINTED question but MM was still sharp enough to recognise and side step by giving a "Singapore must be humble...towards China". THE WORD "HUMBLE" WAS REALLY UTTERED!

I believe the pointed question was related to developments in Tianjin eco city where trouble is reportedly a-brewing.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why was a 19 year old Lee allowed to work for them? In the first place, Lee could barely speak any chinese at all. He did not learn Mandarin until he was 32, and Hokkien at 38. His native dialect Hakka was barely passable, and his malay was half past six too. He spoke primarily English at home. He did not associate nor had friends who were chinese ed, and who spoke only chinese i.e. the people the Japanese did not trust. He was in other words a social freak. He had nothing in common with the average chinese on the street, and he would not have been able to make a living in any non english company. Any english company would have hired someone like him as a very low person on the totem pole, if at all.

You've reasoned out logically except you missed the pertinent point. The Imperial Japanese Army always trained and brought along their own translators, be them Thai, Malay, English, Chinese, Korean or whatever. They never hired translators after conquering a country. They had translators ready before invading it. Watch the Gen. Percival surrender of Singapore to Gen. Yamashita. Who's translating for who?

The Bruce Lee film Fist Of Fury with the Chinese translator eating the script of Sick Man Of The East was just dramatisation. Japanese used locals who're willing to betray information about locals, not for translation.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good observation, not everyone buy his story, everyone is afraid of getting his head chop off by the japs, At one hand we have people like Lim Bo Seng and Force 136 and countless local who help them out risking their own lives, on the other, we have the like of LKY and Nathan, to me whatever excuse he like to give, they are still " Traitors " in my book, I also make sure I educate and inform as many kids as possible, to let them know that whatever is written in our History book may be far from the real truth and since the persons involve happen to hold very powerful post, they can brain wash us till a lie become truth.

Good to see there are still some intelligence out there who are immune to his brain washing and able be make one own's analysis and judgment.

I have 2 dom perignon champagne reserved for the long overdue death of the 2 Traitors.

Champagne_Chocolates_Dom_Perignon_Wine_Gift.jpg

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after i saw the posts...conclusion, stepping on ppl back to success.

yet many ppl bought his books..haizzz

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well stepping on people's back happen every day in corporate world, in office with friends and sometime within family, but that harm done by these individuals are on a grand scale.

Other great examples of what came out from our great elite school RI - Stunt Monk, Kong Hee Fatt Choy.

The work of the 2 Traitors are not done yet, the damage on his latest open leg policies, will only be seen years later..

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah man, but yet many many sg ppl think otherwise.

not sure are they ignorant or they choose to be ignorant?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally, there is now solid prove that Lee Con You is senile and should be in an old folks home. I don't know why the taxpayers are paying him millions of dollars a year to go on junkets to China and Japan and shoot his mouth off with this type of commentary. He "emphasized" that Japan should follow S'pore's model to deal with an ageing populaiton by opening up immigration. He is insane. A country like Japan owes its success to a single hegemonize style of society will now let in all manners of FTs from China, Burma, India, etc. He is fucking nuts. By the way, the FT policy as explained by him was to combat S'pore's low birth rate, not deal with an ageing population.

A country like Japan owes its success to a single hegemonize style of society will now let in all manners of FTs from China, Burma, India, etc.

We are rojak ...

Thanks to PAP vision of injecting a spur and prick in all the local race backside .

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is proof of how even the PAP elites are scared of him, and even his son is afraid to tell him to retire or shut up. Everyone is waiting for him to kick the bucket and release them from their pain. The chinese leaders right now do not trust him after this and the last thing they want in the world is a US military presence in Asia. Any Jap leader can come onto this forum and see how divisive and controversial the FT policy is, and this old goat is asking them to adopt it like S'pore? WHat a clown.

USA is the absolute devil man . Devil and the good guy together in ONE .

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
yeah man, but yet many many sg ppl think otherwise.

not sure are they ignorant or they choose to be ignorant?

they are lazy, the information is out there for them to read and analyse. in fact, even he himself has openly admitted he worked for the Japs. But people seem to think this is ok. In reality the atrocities and hardship suffered by the people of singapore have been covered up by Lee Con You in order to win investments and factories from the Japs. They have sanitized the Japanese occupation of Singapore. In every country that u go to eg. China, Indonesia, Phillippines, etc. there are many tales of Jap atrocities, and the new generations are taught about them thru textbooks, movies, etc. Do u see anything like this in S'pore? I can only conclude that Con You covered it up as his continuing treachery to S'pore.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course he feels qualified to advise Japan. He was conferred First Class Order of the Rising Sun in 1967 by Emperor Hirohito.

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Con You wants to advise Japan is beyond my reason? At least the Japanese are doing well considering they rely mostly on locals to boost their economy. They do have FT but FT are not competing with the locals for the higher-paying job but usually do low-end jobs.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
citizen who suffer under the free for all FT policy of PAP, should write to japanese papers to warn them about the consequence of such policy and hope they do not make the same mistake as our leaders.

Kwame

Alfrescian
Loyal
citizen who suffer under the free for all FT policy of PAP, should write to japanese papers to warn them about the consequence of such policy and hope they do not make the same mistake as our leaders.
You can be assured Japan will not listen to Lau Cheebye. Their govt always protect their own people first.

unicando

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm... jpn is a advance country with a very developed economy, well educated and cultured at the same time creative ppl. jpn is a wealthy nation with many big and successfully run global companies. bcos of ageing population issue so jpn is employing their creativity and knowhow in this new frontier...

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well stepping on people's back happen every day in corporate world, in office with friends and sometime within family, but that harm done by these individuals are on a grand scale.

.... will only be seen years later..

Your clarification is sought:

Do you mean ".... but that harm done by these are on a smaller scale"?.

As mentioned, back stepping is a common thing in every day life, corporate world. But the people involved do not hold strong power as that of a leader of a country, the harm done by them should therefore be relatively smaller when compared with that of a country leader.