• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM Lee says this year growth will be slower becos of fewer PRs granted. Do you agree?

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM Lee says that since Singaporean wanted fewer PRs, then they must accept slower growth. Do you agree this correlation between PRs and economic growth?

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_634113.html

Feb 12, 2011
Fewer foreigners, slower growth: MM
S'poreans must accept the reality; 4-6% growth forecast still 'very good'

ST_IMAGES_P1BLURBS12-X1.jpg

THE way Singaporeans have been reacting to the wave of foreigners coming here to work has a huge bearing on Singapore's growth this year.

It is a key reason for the slower growth being forecast for this year after a 'splendid' 14.7 per cent growth last year, said Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on Friday.

'To keep up our strong performance, we needed more (foreign) workers. This caused some disquiet. So we are slowing down the numbers of new permanent residents (PRs). We must accept slower growth as a result,' he told his Tanjong Pagar GRC residents attending a Chinese New Year dinner at Tiong Bahru Community Centre.

Still, the 4 to 6 per cent growth projected for this year is 'very good' for Singapore's mature economy, he added.

Singapore had 29,265 new PRs last year, a 50 per cent decline from 59,460 in 2009. Also, 58,300 jobs were taken up by foreigners last year, far fewer than the 80,000 forecast by the Government.

In his 10-minute speech, Mr Lee also identified three key factors crucial for Singapore's continued well-being. These are racial harmony, a stable society to attract investors and a high-quality people.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: MM Lee says this year growth will be slower becos of fewer PRs granted. Do you ag

... 'To keep up our strong performance, we needed more (foreign) workers. This caused some disquiet. So we are slowing down the numbers of new permanent residents (PRs). We must accept slower growth as a result,' he told his Tanjong Pagar GRC residents ...
dun brame peasants 4 ur loon boy-boy's incompetency ... :mad:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: MM Lee says this year growth will be slower becos of fewer PRs granted. Do you ag

Growth slow down or improve also won't give me any benefits leh. LCB can go fuck himself! :oIo:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

MM Lee says that since Singaporean wanted fewer PRs, then they must accept slower growth. Do you agree this correlation between PRs and economic growth?

Yes, I agree! We must also import FTs into our government! Let FT run for election to be PM and ministers and compete with the PAP! Then we can have cheaper PM and maybe better!!! And Singapore politic growth can grow faster too!!!!!

Last edited:

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Growth slow down or improve also won't give me any benefits leh. LCB can go fuck himself! :oIo:

I would greatly subscribe to the idea that the lone reason for our strong growth last year is due to FT, not!
I dare our greatest leader to do the reverse, increase the number of FT this year for a better growth than this miserable expectation, go ahead. Let's see the reaction. Sounds like he is saying democracy (and because of its slowing-down economy election poll) is a big hinder to Singapore. Almost fifty years on, he have not change that idea a bit.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

First, he pissed off our neighbours, then the malays. Now its every local. What will he think of next?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We have to seek the views of our master economist GMS.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

We have to seek the views of our master economist GMS.

Better not the economist who after selling his flat at record high price, now wants to crash market prices.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Growth improve or not , not related to my company.
Growth improve means the peasants work hard. LCB and gang got high pay rise.

Nabeh !

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

eh bro... up there got one golden monkey.
becareful hor.. :biggrin:

if its golden shower then bro golden dragon have to worry ...:biggrin:

prinzy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very scarry leh. For a long time, many people had been trying to compute the figures given. Even the gahmen is having trouble to come out with the REAL and actual figures. Every news media is controlled and they are also having troubles with the figures.... Pls, pls tell me who to actually believe hah?

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Very scarry leh. For a long time, many people had been trying to compute the figures given. Even the gahmen is having trouble to come out with the REAL and actual figures. Every news media is controlled and they are also having troubles with the figures.... Pls, pls tell me who to actually believe hah?

Believe no one.
The only place can believe is here.
Sammyboy !:wink:

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal

Growth or no growth, we still live like hell, off course growth is good for minitar poket! ccb

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree we need more FT to replenish our population.But why are we increasing the Indian population from previous 6% to current almost 10%?

I hope MM knows very well to replenish people from this impoverished source (South Asia) is not going to make us good!I think we dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand what will become of Singapore if 75% of our population are South Asian!Sorry for being coloured but for the sake of the country,this is a fact!

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I agree we need more FT to replenish our population.But why are we increasing the Indian population from previous 6% to current almost 10%?

Welcome to the club bro..
I think gahmen want some land in Shitland.
That why have to carry Ah Neh balls..

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hope MM knows very well to replenish people from this impoverished source (South Asia) is not going to make us good!I think we dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand what will become of Singapore if 75% of our population are South Asian!Sorry for being coloured but for the sake of the country,this is a fact!

I don't think many Europeans, Americans or Japanese want to migrate here. I think foreigner ratio now 1:3 should be reduced to 1:5. There's no point having a 6-million population at 10% growth rate when most are foreigners. They're not contributing to Singapore. They'll be Singapore by then. The locals who can't migrate out would then be held captive contributing to them to keep Singapore going for them as their oversea moneytree.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

What he meant is his Familee income will be lower.