• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM Lee says this year growth will be slower becos of fewer PRs granted. Do you agree?

libsg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: MM Lee says this year growth will be slower becos of fewer PRs granted. Do you ag

It's just his supporters cherry picking numbers in statistics to report to him. Like Murubak, LKY is deceived by his own party.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: MM Lee says this year growth will be slower becos of fewer PRs granted. Do you ag

I agree we need more FT to replenish our population.But why are we increasing the Indian population from previous 6% to current almost 10%?

I hope MM knows very well to replenish people from this impoverished source (South Asia) is not going to make us good!I think we dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand what will become of Singapore if 75% of our population are South Asian!Sorry for being coloured but for the sake of the country,this is a fact!

I think the Ah Neh population is at least 15% now which is more than the Malays. U believe their statistics? Just take a look around. The chances of you bumping into an Ah Neh is much much higher than bumping into a Malay. I think he is secretly trying to reduce the population of Malays by importing lots of Ah Nehs, going by his argument of the malays being unable to integrate. I would not mind having more malays than ah nehs as malays are more easy to get along with. All Nehs speak with fork-tongues, not to mention the stench.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think he is secretly trying to reduce the population of Malays by importing lots of Ah Nehs, going by his argument of the malays being unable to integrate. I would not mind having more malays than ah nehs as malays are more easy to get along with. All Nehs speak with fork-tongues, not to mention the stench.

Aren't filipinos considered Malays:confused:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He is claiming the failure of PAP for not being able to generate growth without the help of foreigners. On the other hand, they are drawing million dollars salaries for self-patting the growth they created. How contradicting can that be.

Please also read between his lines. He is saying the foreigners will be reduced this year (because of election). After election, he will open the flood gate again - growth at all cost - thanks for the stupid peasants vote.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is just simple math.

Sg = > 3% jobless rate

Economy can go up with one of 2 ways.

1 local biz makes more money

2 bring in more investment money which more or less translate to get more pple to set up biz here.

Option 2 is the faster way to get economy going. However with 3% jobless rate, manpower options is limited. Bring in Biz but no manpower = no use

Hence naturally economy will not be as good

The reason why they are scrambling to improve productivity is coz that's the only way to solve the manpower problem without actually having to increase the population, translation everyone same pay but do more work. The reason why all of us is in this situation in the first place was, his very own "Stop at 2" policy 3 decades ago.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why not have a country with 6 or even 8 million PRs and no citizens except the ruling class politicians? All highly productive toward GDP. There's no need for welfare, just deport the non-productive PRs back to their home countries. Then replace them with more productive new imports. Citizens are so burdensome. They want to vote and cry out loud for welfare when they're displaced and worse, there's nowhere to deport them to.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal

He'd better wake up his farking idea. Foreign Talents has got no correlation with economy growth. He studied law, not economics. So stick to what he does best, suing people! :oIo:

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal

wahlaneh...
since they depend so much on FT/FW, why not possible?

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aren't filipinos considered Malays:confused:

Not for me. I don't consider Pinoys as Malays. They are not muslims, but worship some guy whose mother is supposed to be a virgin. Maybe I shall call them as a freak race. They sure speak a funny language though some of them look very fair like chinese. I would be mistaken if they don't open their mouths.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

so singapore's growth depends on how much money ft's bring in with them into sinkapore? just like australias growth depends on number of immigrants coming in?

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

MM LKY is doing his CON job again.

GDP growth depends on 3 factors,input labour,input capital & increase in productivity.

PAP only know how to pump in labour & capital(our money)

So we have been having high GDP growth but people are unhappy,ba\ecause per capita income is not going up.

Now MM LKY knows the people are angry with PAP,so he puts the blames on the poeple,becuase people dont like PAP to bring in FTs,so GDP down.

We should ask PAP,we allow u to bring in FTs at liberty, where is the increase in our per capita income.-better life for citizens

DONT BE CONNED BY LKYB AGAIN

"Absolutely. This guy(MM LKY) has an agenda behind every speech, comment and word that he expresses. If you look hard enough, you will find it."Quoted Scroobal

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spot on bro. You hit the neh on the head!

Up you points!

I think the Ah Neh population is at least 15% now which is more than the Malays. U believe their statistics? Just take a look around. The chances of you bumping into an Ah Neh is much much higher than bumping into a Malay. I think he is secretly trying to reduce the population of Malays by importing lots of Ah Nehs, going by his argument of the malays being unable to integrate. I would not mind having more malays than ah nehs as malays are more easy to get along with. All Nehs speak with fork-tongues, not to mention the stench.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh yes, Abu Dhabi is such a country - more foreigners than citizens! Heard tell it's a ratio of 4:1.

Why not have a country with 6 or even 8 million PRs and no citizens except the ruling class politicians? All highly productive toward GDP. There's no need for welfare, just deport the non-productive PRs back to their home countries. Then replace them with more productive new imports. Citizens are so burdensome. They want to vote and cry out loud for welfare when they're displaced and worse, there's nowhere to deport them to.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

If we replace the whole Cabinet with FTs, we'll surely see our GDP rocketing into the stratosphere.

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fucking moronic PAP and their rhetoric bullshites again

How much of these supposed growth went in to the pockets of urs, ur minions and ur fellow "elites" and how much of it trickles down to the average Singaporeans?

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal

400afp_leekuanyew1.jpg

The key is to put the blame on the sinkies.
sinkies don't welcome FTs. So we limit the FTs.
This resulted in slower growth.
Actually all along, this has been my game.
sinkies has been made the scapegoat again and again.:biggrin:

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal

Omg, i cannot believe LKY can be this stupid. Last year, there is a record low of PR and we have record high of GDP.

What does this means? It means PR are useless. He needs get his facts correct before he mouthed rubbish.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

If a growth reduction of thirty thousand PR will impact the economic growth by a few percentage points......then the average ah beng better wakeup and have a serious look at the current economic policies and plans to see where it is leading this cuntry....before kenna lead over a cliff (however unintentional)....too late liao. Two is enough policy already contributed to the advanced pace in genociding sinkies liao:o