• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minimum wage in Singapore? Not a good idea for consumers!

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN imuho whether got min wage doesn't leelee matter so long one doesn't contribute to the success of any leech People KNN my uncle doesn't mind working with low celery for a man as poor as him whereas he wouldn't work for a higher celery to make someone much leecher than him KNN

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol the hard fact is singapore gahmen don’t want minimum wages lah.
Just accept it it will never happen.

after 50 years under this gahmen u still don’t know their greed ah whatever they do or empliment is all to their (gahmen) benefits!!!!!
and NEVER for the people!!!
Minimum wage and prohibition of foreign labour is bad for business. The success foundation of the island was and still is free market economy and free movement of labour.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no need for minimum wage if cheap foreign labour is barred ftom the economy. Wages will automatically move up. And price increase easily absorbed.
Again , you are far from reality but dwelling in theatrics

foreign labour can never be abolished since how many able and fit Sinkie we have who can replace the Banglas and kelings in our labour force ?

but because setting a minimum wage will also increase the wages currently earned by foreign workers such as maids and labours , so the local born has to bear the brunt and suffer ?

this is not right

but we have identified the bug , that is foreigners wage will increase causing a huge problem and it may actually work against local workers since than with a minimum wage in place , there will be foreign workers willing to work harder and put more hours than locals for the same amount of minimum wages

so , it’s not the minimum wage that is the problem per ce but addressing the foreign work force paying a minimum sum is

than let’s look at the problem in that angle , I am sure we can separate the wage structure between local vs foreign morally and legally

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minimum wage and prohibition of foreign labour is bad for business. The success foundation of the island was and still is free market economy and free movement of labour.

Neo liberal policy works anywhere in the World if it is being allowed to flourish, not just Singapore.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can inflate prices and increase utilities bills and etc. Even the min wage is set higher than previous wage, your money worth lesser.
There will come a point whereby govt will cap how much is the utility charges is fair. We can allow free market to reign and allow inflation and the landowners to prosper at the expenses of common people.

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's economics stupid. Well, if you don't put cash into people's hands, who will spend to balance out the savers. Your Singapore economy will implode if there is a excessive savings. Money doesn't circulate.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know that Australia attracts hundreds of thousands of immigrants a year. Most are wealthy professionals or retirees. And they bring in maybe a million $ each say. That translate into a billion for every thousand, ten billion for every ten thousand, a hundred billion aud$ every year. Except this year due to covid. That was how australia avouds recession.

And all these excludes the tens of 5housands of overseas students who pay full fees into the education system. Plus their dad who buy them homes and sends money for monthly spending.

Cost of producing electricity in Australia is cheap due to abundance of coal.the cheapest form of energy but polluting.plus solar/battery storage is now entirely used in southern Australia power grid if I am not mistaken.

PAP is using Australia as a example to boost its economy wrt immigrants. Unfortunately, not msny actually live on the island after getting the passport. They needed sinkie passport as it's easy to get to the west for businesses or travel.
There is no need for minimum wage if cheap foreign labour is barred ftom the economy. Wages will automatically move up. And price increase easily absorbed.
great analysis. :thumbsup:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can inflate prices and increase utilities bills and etc. Even the min wage is set higher than previous wage, your money worth lesser.
There will come a point whereby govt will cap how much is the utility charges is fair. We can allow free market to reign and allow inflation and the landowners to prosper at the expenses of common people.
just this. one of the things I suspect is that because there is no competition to supplying utilities in singapore, the rates are artificially inflated already. @amransan says that his electricity bill is more expensive in singapore than oz. I've run into the same thing. And for those who say no native fuel source, I point to Singapore's refining capabilities to bring in a large captive supply of fuel.

A lot of things in Singapore are not free market. Not your housing and utilities which has artificial supply and price adjustments continually, nor the labour pool with the gahmen skimming of levies and other $$$ from foreign workers. It is in fact a very well crafted artificial economy and sinkies are slaves who just don't know it. Having said that, they are well looked after slaves for the most part.

The problem is really starting to bite now when the carefully crafted artificial economy is no longer well balanced because the crafty man at the helm is now in the next life and his successor really just doesn't give a shit about his peons.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
just this. one of the things I suspect is that because there is no competition to supplying utilities in singapore, the rates are artificially inflated already. @amransan says that his electricity bill is more expensive in singapore than oz. I've run into the same thing. And for those who say no native fuel source, I point to Singapore's refining capabilities to bring in a large captive supply of fuel.

A lot of things in Singapore are not free market. Not your housing and utilities which has artificial supply and price adjustments continually, nor the labour pool with the gahmen skimming of levies and other $$$ from foreign workers. It is in fact a very well crafted artificial economy and sinkies are slaves who just don't know it. Having said that, they are well looked after slaves for the most part.

The problem is really starting to bite now when the carefully crafted artificial economy is no longer well balanced because the crafty man at the helm is now in the next life and his successor really just doesn't give a shit about his peons.
Well said bro!!!
Sadly many Singapore don’t want to accept the fact that they are really slave!!! And they don’t owned anything in singapore because at the end of the day EVERYTHING GOES BACK TO THE GAHMEN!

infact everything there are controlled by the gahmen and like u said there NO competitors that is whyEVERYTHING there very expensive!
Again Singaporean don’t want to acknowledge that!!!

and one thing I have to correct u bro the gahmen there don’t look after the people.
If the gahmen look after the people u won’t see the old pioneers pushing trolleys collecting boxes to sell to karang guni to buy food for the day bro.

In Singapore is like a piramit(sorry don’t know how to spell u know in Arab one of the 7 wonders) only the top reap all the benefits while the bottom (the people) slave have to work their ass off.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Sinkieland none can match Pappies way of reasoning on any issues. If the minimum wage was introduced by Pappies, none who oppose could beat their way of reasoning too.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could also be foundation for fail lure if in deed the world has changed and we cling on to old ways. Fail to adapt, fail to survive. U want crawl back to msia as fail state? :unsure:

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could also be foundation for fail lure if in deed the world has changed and we cling on to old ways. Fail to adapt, fail to survive. U want crawl back to msia as fail state? :unsure:
Malaysia failed state?
If I were to compare the Malaysian can retire when they reach 55 year old gracefully.
But can sgrean gracefully retire at 55 year old?

what the use of a rich country when the people cannot retire. At least Malaysia look after their pioneers and returned their cpf when its due.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia failed state?
If I were to compare the Malaysian can retire when they reach 55 year old gracefully.
But can sgrean gracefully retire at 55 year old?

what the use of a rich country when the people cannot retire. At least Malaysia look after their pioneers and returned their cpf when its due.
55 not conducive age to retire anywhere on the planet. Wuth today's health care, 55 is still middle aged. Your mind will go numb if you retire at 55. 75 is the new retirement age. Or work as long as physically able.like what boss is am currently doing in photography.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Minimum wage might be good for those essential dead end jobs if it means reducing dependency on the Banglas and foreign workers.

Of course, those cronies managing dorms won't be pleased about it. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
55 not conducive age to retire anywhere on the planet. Wuth today's health care, 55 is still middle aged. Your mind will go numb if you retire at 55. 75 is the new retirement age. Or work as long as physically able.like what boss is am currently doing in photography.

Retirement is for losers. If you love what you do, you would continue to do it until the day you die. You might reduce the workload, or mentor the younger generation. But you won't stop.

They belong to the same category of losers who queue up to buy 4D and Toto regularly. They perceive their life situation to be crap, and thus believe if they huat big time one time, their life is going to be magically transformed into roses and sunshine. Deluded fools. :cool:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Retirement is for losers. If you love what you do, you would continue to do it until the day you die. You might reduce the workload, or mentor the younger generation. But you won't stop.

They belong to the same category of losers who queue up to buy 4D and Toto regularly. They perceive their life situation to be crap, and thus believe if they huat big time one time, their life is going to be magically transformed into roses and sunshine. Deluded fools. :cool:

Yup

Like me. I hate what I do.

And I buy lottery regularly. Not that it will transform my life but for my family.

I also hope I took cancer or heart attack.