• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minimum wage in Singapore? Not a good idea for consumers!

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
55 not conducive age to retire anywhere on the planet. Wuth today's health care, 55 is still middle aged. Your mind will go numb if you retire at 55. 75 is the new retirement age. Or work as long as physically able.like what boss is am currently doing in photography.

well it all depend if one plan properly and have enough money to put food on the table one can retire.

I stop working at 41 year old and became a full time daddy now already 47 year old heheee. Honestly if I still in Sg can never retire and have children because too expensive I don’t want my next generation to suffer.
i know some sgrean in Australia they can retire but they still want to work because they want to have more and more money. well i cant say anything it their life it is not wrong to earn more money it is individual choice.
for me i am contented i can have 3 meals a day and enjoying my retirement and get to go twice holidays a year for 2 weeks each time i wont ask for more :smile:

Last edited:

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well those who think retire early is for loser then work till u die lor

Mind go numb??? Actually my mind is more relax, calm and very happy!
I get to do things I never get to do I learn how to cook I took up new hobby in photography and I able to do gardening too
And best of all I can take afternoon nap after I do cooking after that watch japanese anime :smile:

if I am bored I will go bunning windows hopping to kill the while waitting time to fetch my daughter from school.
And my neighbour (ex sgrean also) he just retired at 56 year old we will have coffee or tea and chit chat.

trust me retirement is very nice I won’t say this if I never experienced it myself!
Try it I very sure u will love it too!

Last edited:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said bro!!!
Sadly many Singapore don’t want to accept the fact that they are really slave!!! And they don’t owned anything in singapore because at the end of the day EVERYTHING GOES BACK TO THE GAHMEN!

infact everything there are controlled by the gahmen and like u said there NO competitors that is whyEVERYTHING there very expensive!
Again Singaporean don’t want to acknowledge that!!!
you are sharper than most. just because some people can regurgitate all that the read in books doesn't make one smart.

and one thing I have to correct u bro the gahmen there don’t look after the people.
If the gahmen look after the people u won’t see the old pioneers pushing trolleys collecting boxes to sell to karang guni to buy food for the day bro.
this is actually a very difficult thing to pin down. In some ways they did well, in some ways they threw you to the wolves. I can write a long paper on how up to the 80s Singaporeans were unusually fortunate compared to the rest of the world. for the 90s ok only. Of course, younger generations, don't really feel that. From the 2000's onward, forget it. everybody mati.

In Singapore is like a piramit(sorry don’t know how to spell u know in Arab one of the 7 wonders) only the top reap all the benefits while the bottom (the people) slave have to work their ass off.
pyramid bro. :smile:

last time the bottom still better off than many places in the world. Now dying.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
55 not conducive age to retire anywhere on the planet. Wuth today's health care, 55 is still middle aged. Your mind will go numb if you retire at 55. 75 is the new retirement age. Or work as long as physically able.like what boss is am currently doing in photography.
elsewhere 65 can already lah...

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minimum wage might be good for those essential dead end jobs if it means reducing dependency on the Banglas and foreign workers.

Of course, those cronies managing dorms won't be pleased about it. :wink:
if the whole country decides to give up their dependency on cheap foreign labour, I'm with you. But as you rightly pointed out, too many political interests need that cheap foreign labour.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

I get to do things I never get to do I learn how to cook I took up new hobby in photography and I able to do gardening too
And best of all I can take afternoon nap after I do cooking after that watch japanese anime :smile:

if I am bored I will go bunning windows hopping to kill the while waitting time to fetch my daughter from school.
And my neighbour (ex sgrean also) he just retired at 56 year old we will have coffee or tea and chit chat.

trust me retirement is very nice I won’t say this if I never experienced it myself!
I don't think he means what you lah... There are some people mentality make money only, some people hope to strike it rich enough then they can stop working. I think he means those people look at $$$ only. Not you look at life.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Yes I will work till I die.

Hopefully dont live too long then dont work too much also.

My wife dont earn money.

So I am sole breadwinner.

I can also choose to stop working like you bro. But family will eat grass.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

If everyone have the choices to retire young or late.
Then it is a fair.
If many cannot have choices and work till dead
Then this is a sad case country.
What is the use being first world country but your 3 million citizens no choices to spend time???

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am curious, even no minimum wages, the prices are raising every year without fail.
So why not just for once ... take care of the Poor, reverse the trend & credit some karma

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I will work till I die.

Hopefully dont live too long then dont work too much also.

My wife dont earn money.

So I am sole breadwinner.

I can also choose to stop working like you bro. But family will eat grass.

Bro I am very sure u can retire more gracefully then me and earlier if I want to bro.

Take me for example what I did was I renounce my Singapore citizenship and collect all my hard earn cpf and sold my hdb flat.

Once I got them I bought a house and after 10 years later I bought another house and rent it out. And because my dear wife is still young she only 37 year old she told me she will retire when she reach 55 year old.

We are not rich but we manage to put food on the table 3 times a day and go twice a year holidays is to us is very good because when we were in Singapore we had to save afew months until we save $400 and changed it to ringgit so that we can go JB to makan, window shopping and I go 2 hrs thai massage and go home after that. That all we can afford to go “holiday” when we were in Sg bro.

And my neighbour ex sgrean also able to retire at 55 year old this year now he every week go play golf (during COVID he had to stop playing)

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am curious, even no minimum wages, the prices are raising every year without fail.
So why not just for once ... take care of the Poor, reverse the trend & credit some karma

Bro in Singapore there no such thing as help or benefits they want sgrean to live on their own and not depend on the gahmen.
And when they “give or help” u should very worried because soon something will goes UP!

Remember this the more they “give or help” the MORE THEY TAKE BACK!!!

And many ask for minimum wages in Sg and trust me it will never happen Singaporean can forget about it.

The only way is to save yourself and your family migrate to a better country and in future your children and their children will say thank you to u bro!

As far as I can remembered Since a young boy I had seen Singapore in the 70s to present it get worst by the year and many are blind to see how bad it is there!!!