• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Millionaire plastic surgeon dies of cancer at age 40.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Brevity Is Like A Firework

thank you bro ray_of_hope for that very inspiring comment. thank you...very true indeed. i've yet to learn to be like you.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
there must be a logical explanation to his death.

A person do not just get cancer this way out of thin air.

It must be because of his competitive nature and his desire for glamorous lifestyle of eating all the rich meat diet that cause him to get cancer.

He say that he also practice cosmetic surgery so he sort of like a part time thing to learn it.

HE might have expose himself to certain chemical during the course of doing such surgery and did not perform safety precaution and it gets to its lungs.

his focus on getting money might have cause him to lose sight in taking precaution on his own health.

ps: he is already dead... so sad... what a waste.

Wah, this Doctor Tonychat sounded more expert than the experts themselves.
Anyone believing in him will get cancer of the brain instead - quack, quack!

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I say, enjoy while you can. You'll never know when will go. And worst is cannot bring the money together. Dio Boh?

Boh dio leh! When you go it can be converted to another currency.
I am not too sure about the exact conversion rate, but it's something like trillions dollars to 10 Sin dollar! You can even bring along a Ferrari with you - but made of different materials.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rather ironic that ppl need to get stage 4 or 5 cancer or some other terminal illness to become more philosophical about life and so on. Just like the prisoner on death row that found Christ for example. That's the problem when such people preach to others. Were it not for their present situation they wouldn't even care about compassion or religion. If this dr didn't get cancer he would still be interested in gaining more wealth.

I was wondering too about the strange religious thing.
There is another transcript, but it has a lot of Christianity stuff in it - detailing how he was an unbelieving, practising doctor to a practising Christian spreading Christian messages and faith because of certain voices and revelations during this illness. This transcript doesn't seem to reflect the one in the Youtube video which looks unedited, genuine. His audience is supposedly from the Dental Christian Fellowship (24 Nov 2011) - about 8 months after his diagnosis though doctors gave him a prognosis of only 3 - 4 months to live.

For Christians, this alternative transcript is very compelling.

Here is the link:
http://www.heavenaddress.com/Dr-Richard-Teo-Keng-Siang/424153/379719/content

MKPKB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money no enough.

Many of us would love the luxury of taking his advice.

Unfortunately, most of us are working our asses off just to survive and make ends meet.

You gotta be rich in the first place to appreciate his speech. Most of us are not.

I can bet some senior citizens do not even have a proper meal on a daily basis. What abalone are we talking about? I bet they don't even have the chance to taste it, let alone being high minded and talking about being kind and frugal. Money no enough is a serious business. He's been there. He's bored. He needs a time off. Death is his long vacation, that's all. He is dying and so he cannot represent us.

MKPKB

Alfrescian
Loyal

Because when I start to accumulate, the more I have, the more I want. The more I wanted, the more obsessed I became.

A lot of times we forget, whom we are supposed to be serving. We become so lost that we serve nobody else but just ourselves.

We kind of lose our moral compass along the way. Because we just want to make money.

20070410_Lee-Hsien-Loong_0.jpg
[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

And do you think that he will let go? No way. Selfish people have many reasons to say no.

MKPKB

Alfrescian
Loyal

If people were to go online and mock me whilst I am seriously ill I would not be concerned nor affected by it.

Equally, the thought that people would mock me after my death is to me neither here nor there.

What has happened to you?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." -- Matthew 19:24

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was wondering too about the strange religious thing.

For Christians, this alternative transcript is very compelling.

Here is the link:
http://www.heavenaddress.com/Dr-Richard-Teo-Keng-Siang/424153/379719/content

There is nothing strange. Christianity is the most appealing deathbed/ death row/ prison religion. It says child murderer adrian lim can go to heaven. He became a christian before he was hanged.

Compare this to buddhism, which will tell dr richard and adrian lim that it's karma from this and past lives that caused their suffering.

I't a no brainer they chose to believe in christ.

M

Mdm Tang

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." -- Matthew 19:24

Bro ray of hope , are u a Christian .?

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal

It does not really matter whether you are a doctor , a taxi-driver or a cleaner, your death is not determined by your status in life.Rich or poor, king or serf, high or low....when death strikes, it is fair to all.

There is no irony in death. So do not mock at the premature death of the doctor for he too is a vulnerable human being like all of us.We never know when Death will come knocking at our doors.

I have many good and wealthy friends who died within three to six months after they were diagnosed with a terminal illness. Life is just like the fleeting cloud, a phantom , the morning dew....the mirage. It can just disappear ---yes, just like this. Cherish the moment when you are well and alive. Do not mock at others for the mockery will return to mock at us when it is our turn to face DEATH..... Cheers!

Another good example is the famous East Coast Lagoon Satay Beehoon bros.

I pretty sure that both of them are very rich judging by the very long Q.

See what happen to them now.

One of them is paralysed, the elder one has advanced stage stomach cancer.

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro ray of hope , are u a Christian .?

Dear Madam, I was brought up as such, but I would say I am now a very poor example. These days I describe myself as "nominally Christian". But some things you had acquired tend to never leave you. As a person who always likes to learn, I take the best from other religions. I do believe in the concept of karma. Very much so.

M

Mdm Tang

Dear Madam, I was brought up as such, but I would say I am now a very poor example. These days I describe myself as "nominally Christian". But some things you had acquired tend to never leave you. As a person who always likes to learn, I take the best from other religions. I do believe in the concept of karma. Very much so.

Unfortunately SGP is not the right place to be Christian.
Many Christians and ex Christians in SGP share the same situation like us.
Fortunately, with the Internet we can be better informed.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unfortunately SGP is not the right place to be Christian.
Many Christians and ex Christians in SGP share the same situation like us.
Fortunately, with the Internet we can be better informed.

Yes, Mdm, you are right. That is why I have lapsed in my religious observances.
I had noticed that there was a class structure at a place where I had really not expected to see one.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is nothing strange. Christianity is the most appealing deathbed/ death row/ prison religion. It says child murderer adrian lim can go to heaven. He became a christian before he was hanged.

Compare this to buddhism, which will tell dr richard and adrian lim that it's karma from this and past lives that caused their suffering.

I't a no brainer they chose to believe in christ.

Anyone know what LKY is :confused:
We all know he's an opportunist, crook,.. etc, but does he have a religion?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyone know what LKY is :confused:
We all know he's an opportunist, crook,.. etc, but does he have a religion?

if he is, singapore will not be what it is today.....:smile:

i humbly respect the man....he is a great leader despite everything that is said about him...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
live this life religiously and passionately. we only have this one...make the full use of it. don't squander and waste it. you only live once....and you are uniquely so.:smile: