• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$$$Million Ex-MRT Msian CEO Blames LTA for Fiasco! 0 Remorse! SHOCKINGLY BOCHUP!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore News
icon_minus.gif
icon_plus.gif

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
shim.gif

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
<TD vAlign=top width=784 colSpan=2>Ex-SMRT CEO defends maintenance regime at court hearing
By Hetty Musfirah | Posted: 10 May 2012 1819 hrs
display_image.php
Photos 1 of 1<INPUT id=btnPrev disabled value="<< Previous" src="/images/butt_previous.gif" width=18 height=15 type=image><INPUT id=bntPlay value="Play - Stop" src="/images/butt_stop.gif" width=19 height=15 type=image><INPUT id=btnNext disabled value=" Next >> " src="/images/butt_next.gif" width=18 height=15 type=image>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
dotline_240.gif

Former SMRT CEO Saw Phaik Hwa (R) took the stand at Thursday's Committee of Inquiry hearing. (Photo: Hon Jing Yi)

<TBODY>
<TD>

<TBODY>
<TD vAlign=top width="100%">

<TBODY>
<TD>
Related News
shim.gif
shim.gif
Video
shim.gif

Ex-SMRT CEO defends maintenance regime at court hearing

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
shim.gif

<TBODY>
<TD vAlign=top align=left>
[TD="class: bodytext, width: 96%"]Foreign train experts recommend "fairly common sense" solutions

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
[TD="class: bodytext, width: 96%"]SMRT studying more measures to improve safety of passengers

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
[TD="class: bodytext, width: 96%"]Rail claws dislodge despite cable ties: COI

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
[TD="class: bodytext, width: 96%"]Upgrading train signalling system can relief bus bridging services in disruption

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
[TD="class: bodytext, width: 96%"]LTA engineers unaware of dislodged rail claws prior to disruptions: COI

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
[/TD]

</TBODY>
[/TD]

</TBODY>
[/TD]

</TBODY>
[/TD]

</TBODY>
<!-- for social media sharing functions -->

<fb:like class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" ref=".T6wA_xUXEaY.like" show_faces="false" font="arial" width="120" action="recommend" layout="button_count" href="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1200459/1/.html"><IFRAME style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 130px; HEIGHT: 21px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" id=fb903df7d0f4bf class=fb_ltr title="Like this content on Facebook." src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?action=recommend&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D5%23cb%3Df2c273d9bc24b28%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.channelnewsasia.com%252Ff29de9c8d6ac7a%26domain%3Dwww.channelnewsasia.com%26relation%3Dparent.parent&extended_social_context=false&font=arial&href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.channelnewsasia.com%2Fstories%2Fsingaporelocalnews%2Fview%2F1200459%2F1%2F.html&layout=button_count&locale=en_US&node_type=1&ref=.T6wA_xUXEaY.like&sdk=joey&show_faces=false&width=130" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency name=f31cff0b30a6058 scrolling=no></IFRAME></fb:like>

<IFRAME style="WIDTH: 112px; HEIGHT: 20px" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1336551279.html#_=1336672511762&count=horizontal&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.channelnewsasia.com%2Fstories%2Fsingaporelocalnews%2Fview%2F1200459%2F1%2F.html&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.channelnewsasia.com%2Fstories%2Fsingaporelocalnews%2Fview%2F1200459%2F1%2F.html&size=m&text=Ex-SMRT%20CEO%20defends%20maintenance%20regime%20at%20court%20hearing%20-%20Channel%20NewsAsia%3A&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.channelnewsasia.com%2Fstories%2Fsingaporelocalnews%2Fview%2F1200459%2F1%2F.html%23.T6wA__NxZK0.twitter" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME>

inShare1

<TBODY> </TBODY>
<!-- END social media sharing functions -->
SINGAPORE: Train operator SMRT had planned for further checks after Singapore's first major train disruption on 15 December last year but the Land Transport Authority (LTA) had asked for "services to resume as soon as possible."

This was what former SMRT CEO Saw Phaik Hwa said in her testimony on Thursday at the public inquiry on the train disruptions.

However, Ms Saw was unaware if the intention for more checks was communicated to LTA .

=> Too lazy even to verify! How ridiculous can these overpaid FAT CATs be!

She also defended SMRT's maintenance regime. She said she was at a company function when the first evening peak-hour disruption occured.

But she was kept informed of the developments by senior management staff .

=> Should she not be on the ground to take charge of the situation instead of carry on wining and dining? Absolutely BOCHUP!

Closer to 9pm, she was told the situation was under control.

Later, she received another call from executive vice-president of trains, Khoo Hean Siang, who said services should not resume even though faults had been rectified.

Mr Khoo also recommended a complete check.

But it appeared this intention was not communicated to the LTA .

Ms Saw was also questioned on issues concerning maintenance such as the budget for it.

She said the maintenance budget had not been declining and that higher productivity was a reason that kept costs low .

=> like 1 worker doing 2 workers' job?

She said SMRT had performed significantly better than standards set upon it, and that SMRT always strives to do better.

Ms Saw also shared how SMRT had planned for massive disruptions due to security breaches, but not claws dropping from the third rail.

She said such an incident has " never happened anywhere in the world ."

Still, she said the impact of the disruptions was " as great as several bombs going off."

This meant SMRT should have classified the incident as "Ops Red 1" - the highest classification under SMRT's Rail Incident Management Plan, even though there were no casualties.

This was because there was a need to get external agencies to help cope with the large crowds.

The court heard that prior to the December disruptions, a Board member had raised concerns over the higher number of train disruptions due to faults.

A scheduled presentation to give an explanation at a meeting on 28 October 2011 did not take place due to a lack of time .

Ms Saw said there are many reasons for train faults in recent times. She said there's a need for the half-height platform screen doors that were installed recently to work in sync with the signalling system, as any delay or misalignment can cause a fault.

A bug with new trains that are pumped into the system was another cause. Higher train frequencies and rainy weather can also cause track faults, due to design of the current signalling system.

"If not for these factors, I think our performance would not be affected," said Ms Saw.

=> Does she mean that systems in HK, Taiwan, Japan, etc do not operate in inclement weather, etc? Btw, how much is she paid?

- CNA/ck/de <!-- Zone Tag : Channel News Asia In Text <script type="text/javascript"> innity_pub = "66368270ffd51418ec58bd793f2d9b1b"; innity_zone = "12251"; innity_width = "**"; innity_height = "**"; innity_country = "SG"; </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.innity.com/network.js"></script>-->
[/TD]

</TBODY>

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"If not for these factors, I think our performance would not be affected," said Ms Saw. => Does she mean that systems in HK, Taiwan, Japan, etc do not operate in inclement weather, etc? Btw, how much is she paid?" quote

In other words, in other country, they are paid less but work better, that is what we call productivity. They do have 'connected to' in other countries too, but here in SINgapore, the 'connected to' are immortals & untouchables, for the people have no 'balls' to kick out these unproductive, over paid people.

It is a disgrace!:p

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw her on the TV news
why is she carrying a walking stick to walk?
and someone is helping her to walk

is this the same 'sympathy' act that Teo chee hean did during 2006 election when he carry a clutch to win votes?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I saw her on the TV news
why is she carrying a walking stick to walk?
and someone is helping her to walk

is this the same 'sympathy' act that Teo chee hean did during 2006 election when he carry a clutch to win votes?

She had a recent operation done on her knee.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"If not for these factors, I think our performance would not be affected," said Ms Saw. => Does she mean that systems in HK, Taiwan, Japan, etc do not operate in inclement weather, etc? Btw, how much is she paid?" quote

In other words, in other country, they are paid less but work better, that is what we call productivity. They do have 'connected to' in other countries too, but here in SINgapore, the 'connected to' are immortals & untouchables, for the people have no 'balls' to kick out these unproductive, over paid people.

It is a disgrace!:p

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. from the fat butchman's statements.
3. it just reflects its defiance & boldness.
4. it is above everything!
5. honest, plainly the disruption just bore down to quality of materials & parts as well as maintenance.
6. it is a another load of crap from the butch thing.
7. bottomline matters most!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
my question: was maintanence of power transmitting tracks and the claws done on a regular basis? if not, why?

hi there

1. bro, such coi is just part of the wayang going on.
2. wants transparency & accountability.
3. daft sheep should engage professional experts from the uk, swiss & jpn.
4. only reporting to the weakling tau neh tan! oops!
5. all reports & findings must be made public.
6. this way, the butchman has nowhere to hide her fats.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was a former staff from SMRT and have worked nearly 20years in it from its beginning till the day I retired and from what I see how they trying to push blames and cover ups it makes me sick. They way her management cut manpower and source for parts is a joke and the way LTA and those PSB people come and audit the way they carry out the maintainance is a total BS and just for show.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was a former staff from SMRT and have worked nearly 20years in it from its beginning till the day I retired and from what I see how they trying to push blames and cover ups it makes me sick. They way her management cut manpower and source for parts is a joke and the way LTA and those PSB people come and audit the way they carry out the maintainance is a total BS and just for show.

It is the same way PAP is running this wonderful country.

roadster

Alfrescian
Loyal
[

She said such an incident has "never happened anywhere in the world."

]

"never happened anywhere in the world" does not mean others are lucky. Others might have a very stringent proactive maintenance and preventive process to pre-empt and resolve issues before it even has a chance to happen.

This is similar to multi-million salaried ministers. They think they are paid millions to solve problem.

Hell No!! They should know that they are paid that high salary to pre-empt and nib issues in the bud! And that requires solid experience to even know what the heck is happening and potential issues.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her good friend must have assured her that running SMRT (a train operator) is easy money once in a lifetime opportunity ,just like running any GLC,although she knows nothing about train operations
She thought running a train operator efficiently n safely is a part-time job n she thought her full-time job is to increase
rental revenue from rental shops inside MRT stations.
She got her job priorities upside down.
Somemore they bragged that they have scanned for suitable candidates all over the world with their very stringent recruitment n selection process n finally they come up with a rare talent suitable CEO in Saw.
What a big joke ? All this is a farce in Singapore.
Who is the one who recruited Saw ?
We demand transparency,accountability n liability in Singapore !
We do not accept corruption,collusion n nepotism in Singapore !

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. bro, 5 thumbs up to you.
2. yes, only daft sheep & the so-called coi take this load of crap!
3. as if it is gospel truth.
4. no eye see!

Marican

Alfrescian
Loyal
The maintenance checks and routine could be in conformance to the system before the problem.As such the regularity was not able to detect any faults that could have been avoided.

Why?Every crony is just enjoying their kickbacks and fat paychecks.

my question: was maintanence of power transmitting tracks and the claws done on a regular basis? if not, why?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[

She said such an incident has "never happened anywhere in the world."

]

"never happened anywhere in the world" does not mean others are lucky. Others might have a very stringent proactive maintenance and preventive process to pre-empt and resolve issues before it even has a chance to happen.

This is similar to multi-million salaried ministers. They think they are paid millions to solve problem.

Hell No!! They should know that they are paid that high salary to pre-empt and nib issues in the bud! And that requires solid experience to even know what the heck is happening and potential issues.

hi there

1. such specimen is farting via its huge rear hole again!
2. this is part of sheep's foreign talent.
3. kosong accountability.
4. in another word: not my damn biz hoh!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
We do not accept corruption,collusion n nepotism in Singapore !

We do actually. The incumbent government garnered approximately 60% of the votes in the last general election. :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The answer would be, "Yes"!, there were maintanence done, just like the government and the people working under them. There is a system of checks, and down the line, will say "checked, & yes!", it is a close the eyes, just tick "checked & yes!", and collect salaries & bonuses. This is the kind of productive people we get & upgrading of skills means, much more creative in saying "checked & yes!".

:p