• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Migrant workers Trying Hard to KuanXi and Secure Singapore Permanent Residence

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters,

migrant workers work 6 days a week and sleeping rough but they have the spare time to volunteer.
I wonder what is their motive behind this "koipiuncle" atttitude?

Work as volunteer will contributes additional points when applying for Singapore PR?

Migrant workers spend rest days volunteering

(From left) Grassroots leader Sunnie Tan and foreign workers Rajagopal Shanmugam, 34, Mohammad Aslam, 40, and Piyash Banik, 24, speaking to workers sitting in open areas at Teban Gardens. The foreign worker ambassadors join police and grassroots volunteers for rounds after work once a month. -- ST PHOTO: NG SOR LUAN

FROM 4am to 3.30pm, six days a week, kitchen worker Zhao Fu Xin's job is to cook sushi rice.

But on his rest day, the 23- year-old Chinese national is back in another kitchen - cleaning floors while other volunteers like him whip up thousands of free meals for the needy in Singapore.

"When we deliver the food to the elderly, I feel like I am doing something very meaningful," explained Mr Zhao, who has been volunteering at soup kitchen Willing Hearts for about a year, since arriving here in November 2012.

"As a foreign worker, my life here can be monotonous. So I like to come here to do things, everyone here is very friendly and warm."

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you dun like the FTs volunteering, you can go and also volunteer.

So that you can kick them out thereafter.

Dear brothers and sisters,

migrant workers work 6 days a week and sleeping rough but they have the spare time to volunteer.
I wonder what is their motive behind this "koipiuncle" atttitude?

Work as volunteer will contributes additional points when applying for Singapore PR?

Migrant workers spend rest days volunteering

(From left) Grassroots leader Sunnie Tan and foreign workers Rajagopal Shanmugam, 34, Mohammad Aslam, 40, and Piyash Banik, 24, speaking to workers sitting in open areas at Teban Gardens. The foreign worker ambassadors join police and grassroots volunteers for rounds after work once a month. -- ST PHOTO: NG SOR LUAN

FROM 4am to 3.30pm, six days a week, kitchen worker Zhao Fu Xin's job is to cook sushi rice.

But on his rest day, the 23- year-old Chinese national is back in another kitchen - cleaning floors while other volunteers like him whip up thousands of free meals for the needy in Singapore.

"When we deliver the food to the elderly, I feel like I am doing something very meaningful," explained Mr Zhao, who has been volunteering at soup kitchen Willing Hearts for about a year, since arriving here in November 2012.

"As a foreign worker, my life here can be monotonous. So I like to come here to do things, everyone here is very friendly and warm."

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When your so-called 'grassroots organizations' are infested with foreigners, you have failed as a country.

I would abolish these 'grassroots organizations' and implement a 'village chief council' system of ruling each constituency. And each constituency has clear borders: geographical and historical ones that cannot be gerrymandered away in elections.