• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MHA reaction after Kovan double murder

jw5

Loyal
I do not know his background, but I think it may be sufficient.

$4k Gross
CPF - 800
Net Salary $3.2k

Less off 1,800, he still has $1,400 for his family. This is on the assumption that he is managing the entire loan. In certain situation, both Husband and Wife will handle the loan even though the loan is under the husband's name. For example, renovation loan could be services by both parties, and wife could also be working.

May be sufficient for the average person, but this guy appears to have the kind of entltlement mentality whereby he thinks he is entltled to more and better than what he is actually deserving or capable of.
And it also seems that he is the type who must have his own way, and also keep his face.
I asked this question in an earlier post: Even if he was about to be made bankrupt and lose his job, so what? Declare bankruptcy and start over. Does he HAVE to be a senior staff sergeant in the police force? More importantly, does it warrant killing two people?

Some of the posts here trying to defend or empathise/sympathise with the killer cop or even blaming the old man and his son (even if they were not totally forthright) really baffles me. It's not as if the cop only tried to rob or con the father and son. He bloody killed them. Surely that makes a huge difference in our assessment of the case and the people involved, including the respective family members.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

$4k Gross
CPF - 800
Net Salary $3.2k

Less off 1,800, he still has $1,400 for his family. This is on the assumption that he is managing the entire loan. In certain situation, both Husband and Wife will handle the loan even though the loan is under the husband's name. For example, renovation loan could be services by both parties, and wife could also be working.

$1400 left is enough to pay all the other monthly essential bills and take care of 2 elderly folks who very highly have medical issues and another lady who could be his sister? And a flat which he probably brought at a high price since it was only about a year or so ago.

With that amount of money Ah m&d and do all these? With today's cost of living?

I don't know which hole you have just crawled out from to think that is possible but before I laugh and the rest here jest you yo say 'Sure, your PAP rulers say any Sinkie who earns gross $1000 can afford a HDB pigeon hole'

You better go back to your drawing board and re-visualise the suituation again using the cost of living at present and still think Ah m&d can pull thru month after months with only $1400 left each month.

jw5

Loyal
$1400 left is enough to pay all the other monthly essential bills and take care of 2 elderly folks who very highly have medical issues and another lady who could be his sister? And a flat which he probably brought at a high price since it was only about a year or so ago.

I don't know which hole you have just crawled out from to think that is possible but before I laugh and the rest here jest you yo say 'Sure, your PAP rulers say any Sinkie who earns gross $1000 can afford a HDB pigeon hole'

You better go back to your drawing board and re-visualise the suituation again using the cost of living at present and still think Ah m&d can pull thru month after months with only $1400 left each month.

Yes, cost of living in sinkieland is damn high and there are lots of laggards who unfairly are rich yet do very little, in some cases close to nothing.

But how about this as an action plan for a start:

1. Don't spend so much money.
2. Don't borrow so much money.
3. Don't worry so much about face.
4. Don't be afraid of starting over, doing something different or asking for help.
5. Don't kill people.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This must be one of the most idiotic posts of all time.

"When they make mistakes no one forgives and forgets?"
:rolleyes: Is it ok if these mistakes do not involve killing 2 people?

"Some form of recognition for the "poor" killer policeman for his past services"?
How about a promotion or a pay raise? :rolleyes:

And wow, compassion for the wife/parents/kids of the killer cop.
I was thinking that they should be named and their pictures published in the press and they would need to beg for forgiveness from the family members of the dead victims killed by their husband/son/father.

The idea that people get wiser as they get older is really a fallacy. Not in sinkieland it's not. Good memory perhaps but not wiser. :rolleyes:

Mr jw5,

Thank you for the posting to my thread.

I have always respected and held you in the highest esteem and STILL DO.

I was generally talking about police officers on the whole and was just using this incident to highlight the suffering of the men in blue.

I am no gallant knight in some shiny armour coming to the rescue of distressed and depression-prone men in blue, neither am I some rweincarnation of a Scottish prince Lochinvar out to rescue some Princess from the jaws of a fire-breathing dragon.

What I did was just trying to use these thread to put forth the suffering of these people who patrol our streets and keep it safe for all of us.

As mentioned earlier, I do not support the alleged crime committed by these police officer but feel sorry for the family.

I hope no one will ever want to be in his position. I even do not want my grandchildren to face such a situation. I am sure many readers too will share this hope with me.

I am just using this opinion of mine to bring the message across.

I have always respected you for your intelligence and intellectuality as expressed by you in your threads.

I am an ardent follower of your thread and will continue to do in the future.

Finally I certainly agree with you that the thought that age makes one wiser is nothing but a mere fallacy. Yes, there are many people with good memory BUT that does not equate them to a status where they would be viewed as being WISE.

Old people can never be "As Wise As Solomon" and in the same vein I finally recognise that an old Judge can never be wise too.

Parents chiding their children for doing wrong things are in the same category too for they are not being Wise.

All this years in the Forum, I have always maintained proper decorum at all times.

Finally, jw5 I am so sorry for making such a statement.

In the end I certainly wish that our poor police officers would be protected just like the deceased National Development Minister who was called a"an Oriental gentleman" by none other then his boss, LKY.

At least LKY possess the guts to defend even a corrupted politician.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

In the end I certainly wish that our poor police officers would be protected just like the deceased National Development Minister who was called a"an Oriental gentleman" by none other then his boss, LKY.

At least LKY possess the guts to defend even a corrupted politician.

Please la..... Oriental gentleman had to go and die because otherwise, he would have brought down the whole government including he who is faultless understand? Better that teh go and meethis maker than the whole fucking pap kena send to the chopping block for having their hands, nose, fingers, or even their cocks tanted and have to get hacked off.....

These days much easier,....just do a fucking big ass show delaration, do a fucking wayang cockamamie ministry "investigations", order a restricted debate on the fucking issue and sweep it all nicely under he carpet.... Problem solved, no further questions? Ok lets move on....

Nbccb corruption problem solving pap style..........

Its bloody fools like you who get decieved by the so called integrity and honour of the "old" pap who still desperately try to cling on to the last vestiges of what you thought was a good government....the good govenment all disappered the minute old man engineered his former old guard comrades' departure from the cabinet and systematically replaced all the appointees who were the gatekeeprs left behind by hsi former colleagues... Then he having put his own bunch of fucking yes men in pace slowly moved his family upfront and centre to reap all the greatbenfits of. System that was built on the backs of those earnest former ministers who actually wanted to serve the people....

Just ask yourselves this.... It would have been a greater singapore today with or wihout LHL? By having him there, could we not have had a better bunch in charge? Why is it that so many more charistmatic, forward thinking and superior individuals have refused to come forward to serve their country? Well all boils down to the "no one can be nebetter than my familee" mindset that has resulted in this fucking bunch of price taking, petty and municpal centred overpaid millionster ministers whom we have running this place.....

Sinkapore wont collpse overnight but sooner or later it will all come crmbling down as evidenced by the sheer kallang kabut dumbassery so well and recently demonstrated by 2 of our best and brightest ministers in the haze....i cant imagine what if you have a cunt like kee chiu or bukit brown or even zorro instead of them...... We might be throughly fucked today..... Like i said maybe not today but nobody can put it past this bunch of goons to fuck it all up someday tomorrow.....

Last edited:

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah boss $1,000 can buy a hdb flat..... Wah these cheebye ministers each can buy more than 1000 hbd flats every fucking year man......

Even in china those damm communists are catching bastards with too much money.... But not here in good old singapore.... We are not communists but we just rule like them

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He is divorced right? The women ran away after he is inn debt lah. You think women nowadays will slog together with the hubby? It is all about the good times and none of the bad.

$4k Gross
CPF - 800
Net Salary $3.2k

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Errr...actually, I think we are worse than them.

Yeah boss $1,000 can buy a hdb flat..... Wah these cheebye ministers each can buy more than 1000 hbd flats every fucking year man......

Even in china those damm communists are catching bastards with too much money.... But not here in good old singapore.... We are not communists but we just rule like them

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

I do assume whatever you spewed in the first paragraph are just your conjecture. I hope you also realise that at least 70-80% of Singaporeans are working with such amounts... and they are still surviving. I am not talking about luxurious lifestyle but survival

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Junior police men everyday kenna seduced by vice girls, corrupt longs, and hair brain ideas. You think the senior chaps got time to think about murder and rape?

jw5

Loyal
I was generally talking about police officers on the whole and was just using this incident to highlight the suffering of the men in blue.

As mentioned earlier, I do not support the alleged crime committed by these police officer but feel sorry for the family.

Better to keep your sympathy, compassion and empathy for ordinary folk who struggle to make ends meet (whether public servants or not) or those who encounter some tragedy or misfortune or even those who took their own lives. The case of the regular warrant officer was just reported and without knowing anything about the circumstances, I already feel more sympathy for him and his family than the killer of the father and son, and his family. Taking two lives changes things totally.

You are entitled to your opinion and feelings about the alledged killer's family members, but mine is that they should be begging the victims' families for forgivesness and are undeserving of sympathy from anyone. If they happen to be treated like pariahs, it's because their father/son/husband killed two people. At the moment, it appears that what he did was totally unjustified.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some of the posts here trying to defend or empathise/sympathise with the killer cop or even blaming the old man and his son (even if they were not totally forthright) really baffles me. It's not as if the cop only tried to rob or con the father and son. He bloody killed them. Surely that makes a huge difference in our assessment of the case and the people involved, including the respective family members.

Yeah I read somewhere the two dead victims both had neck injuries, that shows the policeman had clear intention to kill them, not just injure and rob them. So horrible, must hang this guy.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think Kohliantye already said that he is referring to policeman in general and what they had gone through in the police force.

Better to keep your sympathy, compassion and empathy for ordinary folk who struggle to make ends meet (whether public servants or not) or those who encounter some tragedy or misfortune or even those who took their own lives. The case of the regular warrant officer was just reported and without knowing anything about the circumstances, I already feel more sympathy for him and his family than the killer of the father and son, and his family. Taking two lives changes things totally.

You are entitled to your opinion and feelings about the alledged killer's family members, but mine is that they should be begging the victims' families for forgivesness and are undeserving of sympathy from anyone. If they happen to be treated like pariahs, it's because their father/son/husband killed two people. At the moment, it appears that what he did was totally unjustified.