• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MHA reaction after Kovan double murder

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those young SAF regulars earn $5k go and buy car. Like this got financial planning?
earn 5k
drive posh car
get a girlfriend
feed the girlfriend
clubbing & drinks
buy designer items
go holidays
sign many credit cards

see, got good financial planning. why no have leh? everyone has different plan.:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Property loan is secured against the property, so deemed safer.

Unsecured loans are the killer, as interest rates are much higher and is usually taken by over spenders. Once a person is addicted to unsecured loans, it will be downward spiral.

What kind of loan can OCBC be giving the tune of $60,000?? We have credit bureau rating, banks will check your CPF contribution & so forth!!. Renovation loan?, vehicles loan? sure it cannot be a personal credit line of $60,000? Even OD the bank want some form of collateral.

I want to borrow less than $5,000 from OCBC they deem me a credit risk..maybe I was not a civil servant..no? Maybe someone acted as guarantor? or bank, looking at status of civil servants, pay & pay increases & bonuses are like a 'free flowing tap'?? over extended their credit line to him.

Is there any others? only the investigators will dig up, like Harvey Norman, Best Denki..and COURTS!..we can only guess...:biggrin: he was riding a green scooter, but the picture was another motorcycle that does not look cheap...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
earn 5k
drive posh car
get a girlfriend
feed the girlfriend
clubbing & drinks
buy designer items
go holidays
sign many credit cards

see, got good financial planning. why no have leh? everyone has different plan.:biggrin:

Not rare...I have seen in my time, a dispatch boy ( we call them boy), from one the stock broking houses wearing a pair of Salamander shoes that makes delivery to my office, in which I salivate of from the display window..even fogging the glass..guess what people??

Last edited:

I_hv_adream

Alfrescian
Loyal
The life of a police officer (especially those holding lower ranks) is truly a tough one.

They are not allowed to become members of any Unions nor allowed to strike, etc...How then to make legitimate demands?

The unit that is supposed to take care of their needs (both emotional and welfare) is today concerned with making money.

Some frustrated cops take their own lives through self-inflicted injuries like gun-shot wounds. This has been in the news many a times.

Many police officers are a suffering lot, who are not well taken care of. They are the silent sufferers. Pathetic lot.......

When they do good no one remembers but when they make mistakes no one forgives and forget.

There was a time in the 80s when many cops were driven into suicide.

The then CP made matters worse by issuing Orders that even wreaths should not be sent to the families of the deceased cops.

Our police officers work long hours as the SPF wants to further trim costs. Normal patrolmen clock more then 12 hours per day.

Those that are worse off are the Investigation Officers who toil long hours and had to visit mortuaries the next day to identify mortal remains of people to the Coroner.

They then come back to office and continue to put up IPs for cases that they encounter during their past 24 hours shift the previous day.

IOs also have to encounter rude and demanding MPs, Ministers, DPPs and face fiery lawyers in Courts. Sometimes they are even chided by the Judicial Officers.

This sort of work takes a toll on their wedded lives and many of them end up as divorcees. Some goes into depression.

I do not support the action of the poor police officer who is now remanded for the double murders but feel that some form of recognition ought to be there when he was in service.

The CP (Ng Joo Hee) did the right thing by visiting the wake of the murdered duo.

But what about the parents, wife, kids especially of that cop? These are the silent sufferers now. What is their crime? Why are they treated as pariahs?

Something ought to be done for these poor innocent people too. They are humans after all.

In conclusion many past police officers paid for their lives in protecting the community.

Please treat such cases with sympathy and above all, the top management and Minister should emphatise with these people.

The media can also help by not making such cases sensational.

At the end of the day policemen are all humans just like corrupted politicians of the past.

wao who is the CP then in the 80s?

The current CP Ng Joo Hee is a good person hope he see your posting and help ex-cop family during this critical period.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let say you owe $62K to bank, and are obliged to pay minimum 3% per month, this works out to be about $1800. For a SSgt earning maybe $4k per month - gross I presume, the weight of this debt is going to hit him like a ton of bricks.

If you earn fucking peanuts , like a lower level silver serpent,

Live within your ( fucking ) means.

I'm becoming more like Boss Sam, dishing out advice to others.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
wao who is the CP then in the 80s?

The current CP Ng Joo Hee is a good person hope he see your posting and help ex-cop family during this critical period.

You expect white silver serpent to be a 'good person'?

Now where should I type my usual "LOL'?

In your ass? LOL

No_Collar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still remembered the word my OC said while serving my NS. "When you wore the police uniform, your life equal zero!"

I_hv_adream

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still remembered the word my OC said while serving my NS. "When you wore the police uniform, your life equal zero!"

Very sad!!! They all look so smart in their uniform but pocket empty and worst "life equal zero"!!! We shall give them tip as a token of appreciation when they come to you.

No_Collar

Alfrescian
Loyal
He means saving the life of others is more important than your own. Nobody gives a shit about you as long as you perform your duty when called upon for and this also mean to putting your life at risk or in danger at the expense of others... and that's why it's an ExtraOrdinary career.. "Extra work Ordinary pay". That's what my OC used to say.. :biggrin:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
not disputing your pov, and it is coorect to cover the existing situations for declarations.

but secured loans are safer from the view point of the lender, not the borrower. if the basic public housing/one and only roof over the head for most ppl go start off, attracts a huge long term long, the pressure is there for the borrower.

any borrower will want to discharge their loan asap, that's where the problems arises....

Property loan is secured against the property, so deemed safer.

Unsecured loans are the killer, as interest rates are much higher and is usually taken by over spenders. Once a person is addicted to unsecured loans, it will be downward spiral.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think SAF pay much more better than other unit form groups. Got to know someone who is a Station Inspector (one rank higher then SSgt) married (wife not working) with two kids leave likes a beggar.

SAF can save money la. Free board and meals. No need spend on transport. In camp 24/7

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
He meant that as policeman, your duty is to protect citizens, and you are expected to risk your life to save and protect citizens.

Nothing to do with money lah, you twit.

jw5

Loyal
When they do good no one remembers but when they make mistakes no one forgives and forget.

I do not support the action of the poor police officer who is now remanded for the double murders but feel that some form of recognition ought to be there when he was in service.

But what about the parents, wife, kids especially of that cop? These are the silent sufferers now. What is their crime? Why are they treated as pariahs?

Something ought to be done for these poor innocent people too. They are humans after all.

This must be one of the most idiotic posts of all time.

"When they make mistakes no one forgives and forgets?"
:rolleyes: Is it ok if these mistakes do not involve killing 2 people?

"Some form of recognition for the "poor" killer policeman for his past services"?
How about a promotion or a pay raise? :rolleyes:

And wow, compassion for the wife/parents/kids of the killer cop.
I was thinking that they should be named and their pictures published in the press and they would need to beg for forgiveness from the family members of the dead victims killed by their husband/son/father.

The idea that people get wiser as they get older is really a fallacy. Not in sinkieland it's not. Good memory perhaps but not wiser. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Let say you owe $62K to bank, and are obliged to pay minimum 3% per month, this works out to be about $1800. For a SSgt earning maybe $4k per month - gross I presume, the weight of this debt is going to hit him like a ton of bricks.

I do not know his background, but I think it may be sufficient.

$4k Gross
CPF - 800
Net Salary $3.2k

Less off 1,800, he still has $1,400 for his family. This is on the assumption that he is managing the entire loan. In certain situation, both Husband and Wife will handle the loan even though the loan is under the husband's name. For example, renovation loan could be services by both parties, and wife could also be working.