• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MHA Power Struggle, Conspiracy and Collateral Damage

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just 'hi' and 'bye'. No horse racing tips. When EW Barker was around, Samad Alapitchay would try to get tips direct from Barker. He would then relay the info to me. Knna, animal eat grass. Even Law minister kena conned by trainers and owners.

Uncle GD, Samad Alapitchay former Spore skipper your personal friend? Heard from some Malay friends that he used to be a manager at a Malay Dangdut club back then in the 90s?

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like through this thread, it slowly reveals a number of Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragons. Quite good stuff can be read here though... :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a call couple of years ago from an International organisation asking about his background. Prior to that no clue. He had been offered as a keynote speaker for an international conference to be hosted then in Singapore. They appeared disappointed as this was second conference that he been forwarded as speaker and guest of honour. They were wondering if he was some sort of official spokemen. I checked and found out that he was not well regarded. A local grad that rose because the good ones left early and there was little choice left.

I opine the current CP had a hand in ushering NSS to become DCNB with some support from BL. Previous CP made it
known to a small circle that NSS CMI and that's supported by the fact that he held many DD posts - PID, CNB and CID. Never a Dir when KBH was CP. NSS was also Comdr but at Airport Police Div where high fliers are exempted from that posting. Looks like you know this chap.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He bought 2 units.

Yes, charismatic and ladykiller. Twice resigned, twice persuaded to reconsider and yet placed on acting status for record 7 years.

I think he's still residing there. 100% there in the 90s. Red-bricked 99 year leasehold property.

Used to meet him at the Turf Club. Still a lau hero.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got a call couple of years ago from an International organisation asking about his background. Prior to that no clue. He had been offered as a keynote speaker for an international conference to be hosted then in Singapore. They appeared disappointed as this was second conference that he been forwarded as speaker and guest of honour. They were wondering if he was some sort of official spokemen. I checked and found out that he was not well regarded. A local grad that rose because the good ones left early and there was little choice left.

Is NJH, the current CP, a local grad?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uncle GD, Samad Alapitchay former Spore skipper your personal friend? Heard from some Malay friends that he used to be a manager at a Malay Dangdut club back then in the 90s?

Got to know him after he hung up his boots. If knew him earlier, would have made some $$$ during Malaysia Cup days. Should hear what he said. It was ................. all the way! Nice chap. Son was almost killed at Boat Quay in 2000 or 2001. Last met him at funeral of health spa boss Shareef. They are related. He called me to wish me Xong Xi Fa Cai weeks ago.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Stats degree in NUS. Thereafter MA from Reading.

He left ISD in 1999 or thereabouts for SIR (ICA). Where was he when offered as a keynote speaker? Can't be ISD.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is NJH, the current CP, a local grad?

Nope. Oxford or Cambridge in Engineering and thereafter I think was MPA or MBA don't-know-where. Quite ordinary. Was told ET was offered DCP post but declined. I can undertsand why. No way ET would want to work for someone less capable than himself.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope. Oxford or Cambridge in Engineering and thereafter I think was MPA or MBA don't-know-where. Quite ordinary. Was told ET was offered DCP post but declined. I can undertsand why. No way ET would want to work for someone less capable than himself.

I believe he was a SPF Overseas Scholar, graduated from Oxford (engineering and economics), then MBA from NTU in Singapore, and MPA from Harvard.

He is relatively young, and may be a CP for a long time, but may not be as long as KBH.

By the way, is ET a SPF Overseas Scholar? More senior than NJH?

What was the highest rank for LWH and Leo Yip, before they moved on, away from the SPF?

In terms of seniority (as in when they started with the SPF, and when they received the SPFOS), please rank the following: GLK, LY, LWH, SWW, NJH, HSK, HCH (and what was their last rank)?

Last edited:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Teok liao. Uncle Goh very charming. Full of charisma too. No other CP can come close. Maybe a few combined together also cannot smell his armpit.

My impression of GYH was that he was one hell of a "eat-snake-king."

When he was C of P, everyday around 2.30 pm he would show up at the Bukit Golf Course of SICC to play his 18 holes of golf.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He must have very capable and reliable senior officers taking care of business for him, otherwise, how to find time to play golf at 1430 hours. But playing golf at that time in hot and humid SG may not be as desirable.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
ET NUS accountancy honors grad local merit scholarship.

GLK
HCH/HSK
LY/SWW
LWH

I believe he was a SPF Overseas Scholar, graduated from Oxford (engineering and economics), then MBA from NTU in Singapore, and MPA from Harvard.

He is relatively young, and may be a CP for a long time, but may not be as long as KBH.

What was the highest rank for LWH and Leo Yip, before they moved on, away from the SPF?

In terms of seniority (as in when they started with the SPF, and when they received the SPFOS), please rank the following: GLK, LY, LWH, SWW, NJH, HSK, HCH (and what was their last rank)?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When he was C of P, everyday around 2.30 pm he would show up at the Bukit Golf Course of SICC to play his 18 holes of golf.

and perhaps the 19th hole if he has any groinal energy and urge left. :p

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you brother [scroobal].

ET - local merit scholarship, accountancy honours, NUS
KBH - SAFOS, transferred to SPF in or around 1977
CCK - same as KBH
NJH - SPFOS, Oxford (engineering and econs), NTU (MBA), Harvard (MPA)
GLK -
HSK -
HCH -
LY -
SWW - SPFOS,

JPMorgan888

Alfrescian
Loyal
This has been one of the most exciting thread in sbf for a long time. Thank you to all bros for contributing. Seeing how this has become competing revelations of the police force, I would assume the claims of power struggle and conspiracy by TS are exaggerated? Reading the info divulged by TS, he seems to be from the IT industry himself. The names in the IT industry he threw out are even more obscure than the policemen.

Lots of info about the old birds, but any info on the newer chaps? NJH lost his investigations papers and his wife is a head hunter, anymore? I heard several years ago, a Supt or DAC left because of his sexual orientation, unconfirmed and never got a name though.

Btw, it's common for some to play golf during office hours. At that level, it's who u know rather than what u know.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I doubt if NJH will be CP till 55 yrs old. My guess is 5 years as CP and they will move him out. Many options available - High Commissioer/Ambassador, CEO, Sr DS etc.

ET non-scholar though he considers his ISD scholarship on par with OMS! Yes, more senior than NJH.

LWH was SCA when he left. LY was minimum AC. Could be SAC. Not sure. But he left in his mid-30s.

GLK was President Scholar.

It should be HSK(SAC), HCH(DAC), LY(SAC), SWW/SKH(SACs), NJH in that order. Maybe slightly off but should be close.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He must have very capable and reliable senior officers taking care of business for him, otherwise, how to find time to play golf at 1430 hours. But playing golf at that time in hot and humid SG may not be as desirable.

Some of us who were familiar with him used to tease him that he was working part-time. 9am to 12pm and then off to lunch and thereafter 18 hole golf until 6.30pm.

He would come in his official car (SCP 1) driven by his constable driver.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hahahaa.... There are many eat-snake-kings in the SPF. There are some who camped in office masturbating but gave the impression working late. There was one SAC who would purposely wake up at 3-4am to check email and more importantly, email KBH! His explanation was, if KBH could email him at 3am, he had to do the same. What a fucker.