• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Merchants associations are not even part of grassroots

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The PAP is a political party, just like all the other political parties.

The PA should serve the citizens, not serve the PAP.

The PA serves the ruling party. It is not just Singapore. It also happens in Europe, when the civil service and police openly support liberal parties and gags the media from presenting any facts that might support the far-right opposition. PA is just doing what European civil service is doing, supporting the entrenched political party or parties and ensuring new kids on the block don't come into power.

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro Faker, your suggestion/idea would be good, except for the fact that the PA’s Chairman is the Prime Minister. It is not politically neutral. Only PAP MPs can be appointed as PA Grassroots Advisers, opposition MPs cannot.

Something is very wrong here! The elected MP who has the mandate of the people should rightfully be the adviser. The one rejected by the people should stand aside. This proved that PA is nothing but a machinery of the PAP, it just happens to be the ruling party which gives John's counter arguments.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Something is very wrong here! The elected MP who has the mandate of the people should rightfully be the adviser. The one rejected by the people should stand aside. This proved that PA is nothing but a machinery of the PAP, it happens to be the ruling party.

The PA answers to the government, not to an opposition MP who disagrees with the national direction of the ruling party. The opposition MP may in fact try to sabotage the government's national policy or dishonestly claim credit for policies that he neither crafted nor paid. Hence, the grassroots advisor should be someone from the ruling party.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They took WP/Sylvia too court when WP request was denied and they carried on.

The "best of attention" model coming from elected and the rejected candidates both looking after the ward does not work as seen in Anson after JBJ victory. It has never worked as the PAP undermines and outshines the opposition elected MP at every chance.

If they could approve for Mr Murali to conduct activities like hair cuts and assistance with job searching, they better give a good excuse for NOT approving the SDP to conduct health screening for the Bukit Batok residents.

Actually hor, if I am a Bukit Batok resident, there is no need to think so hard lah, just bravely vote for the SDP! :smile:

If the SDP wins, for the next four or five years, these BB residents will be the envy of Singapore! They will receive the best of attention from both the SDP and the PAP!

Dr Chee and the entire SDP team will work their hardest in Bukit Batok to prove themselves and to gain the residents' trust and approval.

The PAP will also work to try to win them back.

Because this is a by-election, it is a no-brainer SURE WIN situation for the BB residents if the SDP wins.

BB residents will gain nothing by voting for the PAP in this by-election, because the PAP will continue to take their votes for granted.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i agree with PAP,when u have the economic might,the media influences,the backing of powerful merchant associations,the finances,u can do whatever u want.....why the fuck dont opposition go do something meaningful like learn how to make a buck or two and help the poor instead of uselessly flapping their jaws all they long,fapping behind their keyboards while mad dog chee pig out at bbqs??

i reccomend PAP play this song at the carnival for all the butthurt oppies that can only look on in envy and jealousy at the goodwill and love being showered upon bukit batok residents.

[video=youtube;2Gn9A-kdsRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gn9A-kdsRo[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem is with the system, not PAP. PAP is just using the system left behind by the British. It was not devised by the PAP. The election rules make it clear that the political party that secures the majority of the parliamentary seats, ie. 50.001%, will form 100% of the government and control 100% of all government agencies, while the opposition, even if they make up 49.99% of Parliament, will be left with zilch to run save for the local town councils.

The PA is a stat board that serves only the government of the day. Since PAP is 100% of the government, it is no surprise that PA will therefore serve PAP. PA can also turn against PAP like a fiend if WP or SDP gains power and forms 100% of the government.

actually alot of organisations were independent back then such as NTUC and the hokkien huay guan which im not wrong was established more than a hundred years ago by tan kah kee and the chinese community.these organisations played a huge role in the education,welfare,employment and social security of the chinese community before they were corrupted or nullified by the PAPEES.now the hokkien huay guan exist only in namesake only,a shadow of its former glory,symbol of the overseas chinese pride and economic might.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP is everywhere. Of course it goes without saying that there must be some PAP in PA too! I am not surprised that many non partisan members of PA are touched by mr Murali's sincerity and decided to help him win the election. For you, with you, for Singapore! <3

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is everywhere. Of course it goes without saying that there must be some PAP in PA too! I am not surprised that many non partisan members of PA are touched by mr Murali's sincerity and decided to help him win the election. For you, with you, for Singapore! <3

correct. even across the big pond i represent pap ideals and am encouraging americans to form and support the pap type of gov. :wink:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
correct. even across the big pond i represent pap ideals and am encouraging americans to form and support the pap type of gov. :wink:

Aiyo, you are one of the few SBF brothers here whose posts I enjoy reading. :smile:

But I am disappointed today that you think it is ok to put these two words "PAP" and "IDEALS" together. This is an oxymoron leh!

PAP has NO ideals whatsoever!

PAP, as exemplified by our famous #1 SBF PAP IB PLP mercenary JohnTan, has no ideals at all! He is cunning, materialistic and souless!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyo, you are one of the few SBF brothers here whose posts I enjoy reading. :smile:

But I am disappointed today that you think it is ok to put these two words "PAP" and "IDEALS" together. This is an oxymoron leh!

PAP has NO ideals whatsoever!

PAP, as exemplified by our famous #1 SBF PAP IB PLP mercenary JohnTan, has no ideals at all! He is cunning, materialistic and souless!

papigs always play smelly one lah so no need to be hard up on what the PA are doing. in fact, ignore them completely. PA are just lackeys of papigs.

take it from me, who lived in hougang since 1983. Most hougangites dont give a fuck about PA/RC crasslooters. as far as we are concern, they belong to the other side. SDP should develop it own grassroots teams like the WP. In fact, SDP can even do it better than WP as WP seriously lack volunteers and lack of organisation skills. as much as i hate to admit, WP grassroots still no way to match PA/RC bastards but at least they are trying.

As for ppl predicting aljunied will fall back to pap in the next GE, the reports of WP death have been greatly exaggerated. As long WP didnt fall in GE2015, residents in Aljunied will start to appreciated WP more and get used to WP not as efficient as pap in town council matters. Hougangites didnt support WP all the way, in fact WP popular vote fell in the end of the first term. It just a matter of getting use to living with less facilities when living in opposition led area.

SDP should just stick to gaining the popular votes, no need to kpkb about papigs roadblocks. Most voters dont care papigs dirty tricks, they only concern about their own bread and butter issues only. Democracy is a foreign word to most of them.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
papigs always play smelly one lah so no need to be hard up on what the PA are doing. in fact, ignore them completely. PA are just lackeys of papigs.

take it from me, who lived in hougang since 1983. Most hougangites dont give a fuck about PA/RC crasslooters. as far as we are concern, they belong to the other side. SDP should develop it own grassroots teams like the WP. In fact, SDP can even do it better than WP as WP seriously lack volunteers and lack of organisation skills. as much as i hate to admit, WP grassroots still no way to match PA/RC bastards but at least they are trying.

As for ppl predicting aljunied will fall back to pap in the next GE, the reports of WP death have been greatly exaggerated. As long WP didnt fall in GE2015, residents in Aljunied will start to appreciated WP more and get used to WP not as efficient as pap in town council matters. Hougangites didnt support WP all the way, in fact WP popular vote fell in the end of the first term. It just a matter of getting use to living with less facilities when living in opposition led area.

SDP should just stick to gaining the popular votes, no need to kpkb about papigs roadblocks. Most voters dont care papigs dirty tricks, they only concern about their own bread and butter issues only. Democracy is a foreign word to most of them.

Hi bro, thank you for posting your good advice. :smile:

I hope that the BB residents will give Dr Chee and the SDP team a chance. I personally think that a win for the SDP in this BB by-election will herald a new beginning not just for the SDP, but also for all the other opposition parties in Singapore. Looking forward, I predict there will be more co-operation among all the opposition parties for the next GE. Hopefully, all this will ultimately benefit the Singaporeans.