• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Men's shoes : Dr Martens vs Timberland

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good job my fellow Chinese dog we chinks shouldn't be wearing ang moh shoes. We should be wearing chink shoes e you wearing them like me?

U r the chinesedog in disguise,why do u look down on chinese shoes and their promotion?with these shoes pretty soon u will be kung fu fighting like kung fu panda.these shoes allows u to sweep ur legs and weave ur hands with the least resistamce from the earth and land like ip man with the art of wing chun.

ChineseDog

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r the chinesedog in disguise,why do u look down on chinese shoes and their promotion?with these shoes pretty soon u will be kung fu fighting like kung fu panda.these shoes allows u to sweep ur legs and weave ur hands with the least resistamce from the earth and land like ip man with the art of wing chun.

My fellow Chinese dog we chinks make the most inferior shoes and we chinks cannot fight and kungfu movies are fake. You trying to betray the Chinese dog club?:oIo:

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I finally settled for 2 pairs of Bata - Weinbrenner. Only $39 per pair ... sibei shiok ah !

Putin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another brand that is common in BKK malls - CAT or Caterpillar

No boat-shaped shoes for me, please.

s-l1000.jpg

ECCO shoes from Denmark are very comfortable and affordable. They make some designs which have leather uppers and rubber soles.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, I finally settled for 2 pairs of Bata - Weinbrenner. Only $39 per pair ... sibei shiok ah !
gud choice! ...

u c ur 2 $100 notes stil save inside ur wallet, which otherwise haf oredi parted u ... lagi shiok! ...

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
ECCO shoes from Denmark are very comfortable and affordable. They make some designs which have leather uppers and rubber soles.

Oh...ECCO is from Denmark ? I thought it was a Thai local brand. I saw it at Central Festival and the prices were not cheap.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
gud choice! ...

u c ur 2 $100 notes stil save inside ur wallet, which otherwise haf oredi parted u ... lagi shiok! ...

Very shiok indeed !

I wouldn't have been able to tell any difference if the shoes had a Timberland logo on it.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Oh...ECCO is from Denmark ? I thought it was a Thai local brand. I saw it at Central Festival and the prices were not cheap.

Ask any Thai Bata is from where they'd say it's Thai brand :biggrin:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ecco is very comfortable, true, but overpriced in Singapore. So is Geox (Italy). Good for travelling. These are mid-end brands in Europe but are priced as premium brands here. A pair of Birkenstock sandals go for $40 in Germany, but more than 3x that here.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even though I had completed my reservist many years ago, my casual shoes still consists of my old SAF track shoes and Gore-Tex boots that I got during ICTs, they are quite lasting.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are still looking for comfortable walking shoes you can take a look at New Balance. However you have to take a look at Amazon because the stores in Spore have a very limited range when it comes to NB shoes. I think they are more comfortable than Timberland & Sperry. I've got both Timberland & Sperry shoes. They are lasting but heavy. I prefer the NB walking shoes.

Rockport used to make great leather shoes in the past but since it was US made, it was expensive. Haven't tried them for 15 years since they started making cheap models made in China. Things may have improved because I see from Amazon that their shoes get a decent user rating .

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was hoping that sports brand like Nike or Adidas would come out with designs like Dr Martens and Timberland - casual but not sporty.

Scholl is a reliable brand. Used to own a pair of Scholl sandals, but the leather shoes are too old-school looking.

I'm looking for simple design, not the boat-shaped type:

shoe-smoothblack-2.gif
DM%201461%20Black%20Vintage.jpg

Got myself a pair of timberland shoes very similar to the one in the pic recently during their 50% sale in raffles city. Not too bad pretty comfortable.
It's my first pair of Timberland........pathetic isn't it.

Last edited: