• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meet our former SAF Army Chief - the quality, the talent, the mannerism, conduct etc

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Meet our former SAF Army Chief - the quality, the talent, the mannerism, conduct

I'll name proper officers who bothered to work on Singapore's defence:

James Aeria--first Navy head. Not like LTY or andy of those scholar-RADMs.

Ee Tean Chye--First Air Force head. Worked to train pilots.

TJD Campbell--first Chief of Defence. Suffered during the Japanese Occupation, Death Railway but still bothered to stay on in Singapore.

Kirpa Ram Vij--first SAFTI head, successor to Campbell. Took on a role when no Chinese wanted to lead defence.

Mancharan Singh Gill--first proper head of the Army. Got demoted over the scholar generals.

Actually, I know one of these names personally. I have to say I have the utmost respect for him, even though he is not a degree holder, etc. He is 10 times the commander of any of these so called scholars generals. The others, I don't know at all.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Meet our former SAF Army Chief - the quality, the talent, the mannerism, conduct

Actually, I know one of these names personally. I have to say I have the utmost respect for him, even though he is not a degree holder, etc. He is 10 times the commander of any of these so called scholars generals. The others, I don't know at all.

which one.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

And what education level are you? Where were you when Singapore's army was being built up? Who bothered to defend you. You insult Winston on a thread on CCS. What has Winston done to you? Who the heck do you think you are?

Who build up singapore's army? U are saying Winston Choo. hahahah. Winston Choo could not have build up a lego set from scratch if he wanted to. Have u head of the Mexicans. U want to give someone credit, u better give it to them.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

which one.

If I say which one, I will be found out by people who want to find me out. So I will not say which one, but he is someone I would have gone to hell and back for. A man that I respect more than my own father.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who build up singapore's army? U are saying Winston Choo. hahahah. Winston Choo could not have build up a lego set from scratch if he wanted to. Have u head of the Mexicans. U want to give someone credit, u better give it to them.

Shalom:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8iYA03_tGZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have you heard of TJD Campbell? He could have returned to the UK. Instead he bothere to stay on and help.

What the heck do you guys have against Winston when CCS is the one to be flamed? This is so off topic.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNdJZCp8SQE

You got to see to believe it. Watch the whole video. This is a major general, former army chief that was educated in Cambridge and MIT. He retired at the ripe old age of 42 to contest the elections. Watch how he cut into the reporter's Q&A to avoid such state secrets on who paid for the packet meals etc from being revealed.

Not too long ago, he would fall quite comfortably into a profile of an Ah Beng.

Do a straight comparison with Nicole, Pritam, VW, Low, Chiam etc. Am I the only one that thinks that this chap would have been a dead ringer for my friendly mee pok man at the hawker centre.

In 1988/89, CPF withdrawals for Singaporeans migrating start to go past withdrawals from those reaching retirement age. Emigration has been going on non stop and it is not getting any better. Are we left with bottom of the barrel quality whose personality is just ahead of a well turned out cabbage.

Bum up to stop the off topic people.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I say which one, I will be found out by people who want to find me out. So I will not say which one, but he is someone I would have gone to hell and back for. A man that I respect more than my own father.

Lucky you. All my life I had been looking for such a guy to which I can bestow such esteem and accolades. Throughout my NS period, I was looking anxiously for war to come so that I can kill some SAF officers.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are u kidding? He never cleaned up his act, he is still a dirty old man cheekopek. He got many ways to pick up charbos, the SAF MDC was his favourite. If he spend as much time attending the rehearsals of the MDC as he did in the field during exercises, we will have the bestest army in the world. LOL. But u are right, his PAs are damn jude. U better not go and ask any of the PAs out on a date, or u will kenna something. What a greedy bastard that guy is. Fuck care about his son, are u gay? Better to ask what happened to the daughter. I hear she was a good fuck, but I never got a chance at her. Hehehehe. Also, I wonder if he still has his boat.

My friend was with him on overseas posting - MFA. WC enjoyed life to the fullest in Aussieland. In S'pore, was told he moves around with Dennis FOOL.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok then stop insulting Winston Choo. Re-target CCS. This thread was about him not Choo.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Lucky you. All my life I had been looking for such a guy to which I can bestow such esteem and accolades. Throughout my NS period, I was looking anxiously for war to come so that I can kill some SAF officers.

I know him outside of NS, but more in a personal context. Yes, in war times, all SAF Scholar generals must be identified and than eliminated. I am thinking along the lines of the German Mansion in France the Nazis use to entertain their General staff in the Movie "Dirty DOzen". Maybe the Istana can be such a place. LOL

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

My friend was with him on overseas posting - MFA. WC enjoyed life to the fullest in Aussieland. In S'pore, was told he moves around with Dennis FOOL.

Correct, he has always enjoyed life. He never let too much work pressure get in his way of fun. LOL. I remember he used to have a boat that he sailed around, don't know if he still has it. The boat was the scene of many parties. ehehhehe

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Correct, he has always enjoyed life. He never let too much work pressure get in his way of fun. LOL. I remember he used to have a boat that he sailed around, don't know if he still has it. The boat was the scene of many parties. ehehhehe

I said stop it. Insult Chan not Choo.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

You got to see to believe it. Watch the whole video. This is a major general, former army chief that was educated in Cambridge and MIT. He retired at the ripe old age of 42 to contest the elections. Watch how he cut into the reporter's Q&A to avoid such state secrets on who paid for the packet meals etc from being revealed.

Do a straight comparison with Nicole, Pritam, VW, Low, Chiam etc. Am I the only one that thinks that this chap would have been a dead ringer for my friendly mee pok man at the hawker centre.

In 1988/89, CPF withdrawals for Singaporeans migrating start to go past withdrawals from those reaching retirement age. Emigration has been going on non stop and it is not getting any better. Are we left with bottom of the barrel quality whose personality is just ahead of a well turned out cabbage.

CCS if he becomes Defence Minister I pity the whole of the SAF.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Have you heard of TJD Campbell? He could have returned to the UK. Instead he bothere to stay on and help.

What the heck do you guys have against Winston when CCS is the one to be flamed? This is so off topic.

WTF are u talking about? Why would Campbell return to the UK? He was a singaporean, married to a gragok lady, I believe. This guy was a school principal at St Stephen's. He has no interest in the professional army. His only military experience was when he joined the SVC just before the war, along with many thousands others, and got captured by the Japs during WW2. After the war, he stayed on in the SVC for a few years, and than went back to being a principal. He was arrowed by the Govt. and taken out of the school and transferred to MINDEF due to the fact he was one of the few people in the civil service that had some military training. They were desperate at that time, because singapore got kicked out of the Federation, and they needed every single officer that was luke warm. Even Old Goat knew the limitations of men like Campbell (without full time formal professional military training and combat experience) and put out a call for help to the Indians first, and than the Mexicans. It was the Mexicans that responded and they are the ones that started and form the nucleus of a professional army. Not people like Campbell. In fact, once Campbell was not needed anymore, he was send back to be a school principal.

U should know too that Campbell was so loyal and dedicated to the army that he started (according to you), that he abandoned the army and the country and EMIGRATED TO AUSTRALIA, where he died. LOL. SO much for your noble ideas on these guys.

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal

You have got to be kidding me. I've just said that the majority of scholars do not get the scholarship before they get the university place. The university application process for all US universities and for most UK universities ends, or in the case of the UK's rolling admissions are coming to an end, way before most scholarship interviews are scheduled to take place. There is no way for them to use their scholarships to secure a place in top universities. You may like to indulge in your own paranoid conspiracy theories but this is a fact well known to any top JC student.

All top schools are just as interested in developing influencial alumnis. So if you are Hun Sen's son you go to West Point, if you are the daughter of the future Chinese President (to replace Hu Jintao) you get to go to Harvard (she is using assumed name for Privacy. If you are Sultan's son you can go to OxBridge.

After all who doesn't want the ability to pick up phone and call the daughter of Chinese President.

Even US athletes get easy entry into these famous schools.

So do not be naive. If you can get LKY or Bush or Thai King or Malaysia Sultan to give you a strong recommendation letter you are pretty much a shoe in for a place in these top uni.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

WTF are u talking about? Why would Campbell return to the UK? He was a singaporean, married to a gragok lady, I believe. This guy was a school principal at St Stephen's. He has no interest in the professional army. His only military experience was when he joined the SVC just before the war, along with many thousands others, and got captured by the Japs during WW2. After the war, he stayed on in the SVC for a few years, and than went back to being a principal. He was arrowed by the Govt. and taken out of the school and transferred to MINDEF due to the fact he was one of the few people in the civil service that had some military training. They were desperate at that time, because singapore got kicked out of the Federation, and they needed every single officer that was luke warm. Even Old Goat knew the limitations of men like Campbell (without full time formal professional military training and combat experience) and put out a call for help to the Indians first, and than the Mexicans. It was the Mexicans that responded and they are the ones that started and form the nucleus of a professional army. Not people like Campbell. In fact, once Campbell was not needed anymore, he was send back to be a school principal.

U should know too that Campbell was so loyal and dedicated to the army that he started (according to you), that he abandoned the army and the country and EMIGRATED TO AUSTRALIA, where he died. LOL. SO much for your noble ideas on these guys.

He didnt abandon the army he was forced to moved away they wanted the RI guy Kirpa to take over.

And where the heck are you from? You can't be in Singapore at this hour.

Why aren't you insulting CCS or are to Chun Sing best friend? Huh? Kiss his ass at Cambridge?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aunty's food must be paced with drug to make her vote for the party.

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal

No, you are the delirious green-eyed outsider here. From the way you write and your absurd obsession with lies, you probably have never seen the inside of a PSC interview room. Me and many of my friends have done so. Most scholars do not get their scholarships before applying to university. Top US colleges have application deadlines before Jan 1, while the PSC selection process, consisting of psychometric interviews and board interview, doesn't even begin until January. There is no way for someone applying to US colleges to state on the application that he or she have been offered a PSC scholarship. This is not even a matter of debate, but a fact of the application processes and deadlines that anyone in the world can look up. Any top JC student applying to university knows this. The fact that you subscribe to these delusions show how disconnected you are from the cream of the crop.

There are some who indeed secure places after the interview. Li Hongyi falls into that category and maybe your made-up "friend" does. However most scholars get admitted way before they get scholarship offers. This is hilarious. You obviously know nobody in the exclusive club of scholars and scholarship applicants, but that is no license for making things up to serve your personal vendetta against the government.

U have obviously never been to a uni before. Every university in the world has some relaxation of their admission standards for students of exceptional skills or background. Yes, even NUS. If you look at the Stanford University american football team, u will see about 35 players who are blacks. If you telling me they can get into Stanford solely based on their top 1% of all students academic background and not on their ability to pass, run or catch the football, than u are dummer than I thought u are. However, u should know that PSC scholars fall into 2 categories. category A is the elite category, where u are connected or fastracked and the govt. will make sure the elite uni that u want to go to take u. People that fall into this category are Gay LOong, Hongyi, various assorted SAF Generals. Than there is cat B, which are the run of the mill heartlanders who want to go overseas to study. They usually have to qualify for a university themsleves.

But we are talking about CAt A SAF generals who have been admitted to elite universities. If they were not sponsored by the singapore govt., there is no way they could have got in. U don't believe, u just look at Li Hongyi. This kid is a spoilt unmotivated disaster. His academics are nothing to brag about, and in fact, his chinese is so bad even his grandfather Lee Kuan Yew commented on it. Not to mention the shit he pulled during his NS, and in OCS. U telling me this clown, on his own, could have entered MIT for engineering if his father was not the PM? Any other cadet would have gotten courtmartialled, and goodbye to a uni education. And yet, he miraculously got a PSC scholarship, somehow found time during his busy OCS schedule to study for the SAT, and than got such a high score, and pass his MIT interview by impressing everyone on the panel, and did all this to qualify for MIT? I don't think so.

Also, u should know u do not have to secure a place in university before the scholarship interview. My friend was a PSC scholar. He never did that.

""1U don't believe, u just look at Li Hongyi. This kid is a spoilt unmotivated disaster. His academics are nothing to brag about, and in fact, his chinese is so bad even his grandfather Lee Kuan Yew commented on it."

LOL. Many of the smartest kids today can't string a sentence of Chinese together. They go to international science competitions and bag medals, bag distinction after distinction at the A levels and yet can't speak Mandarin well. You may be able to fool others with that one comment on Li Hongyi's Chinese but you can't fool me. Li Hongyi scored 4As and 2 s-paper distinctions, and an A1 for GP. He represented Singapore in the international physics olympiad and is well known among his schoolmates as brilliant. You can cast unsubstantiated aspersions on his character but the fact that he is smart and doing extremely well at MIT is something that you can't change, as envious as you are of his brilliance.

And oh, there's no such thing as an MIT interview "panel". Note to all liars: be careful not to get caught out by details.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

No, you are the delirious green-eyed outsider here. From the way you write and your absurd obsession with lies, you probably have never seen the inside of a PSC interview room. Me and many of my friends have done so. Most scholars do not get their scholarships before applying to university. Top US colleges have application deadlines before Jan 1, while the PSC selection process, consisting of psychometric interviews and board interview, doesn't even begin until January. There is no way for someone applying to US colleges to state on the application that he or she have been offered a PSC scholarship. This is not even a matter of debate, but a fact of the application processes and deadlines that anyone in the world can look up. Any top JC student applying to university knows this. The fact that you subscribe to these delusions show how disconnected you are from the cream of the crop.

There are some who indeed secure places after the interview. Li Hongyi falls into that category and maybe your made-up "friend" does. However most scholars get admitted way before they get scholarship offers. This is hilarious. You obviously know nobody in the exclusive club of scholars and scholarship applicants, but that is no license for making things up to serve your personal vendetta against the government.

How about UK like CCS and LTY?