• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Medini (Nusajaya) Community

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes indeed, lets wait and see what is the outcome.
With a few more Medini projects gearing up for launch/soft launch etc., one would know they know something we don't know.

3 big projects coming very soon..
1) 18@Medini
2) Medini Lakeside
3) WCT Mall

Medini Walk.. no news yet
Medini Square.. no news yet

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) 18@Medini
2) Medini Lakeside
3) WCT Mall

Other than the above, there is one by Link (THM) that's supposed to launch next year. It is beside Pinewood Studio.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't quite understand your point??

Johor says min sum is now 1 mil for foreigner
no mention of gains tax exemption for medini or min sum exemption..... looks like all early buyers got stabbed.....
at least managed to buy below 500k last time

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, would be interesting to see how developers price these new launches (>$1000psf) and the crowd response....Cheers!!!

1) 18@Medini
2) Medini Lakeside
3) WCT Mall

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini Iskandar Malaysia, on the other hand, is expected to go ahead with a US$800mil (RM2.55bil) debut in the first half of next year. It is understood that Maybank IB, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America Merrill Lynch have been tasked to manage the listing.

Due to Medini’s status as a special economic zone – which exempts it from limits on foreign ownership, bumiputera quotas and price floors – the 902ha area will not be subject to Budget 2014’s various restrictions, say insiders.

Nonetheless, Medini Iskandar Malaysia is waiting for black and white from the Finance Ministry to confirm this, a source says.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak had unveiled last month a set of cooling measures to ease soaring property prices.

Foreign buyers will be levied a 30% real property gains tax (RPGT) for assets sold within five years of purchase and a minimum price of RM1mil from RM500,000 previously – policies analysts say will hit speculators where it hurts.

There does, however, appear to be some uncertainty on the matter, other sources tell StarBizWeek.

They believe the curbs on Medini, if any, could be selective, for example imposing the RPGT but not the price floor.

With a potential value of RM68bil to be realised over 20 years, the Medini township, overseen by Medini Iskandar Malaysia, is touted as the single largest urban development inside southern Johor’s 222,000ha Iskandar Malaysia, an area three times the size of neighbouring Singapore.

Key projects there include EduCity, Legoland and Pinewood Studios, along with a host of commercial and residential developments being built by the likes of Sunway Bhd, Eastern & Oriental Bhd, WCT Holdings Bhd and Mah Sing Group Bhd.

Medini Iskandar Malaysia is majority-owned by Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB) and counts Dubai’s United World Infrastructure and Japan’s Mitsui & Co as shareholders.

IIB is in turn 60%-held by Khazanah Nasional Bhd, with the remaining 40% split equally between the Employees Provident Fund and state-linked Kumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor Bhd (KPRJ).

Should both Medini Iskandar Malaysia and IWH make it to Bursa Malaysia, they would be among only a handful of listed master developers such as the Philippines’ Ayala Corp and Japan’s Mitsubishi Estate Co Ltd.

Although this business model is largely untested in Malaysia, master developers enjoy stable and recurring income from their joint-ventures with the actual developers, who pay them a fixed percentage of the gross development value of a project, or in one-off land sales.

Property analysts expect to see a knee-jerk reaction on sales following Budget 2014, especially in Iskandar Malaysia where foreigners constitute a major portion of buyers.

According to data from CBRE, foreigners consist of 54% of all high rise residential sales in Nusajaya and 39% in Johor Bahru and other big suburbs. Some 80% of foreign buyers of homes in Iskandar Malaysia are Singaporeans, who also make up one-third of all buyers including Malaysians.

potato

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, any 1 medini buyers out there? I bought my unit 1 year ago but has not gotten state consent for the unit. Reason given was that the unit is under 2 names.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, any 1 medini buyers out there? I bought my unit 1 year ago but has not gotten state consent for the unit. Reason given was that the unit is under 2 names.

I also haven't received my state consent, although my SPA was signed more recently in Jul 13.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. My spouse and I requested to submit some particulars for the state consent in late June 2013 and we received the consent in Oct. But it is not medini project.

SuteraUtama

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone forummer know that there is sales gallery in singapore for paradiso nuova?

Or singapore agent contact number that know Paradiso?
Thks

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy?

image.jpg