• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Medini (Nusajaya) Community

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
True but actually this is not the full picture. It's not only to create the false impression of good sales that agents ask for the cheques whether one decides to buy or not. Remember, for every successful sale, they get commission. No cheque means confirm they got no sale. With a cheque, buyers who think they may not buy before the official balloting day could change their minds last minute.

It's a well-known fact that property is a dirty game. To do well, agents usually resort to telling half truths to their clients, try underhand tactics like mass booking units and selling them off later for "under table" money, backstab other agents, etc. I have a colleague who became a part-time agent. He lives in a HDB flat and earns only a few thousand $ from his day job. Within less than a year of work, he could pay full in cash for a car. But he quit after that cos he is an honest chap. Said it is not his character at all to do the dirty stuffs to be successful in this line and he would rather not earn that kind of money.

I have not heard of any returned IR units cos I did check with Huttons. If you see any now, it's all undertable type of mass booking. Actually, the mercy is not on the buyer but the agent. If they can't find a buyer, I was told they will lose all their booking deposit. But they tempt you with pre-booked units, and the choice is up to you: Pay thousands of $ commission to the agent and get your unit, or the unit will be returned to the developer who will sell it even higher. If you are an upright person who wants to boycott such tricks, then don't buy from such agents. But if you are desperate to have the unit, you really have no choice. The agent who is at your mercy, now turns around and you are at his mercy instead.

The above is what has been happening to CG Danga Bay.

Same thing in Iskandar Residences. Got one agent try to flip me his 2 rooms. I declined, despite being a good unit. He brazen says he got 8 units there..... and he probably did the same in all other launches. Likely from Huttons..... coz they marketing in Sg. If he from malaysia side I am not sure. I read that if u buy directly from agent from malaysia site, no need balloting, can just pick and go

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you which is why I picked IR over Meridin. But I was just giving an e.g for illustration, if you dont get one you can always go for another.
I just don't feel its necessary to be desperate enough to be victimised by agents.

Hi chocolate, unless you book early for the old tower, the Meridin is now more expensive than IR by psf.

And as for facilities, IR is better. Has sky garden per block and layout and features are more appealing. Medini has a unique curvy design but loses out to IR on the facilities. IR should be attractive to your tenants or if you want to live there yourself.

Also for Meridin, you need to be really high to see beyond. Higher units cost more $$ of course.

Just my opinions. Feel free to agree or disagree.

I'm not sure if Meridin is 99 or 129 yrs. I had the impression that it's 99? Anyone can confirm?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The stories I've heard come from my colleague. But I don't think it's appropriate, or wish to elaborate here on the details. It will not be nice to get innocent people implicated also.

To be successful in this business, the straight, truthful path will get one nowhere. There are some risks and "backdoor" methods to take but for the sake of money, they'll do it.

Precisely why my colleague left the property line because he is too honest for his own good.

If the agents didn't pre-book the good units using their advantageous position, do some late buyers still get the chance to buy the good units?

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
no offence.....but why late buyers should get a good unit since they are late? :smile::smile:

If the agents didn't pre-book the good units using their advantageous position, do some late buyers still get the chance to buy the good units?

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
no offence.....but why late buyers should get a good unit since they are late? :smile::smile:

Sometimes you do.. luck perhaps..
I was very late into IR.. aiming high floor three bedders on launched date thru agent.. failed to get one through balloting. Cos my number very far behind.

Waited about two months and was almost giving up hope of "hoping" to see returned units avail.. suddenly, received a call from agent informing me that a very high floor south facing unit is avail and no increase in psf.. if want. Fast hands fast legs booked the unit and the rest are history. .

Sometimes. . Its about luck.. heng suay cant tell...

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got my unit 1 month after balloting due to original buyer rejected offer to purchase. Prior to that, a guy offer S$30k for his balloted unit at 3rd floor. Needless to say...go fly kite. Persistent + Heng sueh is very good combination. Btw this for Afiniti...

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got my unit 1 month after balloting due to original buyer rejected offer to purchase. Prior to that, a guy offer S$30k for his balloted unit at 3rd floor. Needless to say...go fly kite. Persistent + Heng sueh is very good combination. Btw this for Afiniti...

Afiniti is top buy due to its best location and developer. Limited units some more. The others are not as good.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luck and good fortune is definitely key factors in this industry - be it developer or buyer....:smile:

but all said, this could also be the "makings" of agents who overbooked.......but it does not matter, as long as getting a Good Unit for big future Capital Gains, I really don't mind paying a token to the "hands behind"....they worked hard also...

eg. I bot Nusa Sentral at M$500k, and now average M$700k...but all done by my agent....I have not even step into the sales office yet...:smile::smile:

Sometimes you do.. luck perhaps..
I was very late into IR.. aiming high floor three bedders on launched date thru agent.. failed to get one through balloting. Cos my number very far behind.

Waited about two months and was almost giving up hope of "hoping" to see returned units avail.. suddenly, received a call from agent informing me that a very high floor south facing unit is avail and no increase in psf.. if want. Fast hands fast legs booked the unit and the rest are history. .

Sometimes. . Its about luck.. heng suay cant tell...

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
years ago...in Singapore... a developer lawyer offer me a VVIP opportunity to get a very famous unit along Scott Road with S$50k (just premium, no receipt, based on trust), promising a gain of $400K in few weeks when launch..... same thing happened :smile::smile:

Luck and good fortune is definitely key factors in this industry - be it developer or buyer....:smile:

but all said, this could also be the "makings" of agents who overbooked.......but it does not matter, as long as getting a Good Unit for big future Capital Gains, I really don't mind paying a token to the "hands behind"....they worked hard also...

eg. I bot Nusa Sentral at M$500k, and now average M$700k...but all done by my agent....I have not even step into the sales office yet...:smile::smile:

Last edited:

JBIskandarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
but my understanding is for Iskandar Residence (IR) it is done with the +30yrs extension??

Just to share what was told by a conveyancing lawyer of The Meridin... On the SPA do stated that 30yrs lease extension was pre-granted by developer upon purchase of land lease from IIB... The different of "normal leasehold" and Medini "Lease Purchase" are the land management/ control of Norm lease is Federal Lands Commissioner/ JKPTG, where Medini was under control/ manage by IIB (Iskandar Investment Berhad).

May check with your SPA lawyer to double confirm and share more here... since many bought in different projects may have different lawyer practice in different way... just ask them to verify!

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
are you saying that you offered more than SGD30k for the returned unit? just clarifying cos not clear.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
are you saying that you offered more than SGD30k for the returned unit? just clarifying cos not clear.

No no...a guy willing to let go his unit for $30k fee....whether that is possible or not in changing buyer mid way before SPA sign...that part not sure, didn't accept the offer.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share what was told by a conveyancing lawyer of The Meridin... On the SPA do stated that 30yrs lease extension was pre-granted by developer upon purchase of land lease from IIB... The different of "normal leasehold" and Medini "Lease Purchase" are the land management/ control of Norm lease is Federal Lands Commissioner/ JKPTG, where Medini was under control/ manage by IIB (Iskandar Investment Berhad).

May check with your SPA lawyer to double confirm and share more here... since many bought in different projects may have different lawyer practice in different way... just ask them to verify!

My SPA for Afiniti also stated the same, 30yrs lease extension. Dunno the technicality. My impression got from the lawyer is 30yrs extension is a done deal.

JBIskandarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
My SPA for Afiniti also stated the same, 30yrs lease extension. Dunno the technicality. My impression got from the lawyer is 30yrs extension is a done deal.

Yes. It is pre-approved extension with auto-renewal after leased for 30yrs or balance lease of 69yrs... Since it was stated in SPA, should be a 100% deal... again... double confirm this and if possible, check with your lawyer and share here.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. It is pre-approved extension with auto-renewal after leased for 30yrs or balance lease of 69yrs... Since it was stated in SPA, should be a 100% deal... again... double confirm this and if possible, check with your lawyer and share here.
Addition 30yrs is on top of 99yrs (basis for all Medini)...total 129yrs.