• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Mediacorp Actor Ian Leaving After Lack Of Acting Roles In 2022! Wants To Be Independent! Rebecca Sad Or Not?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
China-born local actor Ian Fang announced today (Apr 27) that he will be leaving Mediacorp after 12 years. His last day with the broadcaster is April 30.

8days.sg got on a call with the 34-year-old actor earlier this morning to find out more.

photo_2023-04-27_12.25.08.jpeg

Ian first propelled to fame after starring in 2011 Mediacorp drama On the Fringe, which is also what he describes as the "peak" of his career.

"Wah seh, I thought I was so popular that time. Back then, the entire Orchard Road and Cineleisure were filled with people [who turned up for our fan meet]. It was crazy. I thought it was such a weird phenomenon," he recalls with glee.

He was also named Best Newcomer at the Star Awards in 2013, a victory that Ian says was his "proudest moment" as an actor.

After the success of On The Fringe, Ian went on to showcase his talents in an array of roles, from the lovelorn barista in 96 °C Café — Ian says this was when he was “the best looking” — to a hyperactive student in Don’t Stop Believin’, and to an upright and filial environmentalist in long-form drama Life Less Ordinary.

Ian is currently shooting upcoming Mediacorp drama Kill Sera Sera, which stars Hong Kong actress Jessica Hsuan and Taiwanese actor James Wen.

However, Ian thinks it's now time for him to "pursue the things that [he] wants to do in the future".

"It’s not a sudden decision, I’ve thought about it for quite a while, especially since last year," says Ian.

"Last year I didn’t really have many productions, and when you’re alone at 2-3am in the night, when nobody is interrupting you, you tend to think about a lot of things, like your future and what are the things you can do. That made me think if I should take another leap [to try new things]."

photo_2023-04-27_12.03.28.jpeg

So where is Ian headed after leaving Mediacorp?

According to the actor, he'll be trying to "get used to being an independent artiste first to see what [he's] capable of" and "be versatile enough to accept different types of jobs and projects."

"I can be doing many things like creating music and social media content which is very popular nowadays," he says.

Ian also hopes to unleash his creativity when he taps into the social media world as he "likes doing backend production work like script writing and directing," adding that now is probably the "best time" for him to pursue those things.

Sharing that it's a mutual agreement with Mediacorp for him to not renew his contract, Ian went on to express his gratitude towards the company.

"I really appreciate that in the 12 years that I was with Mediacorp, they gave me fantastic opportunities and platforms for people to know me. Right now I’m not quite used to it because I’m probably too attached and was too sheltered [by the company]. (laughs)"

Ian, however, feels that being an independent artiste gives him more "hunger and urge" to fight for the things he wants to do in the future.

https://www.8days.sg/entertainment/local/ian-fang-leaves-mediacorp-778871

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who the fuck is this guy? And who are the fuckwits who actually keep tabs on him, or worse, are his fans? :o-o:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found the video of the meet and greet. Please leh… it’s to meet an entire cast of a tv show. It’s not his personal concert leh.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks are so-so, not much acting skills, bad reputation as a playboy. Knn… and not even that young anymore at 34. He better know how to bend over well or give a mean bj if he still wanna make it big!
Actor must know how to give blow job nicely ?

Then must be able to bend over and let some old ah kua fuck the backside ??

I wonder how does the wife feel if she found out that her husband gave blow job and being ass fuck .

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking at his appearance his roles will be limited. His acting are like shit honestly. Not masculine enough and looks wise not versatile.