• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MBT: the dark knight making housing affordable

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
mahbowtan-26.jpg
The_Dark_Knight_5.jpg

APR 26, 2011
Mah: Affordable homes through good times and bad
By Jessica Cheam

National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan said, 'Here, I would like to make this categorical assurance and commitment, that we will continue to provide good quality, affordable homes for as many people as possible, through good times and bad'. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND LIM
THE Housing Board (HDB) provided new calculations on Tuesday to show that average prices of new flats last year remained within reach of first-time home buyers in different income groups, as the Government moved to address the growing debate on the affordability of new flats.

Key to the affordability of new flats is the Government's Additional Housing Grant (AHG), which is given to most first-time buyers with a household income of less than $5,000 a month.

And to lend a personal touch to his message, National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan appeared for the first time in a video message posted on his ministry's website, assuring Singaporeans that housing will remain affordable.

He acknowledged in the five-minute video that 'the question that people are asking, and worried about, is whether... they can continue to afford good quality homes'.

'Here, I would like to make this categorical assurance and commitment, that we will continue to provide good quality, affordable homes for as many people as possible, through good times and bad,' he said.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
80% of Singaporeans live in HDB flats. Nobody! Albeit all the hoohas of sky rocketing properties prices! Nobody will want to see the prices of their own property drop. NOBODY! Human nature is selfish. The opposition ward will die a painful death picking the wrong fight! IMHO.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
mahbowtan-26.jpg
The_Dark_Knight_5.jpg

APR 26, 2011
Mah: Affordable homes through good times and bad
By Jessica Cheam

National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan said, 'Here, I would like to make this categorical assurance and commitment, that we will continue to provide good quality, affordable homes for as many people as possible, through good times and bad'. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND LIM
THE Housing Board (HDB) provided new calculations on Tuesday to show that average prices of new flats last year remained within reach of first-time home buyers in different income groups, as the Government moved to address the growing debate on the affordability of new flats.

Key to the affordability of new flats is the Government's Additional Housing Grant (AHG), which is given to most first-time buyers with a household income of less than $5,000 a month.

And to lend a personal touch to his message, National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan appeared for the first time in a video message posted on his ministry's website, assuring Singaporeans that housing will remain affordable.

He acknowledged in the five-minute video that 'the question that people are asking, and worried about, is whether... they can continue to afford good quality homes'.

'Here, I would like to make this categorical assurance and commitment, that we will continue to provide good quality, affordable homes for as many people as possible, through good times and bad,' he said.

shut the hell up lah. you are going to lose anyway, talk so much for what. Yah maybe talk more then next time no chance to talk liao.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were opposition party, I will not pick a fight that cannot win. Rather, I would pick on issues like no retirement benefits for old age. Can do a bit of good to look at the Australia system. Or I would like to see housewife getting compensated for having sacrifies her time and career to take care of her children. Job creations for housewife. Work at home job openings. Or medical cost getting expensive. Maybe free medical, transport and entrance fees for public facilities like swimming pools for senior citizens. Or MRT and other transportation mode getting more and more over loaded. Needs to be upgraded.

Picking on HDB issue during an election time is suicide. If you are elected, what are you going to do? Lower the HDB prices and make the rest of the property prices tumble? Maybe can start by asking all the WP members to sell their own HDB at a loss? Are they willing to do it themselves for a start? Like that WP sure gone case liao lah! IMHO

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
might b a little 2 late for maboktan

with last Q hdb prices increased (again)

his foundation is start 2 rock