• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Matex Residence

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey bro, you are not alone but ikan bilis like us will certainly get bigger and bigger if we swim around big fishes who are willing to help. Let's all keep sharing and learning!

This deal, whether successful or not, is another learning opportunity for me... Cheers!

haa .true. prick the brain of the big fishes so we grow . yes, well at least this is not that hard a lesson in the sense we get to take back the full 5K fee but the lesson it imparts is invalueable

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
1100psf - pricey. Good location - this is a good substitute to Matex as it is same walking distance to CIQ. Not sure whether u will be bothered by this - developer (mahabuilders) is less reputable than UMLand

Looks like almost all new city jb condos nowadays are selling >1000psf. When i called up and enquired, i was told it is 1100psf above and "only SGD4xx psf" and "its a steal at this price", i feel my intelligence is under insult. I wonder what would be their reaction had i replied that in MY, people are staying in 2 stories FH landed house bought at RM0.4m (as opposed to SG where LH landed cost 10x more @ min RM4m) and in SG, people are driving cars that cost many fold over what the msians are paying for their private transport

penjohorian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like almost all new city jb condos nowadays are selling >1000psf. When i called up and enquired, i was told it is 1100psf above and "only SGD4xx psf" and "its a steal at this price", i feel my intelligence is under insult. I wonder what would be their reaction had i replied that in MY, people are staying in 2 stories FH landed house bought at RM0.4m (as opposed to SG where LH landed cost 10x more @ min RM4m) and in SG, people are driving cars that cost many fold over what the msians are paying for their private transport

Yup you are right, currently all the condo in city center are price > 1000psf.
Some of the project developer I don't even hear them before, yet they still price their project > 1000psf.
In such a market condition, I'm not surprise if Matex will launch their units at level 21 above for >1100psf or more.
Looks like backup plan may have to kick in to avoid losing of opportunity cost again.

penjohorian

Alfrescian
Loyal
1100psf - pricey. Good location - this is a good substitute to Matex as it is same walking distance to CIQ. Not sure whether u will be bothered by this - developer (mahabuilders) is less reputable than UMLand

Think ~1000psf is the current price for the condo in city center set by the greedy developer.
UMLand is definitely much reputable than MB Builder, but compare with other I feel MB Builder should be better than those Un-known developer.
The still uncertainty of Matex make me think of the backup plan, else may lose even more opportunity cost.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a lot zone 1 development coming up. Do ur research before buying...... like setia sky 88 buying all paying top JB price currently..... they may get lucky with the MRT stop nearby

Bruceli

Alfrescian
Loyal
the good / lucky one should be those to got units in sky suite MB builder or summerplace if (but quite certain) the rts station is at the old lorry custom

There are a lot zone 1 development coming up. Do ur research before buying...... like setia sky 88 buying all paying top JB price currently..... they may get lucky with the MRT stop nearby

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

the zone A old condos have all risen in value too. aloha towers, danga view, wadihana, orchid view. If i am not wrong, orchi view condo is next or near to Tritower. Perhaps good time to snap up the old condo?

Last edited:

Bruceli

Alfrescian
Loyal
look at those around jln abdul samad and mariamah too.... frinza court, vista height. great serene quiet environment and yet super near to JB town and CIQ

the zone A old condos have all risen in value too. aloha towers, danga view, wadihana, orchid view. If i am not wrong, orchi view condo is next or near to Tritower. Perhaps good time to snap up the old condo?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
big question is whether the psf would rise further if it is announced the RTS would be at the old lorry custom ?

i think definitely. Lookng at the map, sky suites should be the closest condo to the lorry customs. Few months ago, i enquired - there are still a number of 2/3 bedders selling at 7xx psf. Now all gone

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
look at those around jln abdul samad and mariamah too.... frinza court, vista height. great serene quiet environment and yet super near to JB town and CIQ

Yes, but how abt security/management? I dont have much info on these - so i dare not venture though location is great

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think definitely. Lookng at the map, sky suites should be the closest condo to the lorry customs. Few months ago, i enquired - there are still a number of 2/3 bedders selling at 7xx psf. Now all gone
If I know Matex had such delay, I may had bought into Sky Suites at that time.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB vity condo still have new launches at below 1k PSF. Astaka and paragon residences still have units.

The new one midwest avenue likely 900psf as well. Go ask agent

wwJd5

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sky suites may be closest to lorry customs, but would a new customs be built for the RTS from Spore, or will the existing customs be used?

If RTS share existing CIQ, then residents of sky suite will have to walk quite a bit even though they are nearest to lorry customs. Matex will have a "better" location then.

The existing CIQ seems big enough for RTS + bus commuters. If a new customs is built for RTS, then i guess the existing one will be under utilized assuming more commuters use RTS than bus.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sky suites may be closest to lorry customs, but would a new customs be built for the RTS from Spore, or will the existing customs be used?

If RTS share existing CIQ, then residents of sky suite will have to walk quite a bit even though they are nearest to lorry customs. Matex will have a "better" location then.

The existing CIQ seems big enough for RTS + bus commuters. If a new customs is built for RTS, then i guess the existing one will be under utilized assuming more commuters use RTS than bus.
I dont think there will be a chance of ciq being underutilized. Once rts is up, msians and even sporeans staying in sg currently may move to jb and hence these ppl will still gonna fill up the ciq capacity even if traffic is diverted to rts

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think there will be a chance of ciq being underutilized. Once rts is up, msians and even sporeans staying in sg currently may move to jb and hence these ppl will still gonna fill up the ciq capacity even if traffic is diverted to rts

And then both will ends up with bottlenecks as ppl spills over and filled up all the new condos. They would also need 3rd link to be up and ferry taxi services as well.

wwJd5

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree.

The question is, will there be a separate CIQ for RTS.
If not, then good news for Matex investors, and not so good news for sky suites