• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Matex Residence

yyhwin

Alfrescian
Loyal
the way I look at it, it is the same as any other condo. it still need to comply with strata title act.

the difference is that hotel operator has a huge block of the building and will be a member of the joint management body.

ohh..okay, your explanation very clear. Thank you, last time I thought hotel operator will be the management for this condo.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
when hotel operator is the member of committee, for sure they will appoint their own to be the management.

yyhwin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Additional Measures To Curb Property Speculation In Johor Not Needed, Says REHDA Johor
Jan 16, 2013

JOHOR BAHRU: The Johor state government has sufficient mechanisms to curb property speculation and does not need additional measures for the moment, according to the Real Estate and Housing Developers' Association (REHDA) Johor.

Its Chairman Koh Moo Hing said the mechanism used by the state government to determine quotas for the various types of property that could be bought by foreigners at present is enough to control speculation activities.

"Johor does not need any other additional measures as such," he told Bernama.

Johor imposes quotas on foreigners purchasing properties at present, such as, being allowed to only buy 20 per cent of the overall total number of two-storey terrace houses and two-storey cluster homes in a specific project.

Foreigners are also allowed to purchase only 30 per cent of the Semi-D homes, bungalows as well as bungalow lots, and 50 per cent of serviced apartments as well as condominiums.

For holiday homes, the quota for foreigners is 50 per cent, commercial buildings (50 per cent) and office space (20 per cent), aimed at attracting foreign investments.

Last week the Exco for Housing, Local Government, Public Works and Utilities, Datuk Ahmad Zahri Jamil said the state government was reevaluating the property purchase policy by foreigners to control real estate speculation activities which had caused prices to increase.

He said the state government was also studying the need to raise the minimum property purchase price for foreigners from RM500,000 at present to RM1 million.

"We are asking the state government to postpone introducing any new mechanism to control property speculation and the rise in real estate prices," said Koh.

He said, 90 per cent of those foreigners purchasing properties in Johor comprised Singaporeans, due to the republic's close proximity.

REHDA Johor, he added, will have a meeting with its members in the near future and forward a proposal to the state government.

He proposed additional mechanisms, including increasing the minimum property purchase price by foreigners be imposed, for those properties which had received approval to sell 100 per cent to them.

"The impact of this additional mechanism to control speculation activities is more effective for such housing projects, which are mostly in the Iskandar Malaysia region," Koh said.

At the same time, he also expressed concern that introducing the mechanism may have a negative effect on efforts to attract foreigners to purchase property under the "Malaysia My Second Home" programme.

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

Anyone already started looking for a bank loan?
When are we to take up the loan (usually)?
Hope whatever measures they come up with does not affect the loan to value (LTV) or the DSR.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am considering moving to Matex but it depends on situation then. i won't mind living without a car if transportation becomes easy. i have a dream and my dream is to own a small property in every major city in South East Asia..so that when i semi-retire..can stay in different part of Asia and live among the locals.I'll kick start with malaysia first lah..haha..

Waa u even more ambitious than monopoly. Are u sure your body can take all the travelling when u are semi retired?? Lol

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
with whatever info thats available, i think sky88 is most luxurious.

I think so too looking at the artist impression. I still stand by my view that Matex is superior in location. Yes sky88 has shuttles to CIQ. Enough to handle the residents population (2.5x that of matex) ? What's the schedule like? What if I reach ciq at 12midnight - is there still shuttle? What if I want to cross ciq at 5am to beat the jam etc? Is the shuttle available this early? What if I am so snagged after crossing ciq and the next shuttle is coming in 15mins time and I have 50 residents in front of me in the queue?

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think so too looking at the artist impression. I still stand by my view that Matex is superior in location. Yes sky88 has shuttles to CIQ. Enough to handle the residents population (2.5x that of matex) ? What's the schedule like? What if I reach ciq at 12midnight - is there still shuttle? What if I want to cross ciq at 5am to beat the jam etc? Is the shuttle available this early? What if I am so snagged after crossing ciq and the next shuttle is coming in 15mins time and I have 50 residents in front of me in the queue?

Yes, I agree tho I am not vested in matex. I think matex is more wu hua in terms of psf and proximity compared to Sky88.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Waa u even more ambitious than monopoly. Are u sure your body can take all the travelling when u are semi retired?? Lol

Retirement has lost it connection to the age of a person.

I know a friend whom retire at 40. A whole bunch at 50s.

Retirement means you worry less about making money, and focus on the thing you like to do.
However some people love to make money, hence no need to retire at all. (eg Superman Li)

Last edited:

yyhwin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I agree tho I am not vested in matex. I think matex is more wu hua in terms of psf and proximity compared to Sky88.

You compare the old tower with the Matex right? You see their new tower price first, what is the price tag? The old tower was fully sold within 5 days, that marks the new price tag for a lot of similar projects nearby.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with that. When one is tired, he wil want to get home as soon as possible. I hate Shuttle. Given the traffic at Tebaru and JB Sentral areas, I wonder how long it takes to reach.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Invitation to a Seminar by NSGlobal this weekend at Amara. It says new NS investors Club? Wonder what it is and what benefits to be a member? Any opinions?

yyhwin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with that. When one is tired, he wil want to get home as soon as possible. I hate Shuttle. Given the traffic at Tebaru and JB Sentral areas, I wonder how long it takes to reach.

You already thinking of staying in that service apartment already?

You bought for own stay or investment purpose?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Invitation to a Seminar by NSGlobal this weekend at Amara. It says new NS investors Club? Wonder what it is and what benefits to be a member? Any opinions?

I joke with a fellow forum buddy that it may be a start of a Ponzi Scheme.

if market suddenly crash. i doubt NS ability to pay back all investors.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
You already thinking of staying in that service apartment already?

You bought for own stay or investment purpose?
My evaluation for investment is to put my myself into the shoes of the targeted group of tenants.
In this case , it is for singles or couple who works in Spore. These groups of person wants convenience, shopping centres...
I believe these group will want to be as near to RTS/CIQ as far as possible.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was trying to read up on Flagship Zone A Johor Bahru City Centre today and discovered that I had little knowledge of the vast developments it covers-the waterfront city of Danga Bay, Tebrau Plentong and JB CBD... Zone A has large parcel of lands as well...wow!

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirm increase a lot. I heard from my sales agent that the last phase price was determined before the latest cooling measure.

So far till the release of the 8th and 9th floor, they did not really increase the price but they tweak the following:

1. Lesser rebate
2. No more state levy
3. Worse off levels

In a way, the above results in an increase in price.

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was trying to read up on Flagship Zone A Johor Bahru City Centre today and discovered that I had little knowledge of the vast developments it covers-the waterfront city of Danga Bay, Tebrau Plentong and JB CBD... Zone A has large parcel of lands as well...wow!

Yup, a lot of it spans both sides of the causeway, on reclaimed land. A no. Of investors have come into iskandar to invest. Companies like Country Garden, Peter Lim.....:smile: