• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Masked burglars slash man, son-in-law

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20121027_160944_image_nst.jpg

Saturday, Oct 27, 2012
SUNGAI PETANI - It was a bleak Hari Raya Aidiladha yesterday for a 63-year-old man and his son-in-law who both had to spend the day in hospital.

Azizan Hamid and his son-in-law, Mohd Fakhzan Nasir, 34, were both hospitalised after they were attacked by burglars who broke into their house in Kampung Sedaka, Yan, near here, on Thursday morning.

Both the victims sustained slash wounds on their heads and hands in the 5.30am attack.

They are responding well to treatment for the cuts at Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital here.

Recalling the incident, Fakhzan, who is an officer at the Kuala Muda district National Unity and Integration Department, said he and Azizan were in the house when the burglars entered.

"I was coming out from the toilet when I saw Azizan being attacked by a masked man armed with a parang in the kitchen.

"I rushed to help Azizan, but the burglar slashed my hands when I pushed him to the floor.

"During the commotion, another masked man entered the house through the back door.

"He joined his accomplice in attacking us," Fakhzan said at the hospital yesterday.

Fakhzan said he was forced to surrender the key to his car to the burglars.

He said the burglars took RM200 and his wife's gold necklace, worth about RM2,500, and drove off in his Perodua Myvi.

Fakhzan and Azizan were sent to Yan Hospital by their neighbour and later transferred to Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital.