• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mas Selamat Kastari - A Closure?

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Friday returning from my daily evening jog, I noticed the door of the notice board on the ground floor of the neighboring block was opened. The wanted notice with MSK's mugshot was missing.

However, the notice was still displayed at my block as well as the other 2 adjacent blocks, so I thought nothing of it.

Today, the notice is gone from mine. Has a directive been passed to take down the wanted posters? Has the authorities quietly close the case up? Without even having the slightest inkling where MSK is hiding?

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite typical, its another episode of sweeping the dust under the carpet. Pretending nothing ever happened, telling themselves "let's move on"

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Last Friday returning from my daily evening jog, I noticed the door of the notice board on the ground floor of the neighboring block was opened. The wanted notice with MSK's mugshot was missing.

However, the notice was still displayed at my block as well as the other 2 adjacent blocks, so I thought nothing of it.

Today, the notice is gone from mine. Has a directive been passed to take down the wanted posters? Has the authorities quietly close the case up? Without even having the slightest inkling where MSK is hiding?

i only see the posters being vandalized... what are you talking about?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm surprised the posters' are still supposed to be hanging. It has been almost 9 months since he escaped, and the PAP still doesn't have a clue.

I guess if the escape hasn't embarrassed the ISD, the 9 months since has probably have to sink it. In 24 hours, the ISD's reputation has gone to the toilet and hasn't recovered since.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has the incident after 9 months caused you any physical harm? If no, it is good to move on. Do you remember, after 9 months, a person who said something mean to you after 9 months? Move on.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has the incident after 9 months caused you any physical harm? If no, it is good to move on. Do you remember, after 9 months, a person who said something mean to you after 9 months? Move on.

Ask those people in Bali and the Aussie families of the victims who died in both Bali bombings to move on then. See then if they wanna beat you up or not.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Human memories are short-lived. Probably, many people have already forgotten about MAS escape. People will only remember MAS again if he re-surface again to terrorise. If this really happen, then DPM Wong will be in serious trouble.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
despite million $ carrot n so much manpower n effort put in ... after 9 mths still no results ... dat oni shows incompetency n inefficiency, rite? ... lidat makes me no face rite? ... ppl evryday c foto 1 wor ...

on 2nd thots, dun hv 2 la ... even dat big bully of a country oso cannot find ali baba after so many yrs ... :biggrin:

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

what you've said is utterly disappointing, you mean the authorities can simply shirk away their responsibilities just like that?

Naruto777

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, saw at MRT stations no more MAS wanted pictures. Actually, did MAS terrorise anybody??:confused: He looks harmless to me, or maybe he is an exhibitionist that terrorises lau aunties..:biggrin:

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
what you've said is utterly disappointing, you mean the authorities can simply shirk away their responsibilities just like that?

Of course, our home team is still looking into the matter diligently. But it is no good for the country to be continually gripped in fear. Singapore is constantly facing external and internal challenges, some including sabre rattling from foreign countries. Vigilance is important but must be well managed, so as not to hinder daily activities. Or else, all perpetrators of intimidation will win without even lifting a finger.

sage

Alfrescian
Loyal
For last eight months trees and bushes were intensely chopped off by contracted ft workers at nature reserve (bukit batok for sure, anywhere else?) so much so you can literally see through the woods. No where to hide behind trees. He's long gone. I no longer pay attention to limpees.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Of course, our home team is still looking into the matter diligently. But it is no good for the country to be continually gripped in fear. Singapore is constantly facing external and internal challenges, some including sabre rattling from foreign countries. Vigilance is important but must be well managed, so as not to hinder daily activities. Or else, all perpetrators of intimidation will win without even lifting a finger.

then take away that notion of "moving on" and keep on working on it.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my personal capacity, you point is taken.

Point taken is not enough. The minister in charge need to be accountable for the failure of his ministry. Despite the big fumble, yet the ministry was involved in 2 other incidences where breach of security is involved.

At least if you feel that the minister is an invaluable part of the team, then move him away from his current post to somewhere he can meet the team's requirement. He has to be moved simply because he has failed.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Point taken is not enough. The minister in charge need to be accountable for the failure of his ministry. Despite the big fumble, yet the ministry was involved in 2 other incidences where breach of security is involved.

At least if you feel that the minister is an invaluable part of the team, then move him away from his current post to somewhere he can meet the team's requirement. He has to be moved simply because he has failed.

He is an invaluable member of the establishment. Positions assigned are based on competencies relative to others at the appropriate points in time. The establishment in Singapore has come a long way and things are improving. If it were possible to hasten the pace, it would be taken as the beneficiaries are Singaporeans and Singapore.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is an invaluable member of the establishment. Positions assigned are based on competencies relative to others at the appropriate points in time. The establishment in Singapore has come a long way and things are improving. If it were possible to hasten the pace, it would be taken as the beneficiaries are Singaporeans and Singapore.

1) Is the post retained due to relative competency or due to relative factor?

2) If the govt is paid like the private sector then they should practice like the private sector where nobody is indispensible. That shows the limitation of the govt to groom new ministers to replace those which had erred too many times.

Given the top pay of Ministers benchmarked against the private sector, we would have hoped that changes occur much faster. Singapore is small. We need to be nimble. But at the current moment we are like dragging our feet like elephants in implementing/reacting to the required changes.