• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Many Useless Positions in a Ministry

lhlisanidiot

Alfrescian
Loyal
In most countries, they only have a Minister and Deputy Minister for a ministry.

However, in Singapore, we have so many useless and redundant positions to cater to their running dogs.

Let's take Ministry of Defence for example:

Minister of Defence
Deputy or 2nd Minister of Defence

Minister of State (Defence)
Deputy or 2nd Minister of State (Defence)

Permanent Secretary (Defence)
Deputy Permanent Secretary (Defence)

Parliamentary Secretary (Defence)
Deputy Parliamentary Secretary (Defence)

To be honest, what the fuck are all these positions? Who reports to who? What are their responsibilities?

And don't forget all these positions are paid million dollars salaries by the taxpayers!

Last edited:

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
In reality, the nation have been providing welfare state benefits (juz because of one party rule system) to leeches aka papees leeching on the system. These leeches aka papees wasting nation's time and resources and etc every single second of the Mother Earth's day. By some unfortunate default, we as a nation have to put food on table and tonnes of $$$ for these leeches...

papees n cronies are lazy, picky and demanding. These leeches
who thinks that the nation owe them a living need to wake up their idea!!!!!!!!!

The country needs the government (employees of the public) to work for the country.
Can these leeches aka papees become self reliant? Get a job and be prepared to work hard
at least for once in a lifetime. Stop Leeching on the system.

one example:
MP Baey Yam Keng will be producing a play, titled The Cabinet, in July.

Despite a hectic schedule which includes a day job as a Account Director in Hill & Knowlton and his duties as a Member of Parliament, Baey still finds time to cater to his passion, theatre.

He has produced well-received productions, such as Want United People (Singapore Arts Festival 1998), Madam What's Next (Singapore Chinese Cultural Festival 2000) and Game Play (Huayi Festival 2007) with Singapore theatre company, The ETCeteras.

Click here to find out more!
Founded in 1996, The ETCeteras is the only Singapore theatre company that adheres to staging original works in the local arts scene.

The ETCeteras's 20th theatre production, The Cabinet, will run from July 21 to July 25 and July 28 to July 30, at The Chamber at The Arts House.

Produced by The ETCeteras in collaboration with The Arts House, The Cabinet is an original comedy about nagging obsessions and succession planning.

"This play may venture on grounds that people think are taboo areas in Singapore. The Cabinet does have an interesting premise. The audience can look forward to a cleverly witted script and a strong performance by some of the best actors in Singapore," said producer and founding president of The ETCeteras, Baey Yam Keng.

THIS IS PROOF OF THE FUNDAMENTAL BREACH...

THEY CLAIM THAT WE SHOULD PAY THEM HIGH AND OBSCENE PACKAGES IF NOT, THEY CAN MAKE SAME OR MORE IN PRIVATE SECTOR...

THEY THEN DECLARE IT AS "ALLOWANCES" AND WORK ONLY AS PART-TIME MPs
imagine how much jobs can be freed up and passed down to public if our PART-TIME MP COMMIT FULL TIME and stop hogging these appointments

having more than one appointment does not give one more than 24hrs a day...

so who did they neglect?
the taxpayers?
their own companies?
or the companies which they collecting directorship fees from?
it's a FUNDAMENTAL BREACH of their claim that they should be paid obscenely high packages as they might be getting it in private sector.
now they claim it as allowances, work as "PART-TIME MP" and still collecting $$$ all over the place...

UNIQUELY SINGAPORE???

FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP.........
MAY PAPEES, CRONIES N FAMILIES BURN ETERNALLY IN HELLS.........
MAJULLAH SINGAPURA.........
GOD BLESS SINGAPORE..............
REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_521095.html

Council chairman, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean, said members will focus on improving productivity at all levels, from the individual worker to various enterprises and sectors. -- ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN

THE drive to boost productivity ramped up another notch, when private and public sector union members met for the first National Productivity and Continuing Education Council (NPCEC) meeting on Friday.

Council chairman, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean, said members will focus on improving productivity at all levels, from the individual worker to various enterprises and sectors.

Besides ensuring workers are properly trained and skilled to keep up with market needs, enterprises and sectors have to innovate to be more competitive.

' This will raise the overall productivity of Singapore's economy to sustain future economic growth,' DPM Teo said.

For a start, the Council will focus on forming work groups to study strategies to raise productivity in 12 sectors, from construction to manufacturing and professional and business services. It will also develop benchmarks for productivity.

President of the Singapore National Employers' Federation (SNEF), Mr Stephen Lee, pledged to support the Council : 'Workers and businesses have to work together so the fruits of business and economic growth can be shared by all.'

NTUC Secretary-General Lim Swee Say said: "The Labour Movement will reach out to companies and workers to identify and break productivity bottlenecks, and upgrade the skills and capabilities of our workforce through continuing education."

SO WHEN CAN WE SEE OUR TAX MONEY PUT TO EFFECTIVE USE?
SO WHEN CAN THE PART-TIME MPs IDENTIFY AND BREAK PRODUCTIVITY BOTTLENECKS???

what happened to our PM talk of increasing productivity by 70%(JUST BEFORE 2010'S LNY)?

when we going to see reduction in number of part-time mps?

one part-time mp can be doing so many other jobs and/or appointment

so who or which organisation is he/she paying more attention(or any if there is) to?

make them commit full-time since they so "PRODUCTIVE"

since they claim to be leader and they keep highlighting "productivity"
they shall lead by showing productivity

reduce the number to 50 or less

return the jobs to the taxpayers

if not able to keep up, stop claiming part-time mp allowance, take the burden off the taxpayers and budget

FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP.........
MAY PAPEES, CRONIES N FAMILIES BURN ETERNALLY IN HELLS.........
MAJULLAH SINGAPURA.........
GOD BLESS SINGAPORE..............
REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
In most countries, they only have a Minister and Deputy Minister for a ministry.

However, in Singapore, we have so many useless and redundant positions to cater to their running dogs.

Minister of Defence

To be honest, what the fuck are all these positions? Who reports to who? What are their responsibilities?

And don't forget all these positions are paid million dollars salaries by the taxpayers!

This is known as OJT.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Minister of Defence

One to fix the opposition, one on holiday, one to give speeches and one to do all the work.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah... Mindef. You won't believe how many canteen breaks its employees (uniformed and non-uniformed) take in a typical 9-to-5 workday.

Some of them also take breaks at the mess hall, or go for a lunchtime swim at the pool next to the Mindef Medical Centre. :cool:

Many of the auntie personal assistants to the top brass are also chow guan bitches with zero phone etiquette.

I can go on and on, but you get the idea. :wink:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not have Millionster, Deputy Millionster, 2nd millionster deputy 2nd millionster........ One small country so many millionsters. Efficient indeed! KNN I got to multi task like shit so that they can collect millions? Peg to private sectors?

I go for meetings my company field 2 person they field 5 to 6 with guns blazing. KNN

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ah... Mindef. You won't believe how many canteen breaks its employees (uniformed and non-uniformed) take in a typical 9-to-5 workday.

When I was in the army, I put in mere 2 hours of actual work a day. The rest of the day was spent on tea breaks, lunch breaks, an afternoon nap and playing squash from 3 pm onwards.

However, the SAF still paid me a big fat salary. I am forever grateful to the PAP for paying me so well despite the fact that I hardly did any work.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...put in mere 2 hours of actual work a day. The rest of the day was spent on tea breaks, lunch breaks, an afternoon nap and playing squash from 3 pm onwards. ..SAF still paid me a big fat salary. ..despite the fact that I hardly did any work.
laksaboy said:
..You won't believe how many canteen breaks its employees (uniformed and non-uniformed) take in a typical 9-to-5 workday. Some of them also take breaks at the mess hall, or go for a lunchtime swim at the pool next to the Mindef Medical Centre.
Buta gaji (blind salary) :p

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was in the army, I put in mere 2 hours of actual work a day. The rest of the day was spent on tea breaks, lunch breaks, an afternoon nap and playing squash from 3 pm onwards.

However, the SAF still paid me a big fat salary. I am forever grateful to the PAP for paying me so well despite the fact that I hardly did any work.

So u were one of the good-for-nothing clerical staff in the army who does fuck-off in cool comfort of air-con offices while many others were charging up and down the hill with combat gear in the sweltering heat. No wonder u so easily identify yourselves with the PAP, all who are "cho boh lans". Now I know why u have so much affinity towards the PAP - same useless bunch.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Some of them also take breaks at the mess hall, or go for a lunchtime swim at the pool next to the Mindef Medical Centre. :cool:

Many of the auntie personal assistants to the top brass are also chow guan bitches with zero phone etiquette.

I can go on and on, but you get the idea. :wink:

yeah since my NS stint in Mindef, I always tried to apply for many positions but none can get. I went a few times canteen breaks during my 9 mths stay in Mindef. That was the best part of my life. No stress, everyday wear smart uniform to work, go canteen beo uniform and non uniform chiobu. after work go sparks cheong..miss those days.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Minister of Defence

More to come ....

Senior Minister of State, Senior Parliamentary Secretary, Senior Political Secretary, Political Secretary.

These are positions to fatten the pockets of PAP politicians. They don't even have a role profile for all the existing positions.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the paid millions orifice (pmo) has offered me a new portfolio by the title.....

"arsistant depooty to the assistant deputy of the debutante of ministress of steak of the minestrone of home affairs"

must have ability to cook in kitchen and bed. very domestic work in nature.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Minister of Defence

Let me correct you

three Ministers per dept in Westminster model

Minister
Minister of State
Parliamentary Under Secretary

THAT IS ALL.