• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Many New Sinkie CEOs! Such Great News Samsters Rejoicing!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yahoo News Singapore Yahoo News Singapore

SPH Media Trust justified in asking for govt funding, new CEO pick in 2 weeks: Khaw​

Staff Writer, Singapore
Staff Writer, Singapore
·Editorial Team
Thu, 27 January 2022, 6:10 pm·2-min read

In this article:

• Khaw Boon Wan
    Former Singaporean politician

Read more on this topic

SPH Media Trust chairman Khaw Boon Wan. (SCREENGRAB: The Straits Times/YouTube)

SPH Media Trust chairman Khaw Boon Wan. (SCREENGRAB: The Straits Times/YouTube)
SINGAPORE — The new SPH Media Trust (SMT) has a "justification" in asking the government for funding when it comes to capability building, and where the payback period is long, said its chairman Khaw Boon Wan on Thursday (27 January), according to national broadsheet The Straits Times.
With authorities prepared to provide funding support for SMT, Khaw said at a media briefing, "It's a mixed bag of things and the discussion is coming along nicely, and I'm quite sure (the Ministry of Communications and Information) would be ready to make an announcement quite soon."
Discussions on the matter with the government and organisations such as clan associations and community groups had been going well, Khaw added.
Khaw suggested that metrics such as audience numbers and subscription numbers might be used as key performance indicators. However, he stressed that SMT will largely be funded through its own commercial revenue, and turning a profit will still be important.
Upon his appointment last May, Khaw had told an internal town hall that the editorial independence of SPH journalists is a "given".
SMT was spun off from media giant Singapore Press Holdings last December, with SPH's media operations restructured and all its media assets transferred to SMT. Khaw said on Thursday that the entity has been building up its talent pool and technology capabilities ever since, and will continue to focus on these two key areas as it focuses on quality, credible journalism.
The SMT chair added that these two areas will see heavy investment, with the government agreeing in principle to support some of the initial investments. He noted that the former SPH had underinvested in talent and technology and "those are the two big pieces of gaps where we have to make the corrections as soon as we can".

New SMT CEO to be appointed​

Separately, Khaw revealed that a new chief executive for SMT will be revealed within the next two weeks.
Interim CEO Patrick Daniel, who stepped down in 2017, had come out of retirement to take up the current role. The 67-year-old spent three decades at SPH and held various roles such as editor-in-chief of the English/Malay/Tamil Media Group.
Khaw, a former minister who oversaw portfolios such as health and transport, retired in 2020 but later accepted the appointment as SMT chairman.
The search for a permanent CEO began almost immediately after Khaw became chairman last May. He said then that the new SMT chief should ideally be Singaporean and digitally savvy. He or she should also be someone who "understands both East and West and is Singaporean at heart - and be among the world's best".

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SPH Media Trust justified in asking for govt funding, new CEO pick in 2 weeks: Khaw

Of course it is. Sinkieland is 党国 and SPH/Mediacorp is 党媒. The Party calls the shots.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle dare to say if he becomes a staff of smt the incumbent ceo will suffer sooner or later to become a puppy :geek: The last cto my uncle beaten was a American born Chinese located in USA orfit he was beaten by my uncle like a fucking puppy over the phone :tongue: Beat fake amdk using singlish in front of a fucking large crowd of timid people leelee gin song.

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle dare to say if he becomes a staff of smt the incumbent ceo will suffer sooner or later to become a puppy :geek: The last cto my uncle beaten was a American born Chinese located in USA orfit he was beaten by my uncle like a fucking puppy over the phone :tongue: Beat fake amdk using singlish in front of a fucking large crowd of timid people leelee gin song.
Imagine in a conference bridge call when major outage occur and timid workers all fear to pickup call and my uncle answered 1st
Cto : who's this
My uncle: who's this .
Cto : slang with anger and my uncle cannot hear wtf this person wanted and who the fuck is this person
My uncle : leepeated who's this and what you need ?
Cto : Chris here. Do you know I'm the cto ? :eek:
My uncle : cto ? So what ? You think you cto I'm scared ?
Cto : become puppy and tone down :biggrin:
Audience: :eek::eek::eek:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine in a conference bridge call when major outage occur and timid workers all fear to pickup call and my uncle answered 1st
Cto : who's this
My uncle: who's this .
Cto : slang with anger and my uncle cannot hear wtf this person wanted and who the fuck is this person
My uncle : leepeated who's this and what you need ?
Cto : Chris here. Do you know I'm the cto ? :eek:
My uncle : cto ? So what ? You think you cto I'm scared ?
Cto : become puppy and tone down :biggrin:
Audience: :eek::eek::eek:
Lesson learnt by the timid workers is that
When a outage occurred and was caused by someone in your team but not yourself, nobody has the right to shout or be rude to you. Cto see the team as 1 person and fucked my uncle but my uncle doesn't give a fuck about this concept becas the fucking problem and carelessness of his team mate is not him so why are the rest scared ? My uncle has no fucking idea:whistling: Final leesult - my uncle bo taichi simplee becas my uncle is a good worker in the eyes of sg orfit and leeleever his scope 100%. :whistling::wink:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lesson learnt by the timid workers is that
When a outage occurred and was caused by someone in your team but not yourself, nobody has the right to shout or be rude to you. Cto see the team as 1 person and fucked my uncle but my uncle doesn't give a fuck about this concept becas the fucking problem and carelessness of his team mate is not him so why are the rest scared ? My uncle has no fucking idea:whistling: Final leesult - my uncle bo taichi simplee becas my uncle is a good worker in the eyes of sg orfit and leeleever his scope 100%. :whistling::wink:
Morale of the story is we can be a slave to a work but not to a person . Do your job wiselee don't be lazy and don't be a ter nao worker scare this scare that not your problem also scare of people like a slave then my uncle will say Ann Chua Lu Mai Kee Si :biggrin: