• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Balls Shrinked! SPH Made Police Leeport on Fake Circulation Numbers!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

SPH Media files police report on circulation inflation following internal probe​

Investigation by its audit and risk committee reveals circulation data inconsistencies and prompts police involvement​

Nisha Rahim
Nisha Rahim
·News and Lifestyle Producer
Wed, 21 June 2023 at 6:26 pm SGT·3-min read

SPH News Centre

SPH News Centre. (PHOTO: Reuters/Caroline Chia)
SINGAPORE — SPH Media Group has filed a police report regarding potential offences discovered during its investigation into the inflation of its circulation numbers.
The media company responsible for publishing daily broadsheet The Straits Times (ST) stated on Wednesday (21 June) that it would fully cooperate with the police, based on recommendations made in a report by the organisation's audit and risk committee. The board had assigned the committee to investigate the exaggerated numbers.
According to The Straits Times, the committee's chairman Max Loh clarified in an internal briefing that the police report did not target specific individuals or entities, but included the investigation's findings.
He emphasised that disclosing more details could prejudice police investigations, and deferred to the authorities for the next steps.
When questioned about specific offences mentioned in the redacted report, Loh explained that it was not the committee's role to determine the offences, and added that the police have access to the un-redacted report.
The report, available on SPH Media's website, also concluded that there was no evidence implicating the journalism and editorial departments in the circulation number overstatement.
The committee had engaged legal advisers Allen and Gledhill, who, in turn, enlisted the assistance of the accounting firm Deloitte for forensic discovery and analysis of relevant data.

Discovery of circulation data inconsistencies​

In January, the SPH Media Trust (SMT) announced that several senior employees had faced consequences or left the company after discovering inconsistencies in circulation data reporting.
The issue was uncovered during an internal review of processes between September 2020 and March 2022, a period that coincided with the restructuring of SPH and the creation of SMT.
According to ST, Loh confirmed that more than 10 people from SMT and SPH were interviewed for the investigation report. However, the report did not include the four staff members who had departed in January, as they had been interviewed during the earlier internal audit.
ST reported that the committee presented a 14-page report to the SMT board on Tuesday, stating that Allen and Gledhill deemed the actions taken against the employees and former employees in January to be "reasonably justified in the circumstances" and in compliance with SMT's policies.
Regarding staff who were still with the company but involved in the matter, Allen and Gledhill found that they had acted under their superiors' instructions and mistakenly believed that the practices directed by their superiors were acceptable within the company.
According to the law firm's findings, which were reported to the audit and risk committee on 16 June, SMT had inflated its daily circulation numbers by 82,600, based on data from August 2021.
This included 49,000 bulk copies from the Newspapers in Education (NIE) fund that was reported but not distributed; 5,000 from a Y Deal; 15,000 from an X Barter deal; 1,900 school copies; 2,300 airline copies; 9,000 agency copies; and 400 copies from subscribers to all-in-one packages.
These numbers accounted for approximately 10 per cent of the reported daily average circulation.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP trotting out the inconsequential dog and pony show to appease citizen's anger.
Let's wait for the more exciting Rideout dog and pony show. Bet it'll have fireworks.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle trying to understand what it means.
Reporting fake circulation numbers means they reported a false data either more than circulated or less than circulated.
According to the law firm's findings, which were reported to the audit and risk committee on 16 June, SMT had inflated its daily circulation numbers by 82,600, based on data from August 2021.
Here it stated inflated by 82,600 means false reporting more than it actually had circulated.
How does false reporting more has any benefits to the doers ?
Report more means more sales means more revenue when it actually has less.
Should report less then can pocket the money.
Correct uncle if uncle is wrong on interpreting it.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle trying to understand what it means.
Reporting fake circulation numbers means they reported a false data either more than circulated or less than circulated.

Here it stated inflated by 82,600 means false reporting more than it actually had circulated.
How does false reporting more has any benefits to the doers ?
Report more means more sales means more revenue when it actually has less.
Should report less then can pocket the money.
Correct uncle if uncle is wrong on interpreting it.
Unless this thing happened - false reported a higher circulation number then walked into sponsors office and claim credits to get some rewards but ownself top up the money of 82k copies ? The rewards claimed is worth more than the topping up amount ?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless this thing happened - false reported a higher circulation number then walked into sponsors office and claim credits to get some rewards but ownself top up the money of 82k copies ? The rewards claimed is worth more than the topping up amount ?
Or this thing happened - false reported a higher circulation number then walked into sponsors office and claim credits to get some rewards then didn't topup the money of the extra circulation I.e account doesn't tally and act blur and thereafter discovered during audit ?
Looks like this is the case.
If this is really the case then uncle would find them stupid as 82k more copies is nothing to be proud of at all and requires so many fools to be involved.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The board had assigned the committee to investigate the exaggerated numbers.
According to The Straits Times, the committee's chairman Max Loh clarified in an internal briefing that the police report did not target specific individuals or entities, but included the investigation's findings.
Huh? Make a police report without naming individuals?

That’s like me making a report that I got raped in my company, but I don’t disclose who!

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wayang inly to.make 60% sinies happy cos erection coming,lol,the rental.of landed conservation are a real case so hey try to smoke bomb ,let see how they going to.explain using government properties as if their own ,how.much they rent the place ? Based on market should be 200 to 300k per mth,lol,papigs really.rich

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn ,the, should drag the ceo n all.those executives out to be charged,cb will.just wayang n fined only lol,typical papigs style,lol,look at hyflux no jail.alolso ,n keppel.just fined,lky is right before he died,that old.man knew,papigs going for a downfall,lol

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh? Make a police report without naming individuals?

That’s like me making a report that I got raped in my company, but I don’t disclose who!
Police said there is no individual nor entity so how to name them ?
Uncle think this means an external force or rather the whole company I.e ownself report high circulation and ownself feel shiok.
Or rather how to name the whole company ?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police said there is no individual nor entity so how to name them ?
Uncle think this means an external force or rather the whole company I.e ownself report high circulation and ownself feel shiok.
Or rather how to name the whole company ?
Wa lao eh like this say buay gam leh.

Every clown company sure got a Maker (the one who compiles the data) and a Checker (the one who verifies). So u already identify these 2 groups of people liao right?