• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2019 - 2020

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I hope OGS gets back to his usual run of good results win one draw one win one draw one and the odd loss will keep in his job and get ManU climbing up the table.

Looks like OGS has bounced back. Good win at Newcastle!

Now they need a draw with PSG away! C'mon OGS!!!!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
_115010617_times.jpg

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Players must raise their game for manager and club. Otherwise OGS will e shown the door. Poch and his team of trainers are itching to return. The opportunity will be there for him by December. Methinks Tuchel would be the favorite to lose his job.
Make no mistake-Ed and company wants Poch, the church mouse , to be the next 'long term' manager at United. He's a perfect fit where the Glazers are concerned.
If Poch takes over the hot seat, you can expect a mega bid for Kane to come over.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How tomorrow home to Gooners?

SUN 01 NOV 2020PREMIER LEAGUE
Manchester United 16:30 Arsenal
Venue: Old Trafford
Manchester United v Arsenal
BBC Last updated on30 October 202030 October 2020.From the sectionPremier League
Arsenal's David Luiz is treated for an injury against Leicester

Arsenal's David Luiz injured his left thigh during last weekend's defeat by Leicester

TEAM NEWS
Manchester United defender Alex Telles has tested positive for Covid-19 and so misses the game while he self-isolates.
Anthony Martial, who scored his first goal of the season against RB Leipzig on Thursday, serves the final match of a three-game ban.

Arsenal's David Luiz is set to miss out because of a thigh injury sustained during Sunday's defeat by Leicester.
Manager Mikel Arteta will bring back a host of first-team regulars who were rested for Thursday's win over Dundalk.

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
Arsenal defender David Luiz is out injured so I am not sure whether Gunners boss Mikel Arteta will stick with his system of playing three at the back without the Brazilian.
Arteta's side have lost three of their past four league games but during that spell it is up front where they have not really been firing.
I am going with United here, even though they did not create much against Chelsea last week either.
Their 5-0 win over RB Leipzig was obviously a very good result in the end, but a flurry of late goals and a superb performance off the bench by Marcus Rashford put a bit of a gloss on it because there wasn't much between the sides, certainly in the first half.
Prediction: 2-0
Lawro's full predictions v The Rap Game UK judge DJ Target
Manchester United have led for just 43 minutes in the 2020-21 Premier League season so far

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• Manchester United are winless in the past four league meetings (D2, L2).
  • However, they are unbeaten in 13 home league games against Arsenal since a 1-0 defeat in September 2006 (W8, D5).
  • The Gunners haven't kept a Premier League clean sheet at Old Trafford since 2009.
  • They are aiming to win back-to-back Premier League matches against Manchester United for the first time since 2006-07.
Manchester United
  • Manchester United have taken one point from three matches at Old Trafford this season. They haven't failed to win any of their first four home league games of the season since 1972-73.
  • They are without a home league win in five games, their longest such run since February 1990.
  • United have already conceded 12 goals, their worst defensive record after five matches of a top-flight season for 60 years.
  • This will be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's 100th game in charge of Manchester United (W55, D21, L23).
  • Donny van de Beek has had just 64 minutes of Premier League action in 2020-21 but has been on the pitch when United have scored five of their nine goals.
Arsenal
  • Arsenal could lose three league games in a row for the first time under Mikel Arteta.
  • They could also fail to score in three consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since 2016.
  • The Gunners have lost six of their past nine Premier League away matches.
  • Arteta's side have kept only one clean sheet in their last 11 league fixtures.
  • Arsenal have averaged just 8.8 shots and 1.3 goals per game in this season's Premier League, their lowest tallies since 1997-98 and 1995-96 respectively.
  • Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has gone five league matches without a goal, his worst run since November 2014 when he was playing for Borussia Dortmund.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
OGS never learn his lesson. Bench Pogba and freeze him out. Meulenstein gave the most accurate assessment on this nigger. Meu and Fergie were aware of his weakness but the player refused to step up and chose to move to Juve. Why bring him back????!!!!!!!:mad:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
OGS never learn his lesson. Bench Pogba and freeze him out. Meulenstein gave the most accurate assessment on this nigger. Meu and Fergie were aware of his weakness but the player refused to step up and chose to move to Juve. Why bring him back????!!!!!!!:mad:
Doing very well in CL though! Go OGS!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Istanbul Basaksehir 2-1 Man Utd: Demba Ba scores 'comical' goal,
what now for Solskjaer?

Istanbul Basaksehir

Before facing Manchester United, Istanbul Basaksehir had not scored a goal or claimed a point in the Champions League

It was a goal that has been described as "never ever seen" before...for all the wrong reasons.
The 35-year-old former Premier League striker Demba Ba could not believe his luck, being given the freedom of the city to run clear and score Istanbul Basaksehir's first ever Champions League goal.

Edin Visca doubled the lead for the Turkish champions courtesy of further poor defending and although Anthony Martial pulled a goal back, United could not salvage a result and Basaksehir picked up their first win in the competition.
But despite making history, the opening goal was all that everyone was talking about.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who is now under severe pressure, said: "The first one is that we play a short corner and forget about the man up top. That is unforgivable."

'Comical' and 'computer game' defending
Demba Ba

Man Utd had no player anywhere close to their half of the pitch, allowing Ba a clear run at Henderson

How the first goal unfolded was utterly astounding.
United had a corner which they played short and took their time getting into the box, the ball eventually dropped loose and allowed Visca to look up and punt a long pass upfield.
With United's defence deserting their duties, the aging Ba had a one-on-one with goalkeeper Dean Henderson from the halfway line, before coolly rolling in.
Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes said on BT Sport: "It is completely down to organisation. It's like under-10s football. Embarrassing. What the defence were doing I have no idea.
"The goal is comical, laughable. That can only be a player's fault, that's not down to the staff or the coaches."
Former United defender Rio Ferdinand said: "You wouldn't see this on Hackney Marshes. Where is the defending? There is zero organisation. Where is the person organising that? Absolutely crazy.
"I hope Ole is telling them they are embarrassing him. I hope he is very animated in the dressing room because those players need a rocket."
Ex-United striker Robin van Persie said: "I have never ever seen a goal conceded like it. Defensively it is so very poor."
Solskjaer added: "You don't see goals like that at this level. You shouldn't concede easy goals like that. When you concede goals like that it makes winning matches a lot harder.
"We have not done our roles, it is my responsibility. A short corner and we forgot our defending duties."

Solskjaer 'declines to comment' on sack talk
United were humiliated 6-1 at home by Tottenham last month, but recovered by winning three of the next four games, which included a draw against Chelsea.
But after Sunday's poor showing in the 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford against Arsenal and another abject performance in Istanbul, the back-to-back defeats pile the pressure on boss Solskjaer.
United have not won their last six at home in the league, while defeat by Basaksehir ended a run of 10 straight wins on the road.
Despite the international break looming, Van Persie said he is not a "big fan of sacking coaches", while ex-United midfielder Owen Hargreaves called Saturday's fixture against Everton a "huge game".
Asked if he fears for his job, Solskjaer said: "I decline to comment on such a thing. It is early on. Opinions are there all the time. We have to stay strong.
"I am employed by the club to do a job and I'm doing that to the best of my ability with my staff."
After the game, #OleOut, the phrase "lose to Everton", and "Poch" - in reference to former Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino - were all trending on social media.
FA Cup banner

• Watch 13 first-round ties on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website and app this weekend. Find out more here.
FA Cup footer
Analysis - 'Solskjaer on the back foot'
BBC Sport's Simon Stone:
These are worrying times for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Mauricio Pochettino's appearance on Sky Sports on Monday was a reminder of his availability - and given he was on a three-man shortlist to replace Louis van Gaal in 2016, eventually losing out to Jose Mourinho, evidently there is an attraction there on both sides.
United sources flatly rejected suggestions Solskjaer's job was under threat in the aftermath of that 6-1 humiliation by Tottenham at the beginning of October but there did seem to be peril in the following fixtures that contained meetings with Paris St-Germain, RB Leipzig, Chelsea and Arsenal amongst others.
Nobody thought the greatest peril lurked in Turkey.
Nobody - players, coaches or manager - came out of the debacle of Demba Ba's opener with any credit. Paul Scholes labelled it "under-10s defending". That United's players managed to get themselves into that ridiculous position suggests a lack of game intelligence and adherence to whatever plan was put in place for the game by Solskjaer and his staff. Assistant manager Mike Phelan can be seen pointing to Nemanja Matic, alerting him to the danger. Evidently, any plea to address the situation went unheeded.
It all leaves Solskjaer on the back foot, heading to Everton, where by his own admission he endured his worst day as United boss, when his side lost 4-0 in 2019, after which he vowed to ensure such embarrassments did not happen again.
The problem for the Norwegian is that they have returned, and keep on coming back. It is not terminal for Solskjaer just yet. But he needs to change the narrative otherwise the spectre of Pochettino will get bigger and bigger.
What you said on #bbcfootball:
Linda: The players know the basics so you can't blame the manager for that. They just can't be bothered. Maybe they want Ole gone? They are certainly going the right way about it. Disgusting.
Garry: It's time for a change. I would like to see some passion and belief in the shirt, there comes a point when the team go with you or they are against you and this is that time.
Tony Keating: When will they learn that shambolic defending does not win games, switch on and stay switched on. Ole give me a call if you want some help.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
They can keep changing managers but so long Woodward is there nothing really change
Woodward was pretty good when SAF was around.

I still believe in OGS. Give him time. He was often the one who scored last minute.

So I think later on he will come good just like his playing days.