• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2019 - 2020

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If OGS loses this weekend, he will be fired. They will parachute Poch to the hot seat. Like OGS, a nice character but methinks he's too rigid with tactics and very naive when it comes to managing players. Poor sod. Sack him!!!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poch will end up like Mourinho. Seriously why the obsession w him ? Has he won anything ? They have tried everything trophy winning managers previous players as well as ex PL manager. Nothing working.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bruno Fernandes bails Ole Gunnar Solskjaer out of trouble once again
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...e-bruno-fernandes-solskjaer-epl-b1672141.html
Bruno-Fernandes1.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If ManU wins their game in hand they are only 2 points off the top of the table!

This season is very close between almost all the top 12 teams. Anyone could win the league literally.

Southampton?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poch will end up like Mourinho. Seriously why the obsession w him ? Has he won anything ? They have tried everything trophy winning managers previous players as well as ex PL manager. Nothing working.
Poch works quietly and is a proven manager with young players at Spurs as well as Southampton. If United fails to qualify for the knockout stages, Ole should take the rap. The Istanbul game shows up his weakness. The same with DG two seasons ago and last nights game against PSG. Poor judgement.:mad:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poch works quietly and is a proven manager with young players at Spurs as well as Southampton. If United fails to qualify for the knockout stages, Ole should take the rap. The Istanbul game shows up his weakness. The same with DG two seasons ago and last nights game against PSG. Poor judgement.:mad:
This season is the OT curse. They cannot seem to do well on home turf. Maybe it’s the fans or the lack of.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like Group H is turning into a group of death. :biggrin:

If RB Leipzig beats Man United it'll be back to the Europa League for Solskjaer... which probably is his level anyway. :wink:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
OGS will qualify for knockout Fancy a draw with Leipzig.

Have faith in OGS. If they win the game in hand in the EPL they are only 2 points off the top of the table.

Give him time.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mediocre Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told to ‘get his coat’ as Simon Jordan urges Manchester United to bring in Mauricio Pochettino, Antonio Conte or Diego Simeone as next manager
https://talksport.com/football/7990...united-pochettino-conte-simeone-next-manager/
By Joe Moore
3rd December 2020, 1:48 pm

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been told to ‘get his coat’ and Manchester United urged to replace him with an elite manager more deserving of the biggest job in world football.

The Red Devils boss is facing the latest calls for his head following his side’s 3-1 defeat at home to Paris Saint-Germain, which leaves the club’s Champions League last-16 hopes hanging in the balance

And talkSPORT pundit Simon Jordan says it’s about time the ‘mediocre’ coach leaves Old Trafford, claiming ‘they’ll finish writing the doomsday book’ before United win anything of merit with the Norwegian in charge.
https://talksport.com/football/7990...nited-pochettino-conte-simeone-next-manager/#
United are left needing a draw in their final group game against Leipzig next Tuesday to go through
Questions have been asked over Solskjaer’s leadership after his failure to substitute midfielder Fred after he escaped a red card for headbutting a PSG player.

The Brazilian was on a yellow card for the majority of the match, but remained on the pitch until the 70th minute when he was eventually sent off with a second booking.
And that call blew up in the manager’s face after the game, as his side’s dreadful form at home this season continued.
United have been brilliant on the road, with eight straight away wins in the Premier League – a new club record – but have won just three of their eight matches in all competitions at Old Trafford this term.
Solskjaer admitted after the game he got it wrong and Fred probably should’ve been subbed
Solskjaer admitted after the game he got it wrong and Fred probably should’ve been subbed
And Jordan believes it’s game over for Solskjaer, as he named three top managers the club should now be targeting.
Asked what Solskjaer needs to do to fix his problems at Old Trafford, Jordan told talkSPORT host Jim White: “I don’t think he should be doing anything besides from getting his coat.
“The thing with me and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is I don’t like the fact that mediocrity gets rewarded.
“This is the biggest job in world football, in my view. I know the Real Madrids, Barcelonas, and Bayern Munichs would all contest that, but in my mind the poster boy of the biggest league in the world, the Premier League, is Manchester United.
“And if you go to mediocrity, you’re going to get mediocrity in return. That’s my bugbear with Solskjaer. A team reflects its leadership.

Manchester United fan Danny's passionate rant on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - He's managed Cardiff and Molde - anyone could manage them!
“It’s easy to take a swipe at him, but when you’re in the box seat, when you’re in the biggest job in world football and you’ve been there for two years… he got a pass at the back end of last season which has distorted the view of what Man United really are – a very average side with some very highly priced footballers who aren’t performing at the level that they should be.
“With Ole in charge it’s going to be a bloody long-term project, they’ll finish writing the doomsday book before Solskjaer wins anything of merit with Manchester United.
“I wouldn’t have appointed him in the first place because I think he represents mediocrity. I think he’s a thoroughly decent football person but Manchester United don’t need a DECENT football person, they need an EXCELLENT football person who is capable of taking them to the next level.
Man United have been told they should be after managers like former Tottenham boss Pochettino and ex-Chelsea coach Conte

Man United have been told they should be after managers like former Tottenham boss Pochettino and ex-Chelsea coach Conte
Simeone has spent nine years in charge at Atletico Madrid – would he leave Spain for the prospect of taking over at Manchester United?

Simeone has spent nine years in charge at Atletico Madrid – would he leave Spain for the prospect of taking over at Manchester United?
“I would look at three names, if I want swashbuckling, brave front-foot football, but that hasn’t won anything yet, I’d probably give Mauricio Pochettino a very significant look.
“If I want someone who is capable of winning something but is very difficult to manage, I’d look at Antonio Conte.
“If I want somebody who is going to change the DNA, change the culture of the club and change the fibre of the characters inside the club, I might look at Diego Simeone.
“You’re the biggest club in the world, and in this world you can get anything you want if you’re prepared to pay for it.”

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's alot to like about Fred. He's a bull terrier in the squad with probably the highest work rate. Not much else between the ears. If Ole had his numbers right, he would have realized that he need not win at Istanbul. A soak and strike strategy would suffice. Ole should have replaced Fred in the PSG game after his yellow card. What was he thinking?!!!! Against a top club like PSG, every man counts and you're not likely to get away with it.
I wouldn't be surprise if they struggle at Leipzig. The only silver lining is Cavani looks sharp and he could just nick it for us.:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
West Ham United 17:30 Manchester United
Venue: London Stadium
West Ham United v Manchester United
Close-up of Marcus Rashford

Marcus Rashford was unable to complete a training session on Friday because of his shoulder problem

TEAM NEWS
West Ham will be without forward Michail Antonio, who has a new hamstring problem.
Andriy Yarmolenko is in contention after recovering from coronavirus but Ryan Fredericks could miss out with a groin injury.

Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford is nursing an ongoing shoulder complaint, although he might still be involved this weekend.
Defenders Luke Shaw and Phil Jones are United's only definite absentees.

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
West Ham are on a great run and are looking for their fourth straight win. I spoke to their manager, and my friend, David Moyes during the week and he told me Aston Villa were the better team during the 2-1 win and that his side were lucky to come away with three points.
Having said that, he has got his team competing well and they're difficult to play against - Moysie might also feel he has a point to prove this weekend against his old employers.
United come into this game on the back of that loss against Paris Saint-Germain and with their Champions League hopes still hanging in the balance, although I don't think that will play on their minds at the London Stadium.
The issue I have is that I don't think manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has come to terms with his best team or has established a definitive way of playing.
They're very good in attack at times, but Anthony Martial looks like a world beater one week and a debutant the next. At least Edinson Cavani has proved he's still a great finisher. At the moment a lot of members of the United side are playing at six out of 10 level though.
Prediction: 1-1
Lawro's full predictions v Sister Bliss from Faithless
Manchester United have won a league-high 12 points from losing positions this term

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• Manchester United have won just three of the past 11 league meetings (D5, L3).
  • The Hammers could beat United for a third successive home league game, which they haven't achieved since a run of four victories between 1974-77.
  • This will be only the fourth Premier League fixture between the clubs with West Ham starting above United in the table.
West Ham United
  • West Ham have won five of their past eight league matches, including the last three in a row.
  • Seventeen points is their second highest Premier League tally after 10 games. They accrued 20 at the same stage in 2015-16.
  • The Hammers have only been beaten once in their past seven home league fixtures (W4, D2).
  • They have opened the scoring in five consecutive league games, their longest run since March 2006.
  • Under David Moyes, West Ham have won only two of their 20 league matches against established top-six opposition (D7, L11).
  • Six of their 17 league goals this season have been scored in the final 15 minutes of games.
  • Moyes won 17 and lost 11 of his 34 Premier League matches in charge of Manchester United during the 2013-14 season.
Manchester United
  • Manchester United have won three successive Premier League fixtures.
  • They are on a club record run of eight successive away league victories.
  • United could win their opening five away league games in a season for the first time since 1985-86. They have gone behind in all four league matches on the road so far.
  • Since Bruno Fernandes' Premier League debut, the Red Devils have earned a league-high 2.09 points per game.
  • Fernandes could become the first United player to score in six consecutive away league appearances since Denis Law in 1964.
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is winless in both Premier League fixtures as a manager versus David Moyes (D1, L1).

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just get rid of this over-hyped fella, before the market drops.
Don't think there was any real value past and this season

_115928374_mirror.jpg