• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2013/2014

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes MC fans are far better than MU and Liverpool fans. As for Liverpool, SG has got enough trophies already that no one needs to be sorry for him if he never wins the League title.

Isn't it a blessing in disguise to not qualify for Europa League? No midweek distraction, and not need for the team to fly off to faraway exotic places such as Russia or Greece or Israel for matches. The money is shit and not worth the trouble.

Also, Man City fans are far less annoying than Liverpool fans. If Man City wins the title, so be it. It has a far more complete team and very good strikers.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
News on appointment embargoed to after this week's final game?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27299709

Louis van Gaal wants Manchester United manager's job

By Dan Roan
BBC chief sports correspondent

Louis van Gaal has told BBC Sport he wants to become the new manager of Manchester United.

The 62-year-old Netherlands boss has been the overwhelming favourite for the role since the dismissal of David Moyes on 22 April.
"I would love the job," said Van Gaal. "I hope that I shall be the one. It's the biggest club in the world and it's a fantastic challenge."
It is anticipated United will confirm the appointment early next week.

Van Gaal major titles
Ajax: Three league titles, Champions League, Uefa Cup, Uefa Super Cup
Barcelona: Two league titles, Copa del Rey and Uefa Super Cup
AZ Alkmaar: League title
Bayern Munich: League title and DFB Pokal

Van Gaal was speaking at the start of a three-day World Cup training camp. With Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola and his Borussia Dortmund counterpart Jurgen Klopp ruled out of the running in the very early stages, interim boss Ryan Giggs deemed too inexperienced and Carlo Ancelotti's position at Real Madrid made more secure by the Spanish giants reaching the Champions League final, Van Gaal has become the front-runner.

But despite the huge speculation surrounding him, the Dutchman is refusing to accept the job is his.
"You (the media) are thinking I'm the man but the most important thing is whether Manchester United are thinking that," he said.
"You have to wait and see what the club decides. It's always the same - it's always a process and you have to wait for the process, the press are always too fast."
Van Gaal will not be free to join United until after the World Cup.

And it is clear he is not willing to allow discussion over his future to interfere with his plans for Brazil, having failed to qualify for the 2002 tournament in his first spell with the Netherlands.
"I have to focus on my job," he said. "I am coach of the Dutch national team. I have waited a long time to be in a World Cup so that's very important.
"This doesn't affect me. I have always had offers. I know what the football world is and what it means."

United had already ruled out any formal announcement this week. That timescale may have something to do with a planned meeting on Friday between Giggs and executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward for discussions about the Welshman's future.

The 40-year-old has yet to accept any coaching position with the Old Trafford outfit and, after introducing himself as a second-half substitute against Hull, he revealed it was still to be decided whether he would extend his playing career by another year.

Giggs has already ruled out the possibility of playing for another club, meaning his 963rd appearance for his United could turn out to be his last

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Last summer I remember all the so called 'pundits' saying how good a choice David Moyes was for the Man Utd manager.
It takes a special kind of person to manage Man Utd and let me be the first to say that Van Gaal is NOT that person. No doubt he has an impressive CV but he is not in the same league as Mourinho or Guardiola.

I will give him until Christmas 2014 before Man Utd sack him.

United are entering a new phase in their history (post SAF) where they will struggle IMHO.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last summer I remember all the so called 'pundits' saying how good a choice David Moyes was for the Man Utd manager.
...special kind of person to manage Man Utd and let me be the first to say that Van Gaal is NOT that person.
I will give him until Christmas 2014 before Man Utd sack him.
United are entering a new phase in their history (post SAF) where they will struggle IMHO.
Jury is still out on LVG. But imho, there's a big diff: DM never had the stature. Dressing room will not be quite the same, post DM with this tough cookie (or at least we get the impression!):

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27479980

Not too sure on your odds of LVG gets walking ticket come xmas. But you are right on United getting into a new phase. Hopefully, they can get out of the blxxdy rut past season. Top 4 cut is not beyond us.

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LVG will be the no nonsense type , not very friendly towards others but may have sufficient man management skills to manage his players. I dont figure he will tolerate those prima donna ego types. He should be able to put the house in order and MU will be in the top 4 mix next season.

Jury is still out on LVG. But imho, there's a big diff: DM never had the stature. Dressing room will not be quite the same, post DM with this tough cookie (or at least we get the impression!):

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27479980

Not too sure on your odds of LVG gets walking ticket come xmas. But you are right on United getting into a new phase. Hopefully, they can get out of the blxxdy rut past season. Top 4 cut is not beyond us.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Louis Van Gaal rates FOUR Man Utd stars and is preparing huge overhaul
WAYNE ROONEY is one of just FOUR players in current Manchester United side that Louis Van Gaal rates.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...-Man-Utd-stars-and-is-preparing-huge-overhaul

New United boss Van Gaal is ready to embark on a huge squad transformation this summer in an attempt to build a new title challenging team at Old Trafford.

And of the current squad, the Holland manager has higlighted only David De Gea, Juan Mata, Robin Van Persie and Rooney as players he believes are good enough to be mainstays of the new-look side.

That means the likes of Danny Welbeck, Michael Carrick, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones will all have the pre-season to prove they are good enough to be part of Van Gaal's new era.

United's seventh-placed finish in the Premier League last season has given the new manager the opportunity to make drastic changes to the playing squad.

Few players could have any complaints if they were deemed surplus to requirements, such was their alarming loss of form over the entire campaign.

“Only four can be certain their long-term futures remain at Old Trafford”

But many thought there would still be eight or nine who Van Gaal would happily keep in his plans from day one.

Yet it is now clear only four can be certain their long-term futures remain at Old Trafford.

De Gea is an obvious pick, but the fact Mata, Van Persie and Rooney are the only others suggests Van Gaal is prepared for a complete overhaul in midfield.

The defence needs major changes anyway following the departures of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic, with Patrice Evra also set for the exit.

Carrick would have thought he would be a shoe-in for a central midfield berth, but even he has work to do to convince Van Gaal he can still perform at the highest level.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd agree deal with Bayern Munich for Toni Kroos

MANCHESTER UNITED have agreed a deal with Bayern Munich for attacker Toni Kroos.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ootball-news+(Daily+Express+::+Football+Feed)

The Red Devils have been in talks with the Bundesliga champions over a suitable deal for the last two months, but David Moyes' sacking created an obstacle.

However, reports claim the deal has made significant progression after Louis Van Gaal formally replaced the Scot on Monday, with the 'principles of an agreement' now in place.

The Germany midfielder is approaching the final year of his contract and Bayern are looking to sell to avoid Kroos leaving on a free next summer.

And the Dutch boss is keen to make the 24-year-old one of his first signings as he looks to rebuild a broken United.

Van Gaal is understood to have a £200m budget to play with in the summer, with both the midfield and defence desperately in need of new talent.

Next season United will be without Nemanja Vidic (Inter Milan), Rio Ferdinand (free) and long-term attacker Ryan Giggs, who will take the position on Van Gaal's assistant manager.

Left-back Patrice Evra could also be on his way out of Old Trafford, with Luke Shaw reportedly close to signing as his replacement from Southampton.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And the pace hots up ...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/379768/Luke-Shaw-on-the-brink-of-becoming-the-first-signing-of-the-Louis-Van-Gaal-era-at-Man-Utd

Luke Shaw on the brink of becoming the first signing of the Louis Van Gaal era at Man Utd
SOUTHAMPTON'S teen sensation Luke Shaw is poised to become the first signing of the Louis Van Gaal era at Manchester United.

Starsport understands the deal is all but done and the 18-year-old left back will become Van Gaal's first signing for around £30m.

The new United boss has been handed a £200m warchest at Old Trafford and he isn't hanging around in spending it.

It means the end at United for Patrice Evra.

It also means that Van Gaal has immediately been able to do what David Moyes tried unsuccessfully to do during his 10-month reign - replace the Frenchman.

This deal could also have wider implications on the future of Mauricio Pochettino at Southampton.

The Argentine boss has been linked with the vacant Tottenham job and if the South Coast club start offloading their prize assets Pochettino could be tempted to follow suit and jump ship.

Van Gaal is also interested in signing Kevin Strootman, Toni Kroos and Mats Hummels.

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if they really undertake such a major overhaul in this World Cup year then team understanding and cohesion could be an issue for the 2014/2015 campaign. They would fare better than Spurs of course when Spurs had their large squad transfusion, but it would still be difficult.

They would need time to gel.

Louis Van Gaal rates FOUR Man Utd stars and is preparing huge overhaul
WAYNE ROONEY is one of just FOUR players in current Manchester United side that Louis Van Gaal rates.

That means the likes of Danny Welbeck, Michael Carrick, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones will all have the pre-season to prove they are good enough to be part of Van Gaal's new era.

United's seventh-placed finish in the Premier League last season has given the new manager the opportunity to make drastic changes to the playing squad.

Few players could have any complaints if they were deemed surplus to requirements, such was their alarming loss of form over the entire campaign.

“Only four can be certain their long-term futures remain at Old Trafford”

But many thought there would still be eight or nine who Van Gaal would happily keep in his plans from day one.

Yet it is now clear only four can be certain their long-term futures remain at Old Trafford.

De Gea is an obvious pick, but the fact Mata, Van Persie and Rooney are the only others suggests Van Gaal is prepared for a complete overhaul in midfield.

The defence needs major changes anyway following the departures of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic, with Patrice Evra also set for the exit.

Carrick would have thought he would be a shoe-in for a central midfield berth, but even he has work to do to convince Van Gaal he can still perform at the highest level.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Finally sliver of hope even if they don't land their kroos or reus they will b able to quali champions league bcos LVG will whip the young n nani into shape. But for sure they nid to sign a defensive lynchpin. I think the back 4 shld b priority over all else

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-Trafford-boss-sets-sights-Arjen-Robben.html

Manchester United seal £20m deal for Toni Kroos as Louis van Gaal gives his approval... and new Old Trafford boss now sets sights on Arjen Robben

United have agreed a deal for Bayern Munich midfielder Kroos
The Red Devils are now set to make a move for Robben
United are understood to have agreed a £27m deal for Luke Shaw
Borussia Dortmund's Mats Hummels is one of Louis van Gaal's targets

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Though I would love Man U to have some Dutch flair, I dun think Van Gaal is the right man to manage Man U, cox he's at "Roy Hodgson" era.... a bit old fashion approach on soccer thinking....

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27614216

Malcolm Glazer dies: Man Utd's former owner dies aged 85
Malcolm Glazer, the billionaire who led a controversial takeover of Manchester United, has died aged 85.

The Glazer family purchased United for £790m in May 2005 amid protests from the Premier League club's fans.

Analysis
Richard Conway
BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent "Malcolm Glazer never set foot in Old Trafford but was a figurehead of that controversial takeover of Manchester United.

"In terms of practicalities and the day-to-day running of the club, very little will change and the business will continue to be run on the same basis it has been for a number of years.

"The club's debt payments have been reduced, but I think it is fair to say fan anger over those debts remains and will not go away."
However, they went on to win five Premier League titles and the Champions League under his ownership.

The New York-born American's sons, Joel and Avram, took over the day-to-day running of the club after their father suffered a stroke in April 2006.

"The thoughts of everyone at Manchester United are with his family," said a spokesman for the Premier League club.

The Glazer family retain a 90% share in United - split equally among Glazer's six children - with 10% listed on the New York Stock Exchange.

Glazer, who never actually set foot inside Old Trafford, gradually bought out United shareholders between 2003 and 2005.

His takeover was largely funded by loans secured against the club's assets, a move that took them heavily into debt and sat uneasily with many fans at Old Trafford.

Manchester United Supporters' Trust vice-chair Sean Bones said: "It would be inappropriate for me to make any comment about the death of Malcolm Glazer as I didn't know him or his family personally.

"However, as a supporter, I am aware of the detrimental effect the Glazers have had on the football club and the huge debt that has been placed on Manchester United."

Supporters' group Shareholders United were one of the most vociferous anti-Glazer voices during the takeover, and in the aftermath.

In 2010, a group of lifelong United fans made up of City bankers and lawyers set up the Red Knights consortium in an attempt to buy the club with the support of fans, but their plans failed.

From family store to billionaire
•1928: Born to a Lithuanian family which emigrated to the United States and grew up in Rochester, New York State
•1943: First cuts his teeth in business via the family's store, selling watch parts following the death of his father
•1989: Having transformed his small inheritance into a growing business empire, attempt to buy motorcycle firm Harley-Davidson ends in failure
•1995: Pays $192m for Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL team
•2003: Buccaneers win the Super Bowl and Glazer buys first shares in Manchester United
•2005: Glazer family complete controversial £790m takeover at Old Trafford - yet a large part of that sum is borrowed, prompting protests from fans
The club had no debts before the Glazer family takeover but now owe around £400m. Yet, despite a turbulent 2013-14 season which resulted in the sacking of manager David Moyes, United still generate record revenue, with turnover set to exceed £418m in the 2013-14 financial year.

Glazer was also the owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he will be remembered much more fondly for turning one of American football's least successful franchises into Super Bowl winners following his takeover in 1995.

Former Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden, who led the team to that Super Bowl triumph, said: "He was a friend and a trailblazer. I'll miss him and I thank him for believing in me. My condolences to the Glazer family and to the Bucs organization."

Hall of Fame defensive tackle Warren Sapp, who played a major part in the Super Bowl XXXVII success, tweeted: "One time for my owner & great man #RipBoss."

Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy also took to Twitter to pay tribute: "Rest in peace to the driving force that helped transform the organization that changed my life forever. Forever grateful!!"

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell added: "Malcolm Glazer was the guiding force behind the building of a Super Bowl-champion organisation.

"His dedication to the community was evident in all he did, including his leadership in bringing Super Bowls to Tampa Bay. Malcolm's commitment to the Bucs, the NFL and the people of the Tampa Bay region are the hallmarks of his legacy."

Glazer's business career started when he took over the family watch-parts business aged 15, following the death of his father.

He invested in other businesses and acquired a diverse portfolio of international holdings and public companies, including First Allied, Zapata Corporation, Houlihan's Restaurant Chain, Harley Davidson, Formica, Tonka, Specialty Equipment and Omega Protein.

Glazer is survived by his wife Linda, his six children and 14 grandchildren.