• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2013/2014

jw5

Loyal
The lack of quality is obvious but they more than make up for this with the collective effort of all the players and the system they play. Under Moyes, we have no system and the players looked clueless when they're on the pitch.

Read recently that he was planning another raid for players from his ex-club. It only goes on to show that the manager is not willing to adapt and change his ways. We're FARKED!!!!!!!

Collective effort, system, tactics, determination, mentality, etc are all lacking, part of the missing edge factor.

Moyes has kept certain things (or players) that needed to be changed and changed certain things that should have been kept.
But it's not totally his fault. The players also need to adapt to certain things and I don't agree with Ferdinand's comment about naming the team late. That is something the players should adapt. But these days, many of the players are a bunch of spoilt brats and Moyes simply doesn't have the stature or influence to control or change them.

To put it simply, the whole lot of them, manager, coaching staff and players simply are not clicking and goodness knows how long it will take for them to do.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd need to get rid of...............

01) Welbeck
02) Anderson
03) Giggs
04) Cleverley
05) Fletcher
06) Nani
07) Valencia
08) Young
09) Carrick
10) Ferdinand
11) Raphael
12) Fabio

13) Moyes

don't tell them ah.................

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as I've predicted.................Man Utd will fall much faster than Liverpool did in the 90's............

this is only the beginning unless they spend big to replace a lot of the old or useless players in the team...........

hope Moyes will stay for years to come...........

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd fan commits suicide after loss to Newcastle. :eek:

Man-U fan commits suicide after his team lost
Updated Sunday, December 8th 2013 at 09:46 GMT +3
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?art...man-u-fan-commits-suicide-after-his-team-lost

A man believed to be a fan of Manchester United Football Club committed suicide Saturday night in Nairobi’s Pipeline estate after the team lost 1-0 to Newcastle.

Police said John Jimmy Macharia aged 23 jumped to his death from the 7th floor of a building he was after learning his team had lost in the Saturday evening match.

According to Nairobi County police chief Benson Kibue, Macharia told his friends he could not stand and watch the team beaten in a row before he leapt down dying on the spot.

“All witness accounts suggest he committed suicide because the team lost but officers are still talking to those who were with him as part of the investigations into the incident,” he said.

Kibue advised the youth in the city to realise the English Premier League just like any other sport is a game and they should not be emotional with it.

“It is not the first time we are losing a young man because of the football in England, which is far away from us. They need to know that is just a game,” said Kibue.

The body was later removed and taken to the mortuary by police who arrived there. Macharia is said to have landed on his head dying instantly.

Manchester United slumped to their second home Premier League defeat in the space of four days as Yohan Cabaye's goal gave Newcastle a first league victory at Old Trafford since 1972.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Collective effort, system, tactics, determination, mentality, etc are all lacking, part of the missing edge factor.

Moyes has kept certain things (or players) that needed to be changed and changed certain things that should have been kept.
But it's not totally his fault. The players also need to adapt to certain things and I don't agree with Ferdinand's comment about naming the team late. That is something the players should adapt. But these days, many of the players are a bunch of spoilt brats and Moyes simply doesn't have the stature or influence to control or change them.

To put it simply, the whole lot of them, manager, coaching staff and players simply are not clicking and goodness knows how long it will take for them to do.

Moyes has to adapt and build on the foundations that SAF and the staff have laid. It's not as if they were bottom dwellers last season or the seasons before. Incremental changes is the way to go and he can start with the strength and depth of the squad.

Naming the squad late cuts both ways and it is closely linked to the tactics you will deploy on match day. You'll probably use it if you expect certain players to pass a late fitness test. If you do it early, you will give players time to adjust coz all the players have their strengths and weaknesses. Moreover it gives players a look into the strategy for the game and it is entirely up to them to execute it as best they can.

I really dun know here Moyes is going with the club. His former club has exceeded all expectations under Martinez thus far and they appear to enjoy their football a lot more.:mad:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really dun know here Moyes is going with the club. His former club has exceeded all expectations under Martinez thus far and they appear to enjoy their football a lot more.:mad:

Maybe it was Moyes who kept Everton from reaching its fullest potential. A shit manager will be found out sooner or later, at any club. :wink:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is wat u get for getting a cheap manager n one with small team mentality . Worse the management team is changed. Clueless balless cashless n of course winless

jw5

Loyal
Moyes has to adapt and build on the foundations that SAF and the staff have laid. It's not as if they were bottom dwellers last season or the seasons before. Incremental changes is the way to go and he can start with the strength and depth of the squad.

Naming the squad late cuts both ways and it is closely linked to the tactics you will deploy on match day. You'll probably use it if you expect certain players to pass a late fitness test. If you do it early, you will give players time to adjust coz all the players have their strengths and weaknesses. Moreover it gives players a look into the strategy for the game and it is entirely up to them to execute it as best they can.

Yah, but naming the team late will also keep all of them focused and prepared just in case there are any last minute dropouts through injury especially in the warmups, which used to happen to the likes of Vidic, Ferdinand and Evans in recent years.

Although Moyes has a lot to learn including from Fergie, what I am quite sure is happening is that the players are constantly harping "Sir Alex this" and "Sir Alex that", which for sure is a major reason why they have lost their edge in so many areas.
Moyes and his coaching staff need to get smarter and more humble, but so do the spoilt brat players.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is that idiot livng on Mars or what??! :*::rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25282245

David Moyes: Manchester United can still win Premier League title
By Chris Bevan BBC Sport at Old Trafford

David Moyes insists his Manchester United side are still in the Premier League title race despite suffering two home defeats in the space of four days.

United are 12 points behind leaders Arsenal, who play Everton on Sunday.

After a 1-0 loss to Newcastle followed defeat by Everton , Moyes said: "I stand firm we will be very close. I hope we are in it at the end of the season."

When asked why he was so confident, he said: "The players - because I am working with the champions."

Saturday saw Newcastle clinch their first win at Old Trafford for 41 years as United slipped to their third home defeat in the league this season.

Man United fixtures in December (Premier league unless mentioned)
•10 December - Shakhtar Donetsk (home, Champions League)
•15 December - Aston Villa (away)
•18 December - Stoke (away, League Cup)
•21 December - West Ham (home)
•26 December - Hull (away)
•28 December - Norwich (away)

Moyes's side struggled to respond after going behind against the Magpies and they have already dropped 13 out of 24 points at Old Trafford, four more than in the whole of the last campaign.

They have also suffered back-to-back home league defeats for the first time since the 2001-02 season but Moyes, who replaced Sir Alex Ferguson as manager in the summer, is adamant there is no reason to panic.

"I think the game against Everton was very similar to the one against Newcastle," he explained. "If we had come out on top in both games I don't think anybody would have said an awful lot about it.

"Because we have not, and because we are Manchester United, we have to do better.

"We have to play better, pass it better, make more chances and take more opportunities.

"But we have just not been able to do that in the last couple of games.

"We were needing something to go for us, to give us a bit of confidence.

"Their goal was a little bit fortunate. Patrice Evra hits the ball against the back of Moussa Sissoko's head and he goes through to cut it back."

Moyes received a mixed reaction from United fans at the final whistle - there were some boos and some supporters had already left, but the Stretford End applauded him and sang his name as he made his way towards the tunnel.

"The United fans have been great," Moyes added. "Great to me, and great to the club.

"They understand there is a big transition going on here. I don't think they, or me, expected us to have lost five games at this time of the season, but I think they understand totally that there is a change going on.

"How big a test is this for me? It's the same test I have done ever since I have started as a manager. The good thing is that I am more experienced now and hopefully I will be able to handle it much better."

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at least the next 4 league matches against easy teams..............8-10 pts from those games.............

unless Liverpool, Everton and Spurs screw up....................Man Utd in Europah League at the very most........need a miracle even for that.........

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
.............................................................................................
Although Moyes has a lot to learn including from Fergie, what I am quite sure is happening is that the players are constantly harping "Sir Alex this" and "Sir Alex that", which for sure is a major reason why they have lost their edge in so many areas.
Moyes and his coaching staff need to get smarter and more humble, but so do the spoilt brat players.

Fairly or unfairly, SAF has set the benchmark and its a daunting task to take on the hot seat and replicate success overnight. I have no doubts that there will be some who are resistant to change. IMHO, the successes over the years will prove to be their 'Achilles heel' this season and the next.

Moyes will need to learn how to make good out of a bad situation. If a 70 year old dinosaur can adapt and change over the 20 odd years as manager, I simply cannot see why Moyes despite 10 years with Everton with no silverware to his credit, cannot do likewise.

The fatal mistake Utd made was to allow Moyes to make sweeping changes to the coaching staff. The tacit knowledge that they've harness over they years was the missing key to the winning edge that we're so accustom to. When DM brought Fellaini over to OT, the first thing that cross my mind was we're going back to the stone age.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe it was Moyes who kept Everton from reaching its fullest potential. A shit manager will be found out sooner or later, at any club. :wink:

Probably. Everton's form for the past 10 years were patchy at best. I dun know if Martinez can maintain it but they're playing as if they're title contenders.

jw5

Loyal
Fairly or unfairly, SAF has set the benchmark and its a daunting task to take on the hot seat and replicate success overnight. I have no doubts that there will be some who are resistant to change. IMHO, the successes over the years will prove to be their 'Achilles heel' this season and the next.

Moyes will need to learn how to make good out of a bad situation. If a 70 year old dinosaur can adapt and change over the 20 odd years as manager, I simply cannot see why Moyes despite 10 years with Everton with no silverware to his credit, cannot do likewise.

The fatal mistake Utd made was to allow Moyes to make sweeping changes to the coaching staff. The tacit knowledge that they've harness over they years was the missing key to the winning edge that we're so accustom to. When DM brought Fellaini over to OT, the first thing that cross my mind was we're going back to the stone age.

The coaching changes are indeed one of the reasons for the decline.
He replaced Mike Phelan, a former England international and a guy with many years experience as a first team coach under Fergie and Queiroz and then assistant manager under Fergie, with Steve Round, his trusty lieutanent. Never heard of him other than as Moyes' assistant.
He replaced Eric Steele, a highly experienced goalkeeping coach who learnt Spanish in order to converse with David De Gea, with Chris Woods, no doubt a former England international but with less experience.
He replaced Rene Muelensteen, a widely regarded world class coach with guys like Phil Neville and Ryan Giggs, former Man Utd players who have zero experience in coaching.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd boss Moyes rules out spending big for quick fix

Manchester United boss David Moyes won’t go spend crazy seeking a quick fix next month.

The Sunday Express says they have been linked with several top-class European midfielders, including Anders Herrera of Athletic Bilbao and Marco Reus and Ilkay Gundogan of Borussia Dortmund.

“I don’t think I will feel under pressure personally to buy players,” he said. “I will try to do the right things. If we think it is right for the club we will do so. If not, we will look again in the summer.

“I tend to take my time and try to assess what are the best talents to bring in. You can see that from the players I brought in at Everton – the other night you would say they were all very good choices!”

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-utd-boss-moyes-rules-out-spending-big-quick-fix-3995472#.UqXRCWfxtrR

**************************************************************************************************************
“I don’t think I will feel under pressure personally to buy players,” he said. “I will try to do the right things. If we think it is right for the club we will do so. If not, we will look again in the summer".

Have you ever thought of the fact that your 'targets' after W-Cup 2014 is going to cost a lot more?!!! Everton again? You bet!!!!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Robbie Savage's prescription for MU's woes (as if). Still some obvious:p

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25291341

Robbie Savage: How David Moyes can save Man Utd's season
In his regular BBC Sport column, Robbie Savage looks at how Manchester United can bounce back from successive home defeats by Everton and Newcastle.

I was at Old Trafford on Saturday and saw some of the problems that United boss David Moyes has got to deal with.

United are ninth in the table, 13 points behind Premier League leaders Arsenal and, as I have been saying since the start of the season, they are not going to win the title.

Moyes cannot come out and admit that himself after 15 games because he would get slaughtered by United's fans, but his new minimum target in the league is now fourth place because that is what they are fighting for.

Moyes has now lost five of his first 15 Premier League games as Manchester United manager
He has to try and win every other competition he is in too. That is the remit for United, which might be different for how it was for Moyes when he was at Everton.

Their form in the Champions League has been very good and they should win their group to ensure they avoid the big teams in the last 16. But the FA Cup and Capital One Cup are important now too because they are both trophies he can win.

Is Moyes the right man to take United forward? Definitely, but this is what he needs to do to turn things around.

Build a new back-line around Phil Jones
When people talk about United's squad the focus is always on their weakness in midfield, but defence is also a problem area.

Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic have been magnificent for United but age is catching up with them - they are 35 and 32 now - and they are becoming more and more injury prone as well.

They were fantastic in their prime but in recent seasons they have had less and less influence, because the sight of them lining up together has become rarer and rarer.

Man Utd - with and without Ferdinand and Vidic together

When With Without
Jan 2006 to May 2009
Games: 85
Games: 44

Aug 2009 to May 2013
Games: 45
Games: 107

2013-14 season
Games: 5
Games: 10

United have not had a settled partnership in central defence this season and, although that is something that Sir Alex Ferguson coped with in his last campaign in charge, it is far from ideal.

Moyes needs to establish his first-choice pair. When he does that, he has to think who he will be building his defence around in the future, and the answer is clearly not Ferdinand or Vidic.

Instead he needs to look to Phil Jones. His best position is going to be at centre half and that is where Moyes needs to play him now if he is to make the most of his talent.

Jones's problem at the moment is that he also plays in central midfield and right-back and, to be a top centre-back, you need to learn how to play that position properly.

If that means playing Jones regularly there for the rest of this season, then Moyes has to do it. Even if Jones plays badly there, he cannot do much worse than United are doing at the moment.

What he needs is an experienced centre-half alongside him for him to learn from, which is where Vidic or Ferdinand would come in. Neither of them can play every game any more, but either of them could show Jones the ropes.

Sort out the Rooney and Van Persie speculation
Moyes had to deal with the whole Wayne Rooney transfer saga as soon as he took over in the summer: He said Rooney was staying, and he did.

Now he is having to respond to rumours that Robin van Persie wants to leave.

Robin van Persie had this header ruled out for offside against Newcastle on Saturday
Moyes came out after the Newcastle game and said that was "nonsense" and I believe him, but those stories are not going to just go away.

With Rooney, United also still need to sort out his contract, which ends in the summer of 2015.

I am sure they will give him a new deal because, with the form he is in, there is no way they are going to let him leave - but they need to send out a message that their best two players are happy and staying at the club.

Clearly Moyes needs both of them, especially with his lack of creativity in midfield.

Alan Shearer made a fantastic point on Match of the Day on Saturday night when he pointed out how, with Rooney suspended against Newcastle, Van Persie had to drop deep to get on the ball.

When he did that, Van Persie played a fantastic long diagonal ball to set up Javier Hernandez for a shot but what should be happening is that somebody should be playing that pass to Van Persie.

The bottom line is that there is not enough quality in United's midfield to hit that sort of ball.

Compare it to last season's home game against the Magpies, on Boxing Day, when United were again without Rooney and had Van Persie and Hernandez up front - but had Paul Scholes and Michael Carrick in their midfield, not Tom Cleverley and Jones.

A year ago, Van Persie touched the ball 10 times in the Newcastle area, had six shots and scored once. This time he only touched it twice in the Magpies box and his only effort at goal was the header he had ruled out for offside.

United also came from behind three times to win 4-3 on that day. They never looked like doing anything similar on Saturday.

Moyes should do things his way
“If Moyes is worried about reaction to a substitution, he is feeling the pressure"

The worrying thing for me on Saturday, far more than the actual result, was to hear Moyes say afterwards that Van Persie should have come off after 60 or 70 minutes because he is not completely fit.

Moyes said he left him on because United were chasing the game and, if he had replaced him, everybody would have said 'what is he doing?' even though it was the right thing to do.

For me, if Moyes is worried about the reaction he will get to his substitutions, then he is feeling the pressure.

At Everton, he would have done what he wanted and not cared if the fans booed, because he would have thought: 'I know what I am doing.'

He has to believe in what he is doing again, and not worry about what the Old Trafford crowd think.

Don't panic buy in January
A lot of people are saying United need to spend big in the January transfer window but I don't think they should, and I don't think they will make a major signing in any position in January unless there is an emergency because of injuries.

What if it means they miss out on a top four finish and the Champions League next season? Well, I don't think that will mean they cannot attract the players they want: This is Manchester United we are talking about.

I still believe that, hypothetically, if Tottenham, Everton or Newcastle finished in a Champions League spot and United finished fifth then, if as a top player you had the choice to go to Spurs or United, you would still go to United.

Marouane Fellaini (r) joined Manchester United for £27.5m on deadline day in September
You would know that, if United missed the Champions League one year, they would make absolutely certain they made it the following season by making an absolutely huge investment in the summer.

They failed to get many of the players they wanted during the summer, but United still need to plan their next signings properly, and not panic-buy next month.

I am convinced that is what happened when Moyes bought Marouane Fellaini in September, because I cannot understand why else he signed him.

Sort out the squad: who needs to go
I am hearing a lot at the moment that this is the squad that won the title.

So what? That did not do Manchester City much good last season, did it?

Yes, Moyes still has the players that won last year's title but, undoubtedly, all the other top teams have strengthened over the summer and United did not.

So he needs to bring some faces in but he also has to decide who he no longer wants and move them on.

I am sure he has made a few decisions on that already but the problem he has is that, on current form, he seems to have more players who are not up to United's standards than the ones who are. Their passing, possession and shooting statistics are all down on the previous two campaigns.

Not every United player has to be a genius but, to play for them, you need a level of consistency every week and also the ability to pass the ball the right way.

When you play in an average Premier League team, you think that a pass to feet is a good pass, and eight out of 10 times it will be.

But United need players who know how to weight a pass just right, to put it in front of them so they can run on to it and continue the momentum of the attack.

One of the problems they have at the moment is that the quality of passing from their midfield is not up to those standards. Too often, it is to feet or behind the forwards or wide players. That is why they have not been playing with their old attacking freedom.

Target some top-class talent
United definitely need two new central midfielders next summer - one to unlock opposition defences, one to shield their own.

Michael Carrick seems to have become an even more important player while he has been out with an Achilles injury, because United have only picked up two points in four games while he has been sidelined.

They have missed his ability to keep the ball, and they do not have another defensive-minded player in their squad.

As far as their lack of creativity is concerned, Southampton's Adam Lallana would be my pick to put that right. He is young and proven in the Premier League, and he and Carrick would be a good mix in the middle.

Could Southampton's England midfielder Adam Lallana be the answer to United's creative problems?
In defence, United keep getting linked with Leighton Baines for obvious reasons, after failing with a bid for him in the summer.

But, if I were Moyes, I would go for another Saints player, Luke Shaw, instead as Patrice Evra's replacement at left-back.

Shaw is 18, has a great attitude and looks a big talent.

He has followed Theo Walcott and Gareth Bale out of the Saints academy and they clearly teach their young players the right way. It is a great breeding ground for players to do well at bigger clubs.

United need a new striker too.

Yes, Moyes has options in that department with Danny Welbeck and Hernandez, but we have seen this season that Hernandez does not have the same impact when he starts games as he does when he comes off the bench.

With David de Gea in goal, Jones at centre-half and Rooney and Van Persie in attack, Moyes still has the basis of an excellent team.

Adnan Januzaj is going to be a fantastic talent too, but United need more quality in midfield before they have the spine of a side that is going to be successful again.

Robbie Savage was speaking to BBC Sport's Chris Bevan