• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man with golden toilet dies

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asia
Feb 10, 2010

Man with golden toilet dies

HONG KONG - A FLAMBOYANT Hong Kong socialite who owned the city's first golden toilet and travelled around with his fashionista wife in a pink Rolls Royce has died at 75, his son said on Wednesday. Lawyer Chau Kai-bong lived in Villa d'Oro, a mansion draped in gold from the window trimmings to bathroom fixtures. Carpets and even chauffeur uniforms were also draped in shocking pink. Mr Chau's son Brandon, also a lawyer, told AFP his father saw his newborn grandson before succumbing to cancer on Tuesday. Mr Chau and his wife Brenda often appeared at glamour balls with matching outlandish outfits and were frequently splashed across the society pages in the southern Chinese city. 'Some reporters criticise the way we dress. They know nothing about fashion,' Mr Chau was quoted as saying in a 2007 magazine article.'I could have become a monk. I've got a sixth sense. I can feel things before they happen,' he added. 'Long story short: my father tricked me into becoming a lawyer. I never loved it but I made a living out of it.' The socialite earned a law degree at Cambridge University before returning to Hong Kong in the 1960s to set up his own legal practice. -- AFP

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
48539846.Pink1.jpg

Kai Bong & Brenda Chau

10634799.jpg

His and hers: Chau Kai-bong and his wife Brenda with their gold and pink Rolls Royces in 1997. Kai-Bong, a flamboyant Hong Kong socialite who owned the city's first golden toilet and travelled around with his fashionista wife in a pink Rolls Royce has died at 75, his son has said.
(AFP/File/Richard Jones)

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
970p.jpg
bong-afp.jpg

Hong Kong socialites Brenda Chau (right) and husband Chau Kai-bong posing at home with their gold dinner set.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SCM_News_11NOV02_SR_CHAU3.jpg

The young couple at Cambridge.

SCM_News_07NOV02_SR_CHAU1.jpg

The couple with their iconic pink Rolls Royce in 2002.

SCM_News_21MAY05_NS_FEVER4.jpg

Kai-bong and Brenda Chau in matching gold and black outfits at the premiere of Saturday Night Fever at the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts in May 2005.
Photo: Oliver Tsang

SCM_News_10NOV04_FE_CATS3.jpg

Socialite, fashion icon and solicitor Kai-bong Chau died y of intestinal cancer at the age of 75.
He gets last wish before he dies, he sees his newborn grandson on his deathbed.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was thinking more locally... the golden tap guy.

I7CkF__img201002100329430.jpg

Chau Kai-bong and his wife Brenda and son.

hQuIX__img201002100330100.jpg

His son married last year.

周启邦太太谭月清与儿子周国丰9日离开医院时,一脸愁容。莫庆辉摄
m8ueG__img201002100330030.jpg

Driver: What's golden tap? boss got Golden toilet

周启邦最近一次现身,是本年1月11日到养和医院接受检查
qIdJt__img201002100330070.jpg

Hospital checkup Jan10