• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man with 8cm gash waited 7 hours in vain at A&E only to faint from blood loss

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man with 8cm gash waited 7 hours in vain at A&E only to faint from blood loss
Posted on 17 August 2013 | 18493 views | 17 comments | 0 shares
<iframe style="border: currentColor; width: 75px; height: 20px;" id="f2b6c90271293e8" class="fb_ltr" title="Like this content on Facebook." src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?api_key=&locale=en_GB&sdk=joey&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D26%23cb%3Df49932df16edf8%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%252Ff11f784fb7510c8%26domain%3Dsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%26relation%3Dparent.parent&href=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fwhat-bugs-me%2Fman-with-8cm-gash-waited-7-hours-in-vain-at-ae-and-passed-out-from-blood-loss&node_type=link&width=90&font=arial&layout=button_count&colorscheme=light&action=like&show_faces=false&send=false&extended_social_context=false" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="true" name="f207540ed647522" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe style="width: 107px; height: 20px;" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1375828408.html#_=1376766141062&count=horizontal&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fwhat-bugs-me%2Fman-with-8cm-gash-waited-7-hours-in-vain-at-ae-and-passed-out-from-blood-loss&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fwhat-bugs-me%2Fman-with-8cm-gash-waited-7-hours-in-vain-at-ae-and-passed-out-from-blood-loss&size=m&text=Man%20with%208cm%20gash%20waited%207%20hours%20in%20vain%20at%20A%26amp%3BE%20only%20to%20faint%20from%20blood%20loss%20-%20Singapore%20Seen&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fwhat-bugs-me%2Fman-with-8cm-gash-waited-7-hours-in-vain-at-ae-and-passed-out-from-blood-loss%23.Ug_IvDb389E.twitter&via=AddThis" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="true" scrolling="no" data-twttr-rendered="true"></iframe>More Sharing Services

stitches.JPG

Warning, viewer discretion is advised. Pictures are graphic.
STOMPer Isaac says his friend waited seven hours in vain at Changi General Hospital for a doctors to stitch up an 8cm gash on his arm he sustained at work.
His friend's father eventually decided to relocate him to Mt Alvernia Hospital for treatment, by which time he had passed out from blood loss.
The STOMPer wrote:
"My friend, Lim, in his thirties, suffered a workplace-related accident on Aug 7, at around 11.30am.
"He had fallen down and his right forearm sustained a gash of approximately 8cm length due to a cut from a steel bar.
"His co-workers immediately rushed him to the CGH and they arrived at the Accidents & Emergency department at around noon.
"The staff nurses were quick to administer basic wound dressing and bandage to his wounds, and also an intravenous drip was also given to him.
"Lim's father also arrived at the hospital at 2pm that day.
"However, even at 3pm, they were told by nurses that doctor was unavailable.
"Every time they asked for a doctor, the nurses would reply the doctor will 'attend to them in half an hour'.
"To their horror, the doctor still hadn't come and performed the stitching operation even at 5pm, and the nurses could only 'top up' the bandages when the blood seeped through the dressing.
"It was only at 7pm, when Lim said he was feeling faint and going to pass out, that a doctor finally came.
"To their shock, the doctor said there were still four patients waiting in line, and that Lim would have to wait until midnight before he could perform the operation on him.
"Worse still, the doctor even said that he might have to wait until the next morning.
"Upon hearing this, the Lims wanted an immediate transfer to another hospital.
"Much to their chagrin, they were told that ambulances were also unavailable.
"While having to deal with tough luck, the father managed to get his son transferred to Alvernia Hospital, at MacRitchie using his personal vehicle.
"The father was appalled by the doctor's attitude.
"He said the doctor even shooed them away when he requested to have an immediate transfer.
"He said his son went unconscious as soon as they arrived at Alvernia Hospital, where he finally received the long awaited stitching operation by another surgeon. He received between 15 to 20 stitches.
"The father did receive a 'concerned' telephone call from a CGH officer on Aug 16.
"The father reprimanded the hospital staff for their behavior and for having insufficient medical personnel on duty as well as equipment such as ambulances.
"He said the Ministry of Health should look into this matter and seek to improve our hospital's standards, before someone's life is lost."

GALLERY: Click on thumbnails for larger image

<tbody>
</tbody>

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a well-known info that CGH is a place where patients go there for minor ailments and end up dead. This has been made known on the internet for a very long time already. Serves him right for not keeping himself informed and still think CGH is a good hospital.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too many stupid parent clogging the A&E, it is actually worse in UK, they go to A&E for anything, since it is free.
USA worse, they go to A&E because they cannot afford health insurance, so they clog up toe A&E.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too many stupid parent clogging the A&E, it is actually worse in UK, they go to A&E for anything, since it is free.
USA worse, they go to A&E because they cannot afford health insurance, so they clog up toe A&E.

in the u.s. he would died waiting in vain for a triage nurse at the emergency ward. it's always packed with illegals to the brim. this lucky chap in sg will not even get past the door. :rolleyes:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Treatment is faster in the emergency in UK and USA. This situation in sinkapore is a disgrace. On a weekday, they don't have enough doctors at the emergency? What happens on the weekend then?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the u.s. he would died waiting in vain for a triage nurse at the emergency ward. it's always packed with illegals to the brim. this lucky chap in sg will not even get past the door. :rolleyes:

yeah USA health guide sucks, and the red neck even defend a hopeless system. The poor can still go to A&E and the american govt still have to pay for the poor health care.

there is a new movie call elysium about american health care of the future.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I suffered a small gash similar to that one when I fell off my bike many years ago. I popped into the nearest GP and he stitched it up for me and had me out the door in less than an hour.

Why people with minor injuries insist on clogging up A & E is beyond me. :rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Treatment is faster in the emergency in UK and USA. This situation in sinkapore is a disgrace. On a weekday, they don't have enough doctors at the emergency? What happens on the weekend then?

not if you go to an hospital in the area with lots of niggers and mexicans.
UK A&E fast? LKY even send a 747 from singapore, a plane have to fly from singapore and bring her back, is faster than UK A&E, how can you claim it is fast?

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
And after that his family can sue the hospital for a few million $.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's pure bs. If you have the dough, you get the help. That's how America works.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not in the emergency department in america, no sir lee.

Not really, I had a stomach ulcer rupture, was throwing up blood, I have to wait in the ER in Long Beach ( forgot the hospital name) for nearly 6 hours, think year is 1980 or 81......:*:

Hospitalize for 1 week, single room ward, the bill came up to 10k plus, lucky for me insurance cover it....:biggrin:

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why compare with other countries that offers free and welfare based medical care?

Here, you pay by the throat and yet wait.

Let's be fucking clear about this.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you are right..You pay an arm and leg in peesai yet you wait..They also ask you to pay upfront than your cpf can be deducted..yet still wait..

You pay half a million for a pigeonhole but before that you wait 5 years..

You pay half your testicles for a car yet its for 10 years only..

Free and wait or go looking around for another non waiting place is still better than pay with your ball sack and still wait and get talked down...

Sinkees like to wiat and pay through their nose..

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's pure bs. If you have the dough, you get the help. That's how America works.

you don't have to wait if you go to oakland or richmond and get shot, and hopefully you're still alive when the paramedics show up. the ambulance will ensure that you get a fast track to the emergency room. if you survive and drive to the hospital, you have to take a number, wait in line and fill some forms. :biggrin:

Nazgul

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I suffered a small gash similar to that one when I fell off my bike many years ago. I popped into the nearest GP and he stitched it up for me and had me out the door in less than an hour.

Why people with minor injuries insist on clogging up A & E is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Next time pour urine over it to soothe the pain.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone that has to wait 7 hours for treatment in hospital A & E obviously means the country's healthcare system is fail.
Funny how come expats engage in strawman argument or show off their knowledge of overseas healthcare systems...serves little purpose or offer little comfort.
Pap white scums draw world top salaries....2nd to none....can they come up with a healthcare system that is at least among the top in the world?

Gwendolene

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When you import so many FTs, the mindset of the staff and everyone in hospital becomes like in Philippines.

PAP's Message to you - You die your own problem. No money to go private...then prepare to wait even u have to die. Too bad.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont understand the yanks..on one hand they are suppose to be great believers in the free market,,which is pay as u go,,on the other hand they can be welfare liberals whereby they give free treatment to illegal immigrants etc etc. I mean if u are an illegal, you are a criminal and broke the law, why cant they be rounded up and deported?

not if you go to an hospital in the area with lots of niggers and mexicans.
UK A&E fast? LKY even send a 747 from singapore, a plane have to fly from singapore and bring her back, is faster than UK A&E, how can you claim it is fast?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is the problem with singapore, they open the floodgates without thinking through and preparing proper policies. I heard foreign workers go into A&E to get cheaper medical fees as singapore does not have compulsory insurance scheme for foreign workers. I mean what sort of logic is this? Gahmen suppose to be world class and never think of such things..as a matter of fact, all foreigners should pay compulsory medical insurance. If not, no entry,,and NTUC Income can be the underwriter and NTUC can make millions..got money making opportunity how come PAP dont implement?

When you import so many FTs, the mindset of the staff and everyone in hospital becomes like in Philippines.

PAP's Message to you - You die your own problem. No money to go private...then prepare to wait even u have to die. Too bad.