• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian Malays sing Chinese new year song to prove they have been integrated

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian Malay will soon be lifted very fast intellectually, if they continue to integrate with their Chinese counterpart. This is certainly a good sign for Malaysia. Very progressive. I don't see Halimah Yacob singing Chinese New Year song, with its malay MPs, not even on reactive mode. Obscene salary cannot spur them to move faster? Where is the so-called community integration here? There is a lot of catching up from our proacitve neighbour up north.
All i can see is total mayhem if malays follow chinese traits. From selfishness, to abhorrent table manners. I'd rather live in a cave.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chinese New Year song in Malay, by Malays, goes viral in Malaysia
JANUARY 30, 2022
PUBLISHED AT 12:21 PM
THE NEW PAPER

'Tis the season for Gong xi, gong xi, gong xi ni, sung and played in countless Chinese New Year celebrations.

But never before like this.

The song Dong Dong Qiang, released on Jan 7, is in Malay, by Malay singers.

And it has quickly won fans in Malaysia.

According to producer Pan Jun Xiang, it is the first such performance, with Malays singing the familiar tune.

“We show the audience that Malays are more than happy to integrate with Chinese culture and there is no racial discrimination here,” the MYsinchew website quoted him as saying.

It also quoted one of the singers, Beby Acha, as saying she had fun and was thrilled to wear a cheongsam in the video.

Music producer and composer Nevin Hiong felt the song had united Malaysians in applauding the unique effort.

“When the owner of record label MVM Production reached out to me to produce a Chinese New Year song for his Malay artistes, he didn’t specify that it should be in Bahasa Melayu,” Channel NewsAsia quoted him as saying.

“He only set three requirements - the song should contain ‘gong xi ni’, ‘dong dong qiang’ and ‘huat ah’, phrases that Malay friends are familiar with.”

He then thought of incorporating a Malay-style melody and Chinese instruments as well.

Though the song carries a message of unity, according to him, they had not set out to promote racial harmony.

“Our original intention was to produce a Chinese New Year song, but now it has evolved into a patriotic song,” CNA quoted him as saying.

The World of Buzz website gave this translation of part of the lyrics:

“Today is celebration day, different races but we’re still together / New year with our old friends, together we celebrate / On the outside we’re different but our hearts are still the same.”

This article was first published in The New Paper. Permission required for reproduction.

I'm glad that these m&ds are likely DAP voters too. There's still some hope left for jiuhu.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is precisely because of the obscene salary there's no progress. You get paid so much why rock the boat?

If salaries are low, corruption is very likely to be high. For every one scandinavian example you like to use in your defense, I'll have easily 50 examples from Third World countries that says otherwise.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
If salaries are low, corruption is very likely to be high. For every one scandinavian example you like to use in your defense, I'll have easily 50 examples from Third World countries that says otherwise.
having a ridiculously low salary will lead to corruption. having an unjustified ridiculously high salary will lead to slavish decision making.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
having an unjustified ridiculously high salary will lead to slavish decision making.
That why certain companies pay their directors high remuneration.
Just looking at 1mdb, none of the directors except maybe 2 raised the red flag and quit.The rest had easy money basically doing nothing.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
having a ridiculously low salary will lead to corruption. having an unjustified ridiculously high salary will lead to slavish decision making.
I agree with your point.

That's why PAP has the right balance. PAP ministers and our top civil servants are paid a high wage to discourage corruption and slavish decision making. Our PM earns about S$2 million a year including bonuses. I know of many towkays whose declared income is easily double of that.