• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian Food is Better Than Singaporean Food, Period.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i still prefer sinkie laksa over penang laksa. penang laksa too sour with tamarind. also, can’t find sinkie style fried hokkien mee in jiuhu. theirs very dark and saucy. their roti canai cannot fight with prata from springleaf. their huat dan ho also not up to par with sg’s char hor fun (if stir-fried properly). due to competition and density of eateries in sg, sinkie chicken lice has evolved to more like a boneless version. jiuhu chicken lice too boney, little meat and full of skin. give it 6.9 more years, and local cuisines on both sides will diverge more as sg evolves comfort food for the rat race yet picky eaters who are willing to shell out $6.9 for modern fast food style fancy nasty lemak. jiuhu is still in 1969 when it cums to roadside food. unsanitary, wok hei kills all germs and bacteria, no crazy fusion, back to basics, authentic, ai lai mai suak value.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my other favourites are Sop Madura , a speciality beef soup by Madurese , don’t know you know of this ...there is a shop in Surbaya where chinese with their Mercedes and BMW line up for fours , really really good ... than my other favourite is Sop Makassar , this is a speciality in Sulawesi , the first thing whenever I land in Sulawesi is to head for that particular stall

If u love sop buntut, u may try this stall "sinar pagi" at geylang serai mkt. Quite sedap...