• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian Food is Better Than Singaporean Food, Period.

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to be just like you. Young, foolish, with an unwavering belief that our food—Singapore’s food—was the best there was, unbeatable in every way, shape, and form.
Who can blame us though? Not only have we made a national sport out of eating, even the likes of Gordon Ramsay and Marco Pierre White have raved about our food and hawker culture.

And yet, it took just one trip to Ipoh to change my mind.

More at https://www.ricemedia.co/culture-food-malaysian-food-is-better-than-singaporean-food-period/

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because of the exhorbitant costs, Sinkie food outlets are always seeking to cut corners. It's very subtle, but you would notice it if you're a long-time customer.

Another silly quirk of Sinkie food 'culture', using geographical location as branding.

cheapbreakfast-6911.jpg

003GXV7392A5301D9FA860px.jpg

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their Ipoh geylang whores and KTV also bestest...

I used to be just like you. Young, foolish, with an unwavering belief that our food—Singapore’s food—was the best there was, unbeatable in every way, shape, and form.
Who can blame us though? Not only have we made a national sport out of eating, even the likes of Gordon Ramsay and Marco Pierre White have raved about our food and hawker culture.

And yet, it took just one trip to Ipoh to change my mind.

More at https://www.ricemedia.co/culture-food-malaysian-food-is-better-than-singaporean-food-period/

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Mudland food has always and will always be better than sinkieland. Food is a fucking joke in sinkieland. Expensive because of the cost of importing ingredients, not to mention high rentals. The mudlanders use fresh local produce and they cook with passion. Cheap and good.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mudland food has always and will always be better than sinkieland. Food is a fucking joke in sinkieland. Expensive because of the cost of importing ingredients, not to mention high rentals. The mudlanders use fresh local produce and they cook with passion. Cheap and good.
Cost aside, many stalls nowadays run by non locals. Jiuhukia run zhichar taste so much different from the past.
The cutting corners such as precooked the food also make taste CMI.

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
i concur. Stinkapore hawker food is shits food. Peasants grub. only taste nice with lots of sauce. One such shits food is lor mee.., then there is kway chap...what kind of shits like that can cost 3 , 4 dollars..pui!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysia food is still the best. I had a great time gorging myself when I was at Penang early this year. I was there for 5 days. Every night I had their roadside CKT before heading back to my hotel.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fully agreed.

FB_IMG_1603717328537.jpg

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cost aside, many stalls nowadays run by non locals. Jiuhukia run zhichar taste so much different from the past.
The cutting corners such as precooked the food also make taste CMI.

Go try Aeon Bt Indah. The foodcourt 80% handled by Bangla. Taste sucks. Question is wheres the jiuhukia boss? $1: M$3

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malusia Bak Kut teh beats Sinkie anytime anywhere simply because the pork for meat bred by jiu Hu kias are far superior than our Indonesian bred pork by Tamasek , who are actually novices

another place where the quality of pork is quite superior comparatively is phillipines , you should try their roast Babi , something out of this world

even roasted Bali babis are world renowned for taste and their method of charcoal roasting for hours and hours

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
I was having this economy rice for lunch at the republic food court for $8.50...crazy to the max!

sp4.jpg

and nasi lemak for breakfast at a hawker centre with a cup of coffee for only $2.80

sp5.jpg

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
As a regular traveller to malaysia for donkey years, I've tried and tested almost all their food from jb to penang,
Breakfast roti telur bawang with teh tarik..

IMG_20191024_062439.jpg

Lunch char siew, roast duck with abc soup(the best in town) and herbal tea, as a regular there the lady boss sitting there free of charge the abc soup.

20170302_113509-1_resized_zps89lbzrkb.jpg

m10.jpg

And breakfast again at the most popular bak kut teh at kepong with my gf in the queue.

m12.jpg

And lastly my favourite during stall fresh straight from the durian orchard at pahang.

m14.jpg

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go try Aeon Bt Indah. The foodcourt 80% handled by Bangla. Taste sucks. Question is wheres the jiuhukia boss? $1: M$3
Yup , food stalls operated by Banglas sucks in malusia but not by Indonesian ladies , some cooks pretty mean stuff , mostly when I asked from where they usually reply from Surabaya . I knew they are lying because I can tell by their style of cooking which part of Indonesia they are from ...and in such places if I order rice with 1 meat and 2 veggies also with ikan masin I usually pay about RM4 or RM4.50 and if I order the same from local Melayu it’s nothing less than RM 7 , but local Malay usually screw up the food tastewise mostly

I use to love soup Buntut when in Indonesia ,an ox tail soup , it’s kind of national soup in Jakarta served in 5 star hotels , but horribly made in Malusia simply because the ox tail ingredients itself sucks badly

my other favourites are Sop Madura , a speciality beef soup by Madurese , don’t know you know of this ...there is a shop in Surbaya where chinese with their Mercedes and BMW line up for fours , really really good ... than my other favourite is Sop Makassar , this is a speciality in Sulawesi , the first thing whenever I land in Sulawesi is to head for that particular stall

all these are unavailable in Malusia for simple reasons because most of the Indonesians coming to Malusia are from Riau or Java Tengga

Banglas also cooks some mean food but it must be authentic , ask them if they have Payah , it’s Kambing kaki soup actually but beats Mamak kambing soup anytime