• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian car almost knocked down my kids

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>This Urban Jungle
Posted on 24 Sep, 2008 09:57
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Dark-tinted Malaysian car almost knocked down my kids and I

Loud engines, huge exhaust pipes, heavily-tinted windows. A STOMPer wonders why local authorities allow such cars on our roads after she was almost knocked down by one such car.

In her email to STOMP, W G related:

“I wish to bring your attention to incoming Malaysian cars that we have observed recently in the Singapore Streets.

“Just yesterday (Sep 23) it happened again, but this time we took cameras and managed to get some shots before the car was driven away.

“This happened at Harbourfront Towers, where this sportily- painted car, with all sides dark tinted windows Malaysian car almost knocked us down as we were crossing the street.

“My kids were crossing and got shocked by the roaring noise and speed of this car.

“It was driven off and the driver managed to park in the opposite lane on a one-way street and the exit of a road where there was a No Entry sign. |

“Everyone's attention was caught by the roaring sound of the revving engines.”

The STOMPer wonders why such cars are allowed on our roads in the first place.

She opines:

“The car roars so loudly when on the street even as it is driven by and the exterior is so jazzed up one cannot discern the make of the car. Also, the windows of such vehicles are so darkly tinted that the occupants inside cannot be made out. The licence plates of such cars are also so small.

“Such cars can pass through our stringent checks of our Woodlands Customs and it is no wonder that more and more Malaysian Cars are taking our Singapore laws for granted.”

She feels that upon the point of entry, such cars should have been stopped by the authorities and customs.

Also, the STOMPer feels that local laws are strict, but there is a lack of enforcement.

“I wonder double standards are practised, a law for local and another for foreigner cars,” she says.

She added:

“I hope local authorities can clarify if such cars are allowed on the roads.

“I went back to the office and asked my Malaysian colleagues, but they all laughed about it, saying I am just a ‘mountain turtle’ as this has been happening for years, and they laughed at me for bringing it up,” she added.

“I seriously hope the authorities can do something,” she said.

STOMP has forwarded this feedback to the Police and contacted LTA for comment.

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD colSpan=2>
» Email a Friend​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

th_TV2008080918350200-1.jpg

Dun u dare touch my FT pets, OK? *hee*hee*

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Sinkies will have the balls to confront these people. You call for the police, by the time they arrive, the culprick would have reached home and had gone through a quickie
with his woman. Anyway, who expects the police to do anything when no one is hurt, no witnesses to come forward. Besides, these foreigners contribute to the goverment's
coffers with what? $20 entry fee to drive into SINK? Money is the greasy word.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I personally don't think it is worthwhile confronting someone who is likely to cause you the bodily harm which he did not do with his car the first time round. I also approve of the culprits' car being photographed and documented because in the event that he is convicted of another offence in future, such incidents can be invoked to increase his sentence.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No Sinkies will have the balls to confront these people. You call for the police, by the time they arrive, the culprick would have reached home and had gone through a quickie
with his woman. Anyway, who expects the police to do anything when no one is hurt, no witnesses to come forward. Besides, these foreigners contribute to the goverment's
coffers with what? $20 entry fee to drive into SINK? Money is the greasy word.

And that is if they'll respond to ur call at all! Unless of course, u slang slang and act like some FTrash. They'll be at the scene in less than min.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
And that is if they'll respond to ur call at all! Unless of course, u slang slang and act like some FTrash. They'll be at the scene in less than min.

LOL. You've got that one right! It's so true. Ahhh....Colonial mentality and it had been what? 45 years?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the look of the car, looks like a car rally participant with number.

If no one is looking, I could have removed two of his tires. If F1 technicians can do it in 5 seconds, can ordinary guys do it in 30 seconds?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Car plate number tooo small and tinted tooo dark must be fine for 2 error. What ICA really do????

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That STOMPER Sinkie don't have the ball. If happen to me, I will F@#K him, if he scold me back, I will smash his windsheild and car plate number. Tell him that plate number too small and tinted too dark are not allow in Singapore.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
...illegal parking. Now got photo evidence, can summon?

TP will not issue summons based on photo evidence only from a member of the public. The photographer has to make a report and state categorily that he is willing to stand as witness, and so on.

Moreover, this is a non-Singapore registered car so our authorities would normally turn a blind eye even if the TP is at the scene.