• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia Striat Union in Singapore

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sabah, Sarawak, Penang, Malacca and Singapore maybe need to form Malaysia Strait Union Government. The Malaysia Federal Government will facing big problem to manage the country.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the reason,why i still do not understand - why Sabah and Sarawak joined the Malaysia Federation.
they have so many natural resources and oil.

this is an very bold idea,which i do not think will happen.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
They unable to manage East Malaysia during 1963. Today they can manage East Malaysia but poor defend. So they need Singapore or Brunei to help them.

A

Alu862

Well if this comes true, we know where to send the FTs too.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
does anyone knows that when Singapore joined/merged with Malaysia,LKY was one of the founder/member of DAP - the present party that control Penang ?
after Singapre split from Malaysia,then PAP is founded.

Democratic Action Party
People Action Party

so merging with Penang and JB,should not be a problem as there are a lot of Chinese in these two states. And a lot of Singapore has relatives in these two states also especially those that married Malaysian,Malaysian who married an Singaporean and those who become Singapore PR and Citizen.

A

Alu862

does anyone knows that when Singapore joined/merged with Malaysia,LKY was one of the founder/member of DAP - the present party that control Penang ?

Democratic Action Party
People Action Party

so merging with Penang and JB,should not be a problem as there are a lot of Chinese in these two states. And a lot of Singapore has relatives in these two states also especially those that married Malaysian,Malaysian who married an Singaporean and those who become Singapore PR and Citizen.

Penagnites would never accept Singaporeans. For one, their food is so much better.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
FT will not go for war. Only Guard Unit, Red Cap Unit, Armour Unit, Artilery Unit, Combat Engineer Unit, Air Force and Navy.

FT still stay for economy defend.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the reason,why i still do not understand - why Sabah and Sarawak joined the Malaysia Federation.
they have so many natural resources and oil. this is an very bold idea,which i do not think will happen.

Because of Indonesia.... joining the federation is like seeking protection from one bully from friendlier one... thats politics....

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
DAP was formed in 1966 by the remnants of the Malaysian branch of the PAP. Its ideology is similar to LKY's call for a "Malaysian Malaysia". However, it is widely known that Lim Kit Siang, DAP's adviser and founder, does not like PAP or LKY very much due to its dictatorial tendencies. Lim is fiercely patriotic too, so it's unlikely that DAP will even think of seceding Penang from Malaysia.

The Chinese community make up more than 70% of the population on Penang Island (if you include the mainland, it will only be 55%), so demographically speaking, Penang shouldn't have any problems forming a union with Singapore like a sort of Confederation. After all, Singapore, Malacca and Penang were ruled together as a separate administrative unit - The Straits Settlement apart from the rest of the Malay states for over 100 years under British colonial rule.

I wonder what LKY is thinking now. Does it ever occur to him the possibilty of forming a union with Penang if the racial tension there got worse ? I am sure the Penang Chinese will choose to be first class Singapore citizens than 2nd class Malaysian "squatters".

Democratic Action Party
People Action Party

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey don't get Ahmad Ismail going on his hobby horse against S'pore next ok:biggrin:

I wonder what LKY is thinking now. Does it ever occur to him the possibilty of forming a union with Penang if the racial tension there got worse ? I am sure the Penang Chinese will choose to be first class Singapore citizens than 2nd class Malaysian "squatters".