• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Main Event - Tommy vs Ah Heng

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Repeating a mantra does not make it true.
Besides it is factual, repeating a line over and over again do work. That's why Trump keeps lying and his mob goes into ecstasy.

Besides closed borders don't stop jobs going overseas. I don't hire a single Kiwi for any task I need done. It's done overseas at a rate the market supports.
Not everything can be made overseas. If business want to move overseas, let them be. There will be other ways to tax the corporation to ensure that locals benefit from economic growth.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
companies and businesses hire those who qualify and fit their needs, and they earn many times way more than minimum wage. those jobs that require skills, knowledge, experience, and attitude are immune from minimum wage. minimum wage are meant for those who can't be hired in mainstream jobs that pay more than $69k per year. with sanctuary city laws illegals can work for cash without the need to file tax returns thus they compete for these jobs with druggies, ex-cons, niggers, gangbangers, etc. niggers with no qualifications but with a rich history of crime, family violence, and arrests are almost always avoided by employers. higher minimum wage kills many of these jobs as employers would rather hire college grads with liberal arts, psychology, and social studies degrees willing to work smarter, carry a conversation, and do the work of 3 illegals or 2 useless legal workers with poor work attitudes.

With the current minimum wage in many states so low, such as Florida, the person will need to work two minimum wage jobs to survive.
The top 20 percent do not represent the need of the country. It is the 80 precent which are scrapping by. Raising minimum wage will have a positive impact on the wages of the other tiers of the 80 percent.
If you are business owner, raise the minimum wage just reduces your profit a tad bit. If you think that is too much, then curb your greed or move to sinkapore.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
there's also the very large fringe group of undocumented and illegal immigrants who would take on any job at many times below minimum wage. any labor law doesn't apply to them as they are shinobis and ninjas working in the shadows in the underground economy. private employers in cities where minimum wage is enacted are turning to this very large pool of labor, and have been doing it with a surging economy. i pay my gardener $69 to mow my lawn, and he and his wife will do it in 23 minutes - more than minimum wage even for 2. if i pick up an amigo who waits for hours at the parking lot of the nearest home depot for hourly jobs he would come with me for $6.9 an hour. i hand him my grass trimmer, leaf blower, and hedge cutter he can finish the yard work in 1 hour. meanwhile i use dirty minutes, oops 30 minutes out of that hour i save, for my haircut with miss saigon plus a gratuitous neck and head massage and cursory hydrotherapy with no happy ending. and i would pay her $11 as advertised plus tip of $2. she gets paid more than minimum wage but her advertised $11 per haircut plus tips will not cover her rent, utilities, water, supplies, shampoo, towels, sharpening cost of scissors. she needs to charge $23 per cut or hope for more aunties who need $69 styling and dyeing to make a profit. very market driven you see. if she increases cut fee to $23, all men who enjoys miss saigon, her sexy figure and dainty fingers (but not her voice and language) will bail and jump over to miss tijuana who is uncertified and undocumented but gives a decent haircut for $6.9 from her old thrice-pre-owned ford expedition. with cat and mouse and illegals the market, under or over, will sought itself out, and minimum wage will get bypassed and becum irrelevant. :ninja:
California created their own problems. They can’t wait to displace the lower third with illegal immigrants and have those foreign serfs slave over menial tasks and fawn over them like medieval lords. Wait, that sounds just like Singapore! :eek: