• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Maifan Stone ~ Where can I get these in Singapore?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
those look like lumps of shit my banghra construction workers carry out everyday from drilling and piledriving the granite and concrete floors.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last edited:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
those pot r coated with maifan stone...can't make a pot out of pure maifan stone...it take 4ever to boil...:biggrin::biggrin:

chiu ou can see the layering frm the link...

http://www.groupon.sg/deals/househo...=GPN&utm_campaign=200857&mediaId=266665&sid=9

Thanks Micro.

We just hopped over to the aquarium opposite Tiong Bahru market. This is what happened.

Me: Uncle, 你有卖一种石头叫麦饭石, 英文叫做 Maifan stone.

Uncle: Har (in a loud tone)!

Me: 麦饭石,把鱼水洗清洁的石头。也可以喝的。

Uncle: Har (again in loud tone)! 那里有石头可以洗水! 没有lah. 鱼水那里可以喝!

I thanked him and left as he is probably thinking I am deranged. And my Mandarin probably sucks too.

I think he misunderstood me. I want the stone to boil water not to put in fish tank and drink aquarium water. I didn't want to explain further using my broken Mandarin to frustrate him further.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks Micro.

We just hopped over to the aquarium opposite Tiong Bahru market. This is what happened.

Me: Uncle, 你有卖一种石头叫麦饭石, 英文叫做 Maifan stone.

Uncle: Har (in a loud tone)!

Me: 麦饭石,把鱼水洗清洁的石头。也可以喝的。

Uncle: Har (again in loud tone)! 那里有石头可以洗水! 没有lah. 鱼水那里可以喝!

I thanked him and left as he is probably thinking I am deranged. And my Mandarin probably sucks too.

I think he misunderstood me. I want the stone to boil water not to put in fish tank and drink aquarium water. I didn't want to explain further using my broken Mandarin to frustrate him further.

buy online easier...local ah peh shop won't noe...mus go for those more professional huan...moi neber keep fish for a long time leow so oso lost touch...

if not ask ur friend to buy for chiu frm tiongland...jus pay for the cost (shd be cheap) plus postage...

Last edited:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
buy online easier...local ah peh shop won't noe...mus go for those more professional huan...moi neber keep fish for a long time leow so oso lost touch...

if not ask ur friend to buy for chiu frm tiongland...jus pay for the cost (shd be cheap) plus postage...

Micro, thanks but no thanks. Not another aquarium shop. Next thing I wil get is an Ah Peh thinking I am eating the stones.

He said he will ask his colleagues returning from China to get for me.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting that they use these stones for aquarium purposes.

The link you provided with the picture looks to be processed maifan stones glued into a bigger piece. I am not sure if I can use them even if I get it from the aquarium.

I think these stones emits healthy negative ions...............

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think these stones emits healthy negative ions...............

Good Afternoon Hans. Hope ypu had a good Sunday lunch with yoir loved ones.

Thank you for your information on the stones.

As I said earlier, I am buying them to make plain water more palatable to drink after my morning exercises.

I am not really concern of whatever health benefits that has been claimed by others. No one knows the truth unless he or she is an expert in minerals.

Hi claire, i am a singaporean.

Maifan stone cookware like my newly purchased deep frying pan can be found in a shop called k-art in compass one sengkang.

Alternatively u can purchase k-art brand pans from supermarts like giant tampines, selected ntuc like bishan junction 8 & hougang mall.

Hope these info helps.