• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Mad Hatter Admits That Jiuhukias, Including Himself, Are Not Trustworthy! Break Promises, Won't Pay Up Loans And Penalties! Investors Gone Fuck!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
mahathir_nst_bond_breakers.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR — Malaysians lack trustworthiness and a sense of shame, as seen from how some have failed to repay their tertiary education loans, said Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad.

Speaking to Universiti Teknologi Malaysia staff and students at a special lecture on Thursday (Sept 20), the prime minister said youth would do well in life and help the country’s development if they adopted the Japanese sense of trustworthiness and of honour and shame.

He said he felt shame on behalf of National Higher Education Fund (PTPTN) borrowers, especially those who had jobs but still refused to pay the minimum instalment of RM100 (S$33) a month.

“We have accumulated RM36 billion in unpaid loans to PTPTN. I am ashamed but they are not.

“They are earning an income and can very well pay, but they don’t pay. It’s just RM100 a month; if you earn RM2,000 a month, what is RM100? But they don’t pay. Why? Because they have no amanah, no trustworthiness,” he said.

He said trustworthiness was a problem with Malaysians, seen not only with PTPTN borrowers. This also applies to others given scholarships and loans to study abroad who refused to pay their dues when they returned.

Malaysians also lacked a sense of shame when failing to do well or to do what is right, Dr Mahathir added.

“When you have a strong feeling of not wanting to be ashamed by your performance, then you will want to achieve the best results. That is how the Japanese achieved success.

“Today, people do not feel ashamed at all. You see them going to jail and smiling. You see people smiling when you tell them, ‘hey, you are a thief’. There is no feeling of shame,” he said, drawing laughter from the audience.

Dr Mahathir also urged students to work hard and repeat exercises and read their books again and again if they were weak in their studies.

Sharing his own experience as a medical student in Singapore, he said he only scored three As compared with others who scored six or eight As in their Senior Cambridge results.

“I realised I had to work very hard. I realised what I had to do was very simple. I had to read my textbooks many times. Ten times or more.

“So that when they ask questions in exams, I had in my mind a picture of the page in the book where they asked the very same thing.”

He added: “So, if you are not good at something, do it again and again and again, many, many times. Between this sense of shame and working hard, you are going to improve yourself.” THE MALAYSIAN INSIGHT

https://www.todayonline.com/world/malaysians-lack-shame-trustworthiness-says-dr-mahathir

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You would think that something as intuitive as working hard would come naturally to anyone with a brain. But no, jiuhukias need to be told repeatedly what that means and there is still no guarantee they will do it (working hard).