• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Luxury cars driver today don't signal and reckless

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Lexus is just a rebadged Toyota. Some computer accessories are also rebadged from the original manufacturer.

A luxury car is a Maserati, Jaguar or Ferrari, maybe an Audi.

For most people who want to splurge on a car to get from point A to point B in Sinkieland, just get a sensible car with good handling, efficient fuel mileage and readily available spare parts.

For sinkies luxury is directly related to price....the more expensive the more luxurious.

That said I have to politely disagree on Lexus.
Lexus cars are engineering feats. At worse they are damn well built cars.

melanietan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's funny how sinkies consider a Lexus IS250 to be a luxury vehicle when it is essentially a toyota mark x with a Lexus badge and a few more layers of insulation to block out road noise.... In the US they don't even bother with IS250 and go for the IS350 which is also not considered a luxury vehicle. Sinkies ego really damn high.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Applies to most Sinkee drivers. For some unknown reasons, Sinkees drivers are always rushing to somewhere or try to cut queue. How much time can save? 1 hour or 2 hours?

Luxury car means different thing to different people. As for me now, luxury is my kapkia.

Notice here a little different. Usually the more expensive cars, drivers are quite considerate drivers. On the other hand, the ah beng pickups and van/tour bus are the worst drivers.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cars versus cars still got chance. Wait till you meet buses and lorries that dont signal!

that's why alot of stupid sinkies drive without signalling or giving way in Malaysian highways and still yaya and then that's where they know who is the real king when they challenge buses or huge lorries. only sinkies can crash 3 lambos at one time in malaysian highway. that telll you what crap driving skills they have.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am a fan of Lexus for many years. For me it's not about ego, especially in Thailand barely anyone know that Lexus is a luxury car, people just recognize European badges as luxury. Like me Thais who buy the Lexus badge also know this that most people here don't think its a luxury car so I guess like me they just like it and enjoy driving in it.

I have to agree that in Singapore there are some who buy it because it may be categorized in the luxury category especially when compare car to car or model to model the Lexus badge is always more expensive to the European badges even in Thailand and Indonesia and the price difference could be 20% to 50%. Paying so much more for ego when people don't think its a luxury brand? I seriously don't think so. I thinks its mostly more of an appreciation of the technology, ride comfort etc than anything else.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a fan of Lexus for many years. For me it's not about ego, especially in Thailand barely anyone know that Lexus is a luxury car, people just recognize European badges as luxury. Like me Thais who buy the Lexus badge also know this that most people here don't think its a luxury car so I guess like me they just like it and enjoy driving in it.

I have to agree that in Singapore there are some who buy it because it may be categorized in the luxury category especially when compare car to car or model to model the Lexus badge is always more expensive to the European badges even in Thailand and Indonesia and the price difference could be 20% to 50%. Paying so much more for ego when people don't think its a luxury brand? I seriously don't think so. I thinks its mostly more of an appreciation of the technology, ride comfort etc than anything else.

wholly agreed wth you. in US and europe, lexus is consider better than BMW. BMW in USA is not considered as luxury car, only mainstream and slightly better than local brands like ford. merc in germany is also not considered as luxury car and are a dime a dozen. only in sinkieland you have stupid people who buy cars based on perception of "luxury" when relaibility is more important. in europe and USA definition of luxury car is prosche, ferrari or lambo.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's funny how sinkies consider a Lexus IS250 to be a luxury vehicle when it is essentially a toyota mark x with a Lexus badge and a few more layers of insulation to block out road noise.... In the US they don't even bother with IS250 and go for the IS350 which is also not considered a luxury vehicle. Sinkies ego really damn high.

I fully agree with you, these Lexus are considered to be a Toyota in other Cuntry. It's because our primitive PAP gahmen
make it a luxury car because they want to tax us to death with their COE, 10 years life span!
Whereas in other country a car is yours to keep when you have fully paid up!! But in Sickapoor a fully paid
up car mean end of the road for Scrap!! A Lexus in Sickapoor can get a you a Ferrari/Porche in other country!

Watch guys and gals when crossing the road these bastard don't signal you have to have a telepathic mind!!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I fully agree with you, these Lexus are considered to be a Toyota in other Cuntry. It's because our primitive PAP gahmen
make it a luxury car because they want to tax us to death with their COE, 10 years life span!
Whereas in other country a car is yours to keep when you have fully paid up!! But in Sickapoor a fully paid
up car mean end of the road for Scrap!! A Lexus in Sickapoor can get a you a Ferrari/Porche in other country!

Watch guys and gals when crossing the road these bastard don't signal you have to have a telepathic mind!!

This is sensible normal pricing

http://www.toyota.co.th/en/product-detail.php?model=altis&opt=grades

http://www.honda.co.th/th/civic?gclid=CPi1gfvPib0CFawB4godFVwA2w

http://www.nissan.co.th/en/Vehicles/Sylphy.aspx

Last edited: