• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lonely Single Women: Why is it such a struggle for single women over 45 to meet a Soulmate

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
160383_085125-413.jpg

When it comes to romance, we all like a happy ending — which is what makes a new blog by an older, single woman such a heart-wrenching read.

The woman, who is divorced but says she would love to be married again, describes herself as being ‘on the wrong side of 45 with a brace of kids’ and bewails her place in ‘relationship no-man’s land’, condemned to be alone for the rest of her days.

She writes under the name ‘The Plankton’, explaining that, like the plankton in the ocean, she is barely visible and ‘at the bottom of the food chain for love and relationships’. Her outpourings, which convey with unflinching honesty the huge difficulties older women can face finding a man, have caused quite a stir on women’s internet chat forums. They have certainly proved a talking point among my single women friends.

‘I always had boyfriends when I was younger and assumed I would again after James was born,’ she says. ‘When he was three, I started chatting online. These chats were fun — and sometimes quite flirty — but if I ever suggested we meet, the men would often back off, saying they were not looking for a relationship.’

A dozen or so dates followed over the years, none of them quite right. When she last registered with an online dating site she was 44 — and few men made contact. ‘Forty is a huge cut-off point for a lot of men,’ Ruthie explains. ‘There was just one I met and we had a fantastic evening. I was surprised afterwards when he didn’t get in touch.

In a report entitled The Case For An Older Woman, it states that 45-year-olds have a much harder time finding romance because ‘the male fixation on youth distorts the dating pool’.

These attitudes explain why many over-45s — including The Plankton — describe themselves as ‘invisible’ to the opposite sex. Charlotte Phipps is divorced and lives in Newmarket, Suffolk. Aged 53, she works as a secretary. ‘The hardest time for me is when I come home from work at six o’clock,’ she says.

‘My two terriers run barking to greet me, but apart from them, there is silence. I own a lovely two- bedroomed cottage with a beautiful garden, which I enjoy, but night after night I sit on my own watching TV. It is incredibly boring and I am lonely. Whenever I go out, men do not tend to look at me. I’ve lost a lot of confidence.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2022102/Why-struggle-single-women-45-meet-soulmate.html

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree with the article. What is the use of getting hitch again when the man you are going to hitch up with is of no good use. One is better living alone than with a useless self centred man who only thinks for himself and believes that he is always right, gaslighting me every day with his theories and "logic". The article is biased.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree with the article. What is the use of getting hitch again when the man you are going to hitch up with is of no good use. One is better living alone than with a useless self centred man who only thinks for himself and believes that he is always right, gaslighting me every day with his theories and "logic". The article is biased.

Oh mine! We posted at the same time!!!

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually the article is also about loneliness.
Now your princess can play with you so you don't feel lonely. When she starts dating, then how?

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the article is also about loneliness.
Now your princess can play with you so you don't feel lonely. When she starts dating, then how?
I will find other positive things to do. Like travelling with friends, swimming, yoga, reading , mountain climbing or even windsurfing. If a right man comes along, that's fine. Even if no Mr Right is available, I am perfectly fine too. Life goes on with or without a man to walk my journey in life.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most men would think those above 40 are already married. Or there are underlying problems with the woman if she is still single.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will find other positive things to do. Like travelling with friends, swimming, yoga, reading , mountain climbing or even windsurfing. If a right man comes along, that's fine. Even if no Mr Right is available, I am perfectly fine too. Life goes on with or without a man to walk my journey in life.

Do you wish to conceive again?