• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY killed Chinese foetus and Chinese language, angmoh want to learn Chinese today

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: LKY killed Chinese foetus and Chinese language, angmoh want to learn Chinese toda

The funny thing is When Kevin Dudd was PM, the aussies thought that Sino Oz relations will improve but it went down hill,,,so speak mandarin is no big deal,, what pisses me off is that whenever there is ang mor, or black etc can speak mandarin,,its made out like such a big thing,,,

than your hokkien must be better than your mandarin,,,hahhahah

Bro The_Hypocrite, my linguistic skills is never good - always weak. My mandarin is slightly better than my hokkien after years of not listening and speaking that dialect. Only my hokkien swearing vocab is slightly better than TMD. Ha Ha :o :(

Call me banana or "eat potatoes" if you so wish. What to do?? :p :eek:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: LKY killed Chinese foetus and Chinese language, angmoh want to learn Chinese toda

This is Rudd speaking mandarin,,not too bad,,but still got ang mor accent

he was some big shot in the foreign office in beijing,,so he can speak mandarin very the atas ang mor style

Bro The_Hypocrite, Kevin Rudd mandarin is not bad by most ang mo standard. :wink: :smile:

Thanks for the you-tube. It is "老外" i.e. foreigners. :eek: :biggrin:

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wat r u talking about? /he promoted the mandarin dialect n quash the southern chinese dialects,,,

simple say, lee kuan yew promote communist chinese language and sealed the fate of our real republic of china chinese language!!!

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What exactly is so frightening about some white guy that speaks Mandarin?i find it a joke that we have to somehow praise hin for being able to do that.

Bro Jah, when he was in the diplomatic corp, the Chinese would switch to Mandarin to discuss their position when the process of negotiation is going on thinking that the ang mo would not understand what is going on. Suddenly the Chinese realise this ang mo kow can listen and speak in Mandarin, then all their "secret" conversation macham like pichak lobang. That is the background of his 天不怕, 地不怕. :wink: :smile:

The same is being practised in commercial contract negotiation. In the midst of a serious discussion, our Chinese friends suddenly started talking in their dialects. OMG... very hard to catch what they are up to. :eek: :o :(

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In the early 80s, I got to know an American lawyer based in S'pore. Prior to his posting here, he was based in Shanghai.

Not only could he speak very fluent Mandarin, he could even write. No interpreters needed when he scrutinised contracts written in Mandarin. Really, no big deal at all. That was 30 years ago.

Bro GoldenDragon, there are lots 老外 in China that are very fluent in Mandarin. Some of them are fluent in the various dialects. :biggrin:

There are even more Chinese that are exceptionally good in English, German, French, Italian etc etc. :eek:

How I wish I could have some of their linguistic skills. :o :(

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What the hell if Kevin and some other blacks can speak Mandarin.

China and the World has conveniently forgotten about the Uigyurs who speak fluent Mandarin, despite being of Central Asian ancestry.

She should say this fact proudly and that could possibly ease the prevailing tension between the Uigyurs and the Han people.

Bro Kohliantye, it is not only Mandarin. In recent years, there is this hokkien (mingnan) song competition. Guess the race of some of the finalists? Indian and Malay from Malaysia. I saw it on TV in China. :eek:

This link is for the US zone.
http://www.icntv.net/a/1337642096519.html

Check out that black chap who sang 愛拼才會贏. Quite good. :smile: :wink:

Delgro

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wat r u talking about? /he promoted the mandarin dialect n quash the southern chinese dialects,,,

Why the sudden interest for the southern dialects? Nowadays younger gens dont even care about Mandarin even. All became fake angmohs and speaking in american accent.

Delgro

Alfrescian
Loyal

simple say, lee kuan yew promote communist chinese language and sealed the fate of our real republic of china chinese language!!!

Prc one is easier to learn than the complex form from HK and Taiwan.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I dont see what the big deal with an ang mor speaking mandarin,, there is one ang mor lady that i know graduate with Ah tiong degree and speak mandarin better than me,,,so what?? speak mandarin big fuck ah???

The funny thing is When Kevin Dudd was PM, the aussies thought that Sino Oz relations will improve but it went down hill,,,so speak mandarin is no big deal,, what pisses me off is that whenever there is ang mor, or black etc can speak mandarin,,its made out like such a big thing,,,

than your hokkien must be better than your mandarin,,,hahhahah

In the early 80s, I got to know an American lawyer based in S'pore. Prior to his posting here, he was based in Shanghai.

Not only could he speak very fluent Mandarin, he could even write. No interpreters needed when he scrutinised contracts written in Mandarin. Really, no big deal at all. That was 30 years ago.

Chinese culture and language have been in existence for thousands of yrs. Chinese have migrated in almost every part of the world. In some ways chinese/mandarin or chinese dialects are like english and far reaching. People of all races and cultures should be learning to speak it and write it well. It would be impressive if some ang moh can speak the tribal language of some tribe in papua new guinea for eg. Now that would be impressive.

Even worse is that it's not surprising for non japs to speak and write japanese the number of non japanese ppl that know how to speak and write jap is huge but more importantly it's seen as nothing special. Chinese culture is more far reaching and older and yet we have some of these ppl starring open wide eyed at some ang moh that even bothers to learn the language they despise like how some chinese would think.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

the real chinese characters are the root of our mother tongue.The Communist Chinese language are only mean to insult our mother root wisedom!!!

20110619110249575.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal

Be glad that LKY did not make us learn Japanese as first language :eek:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

have to agree on that,,,traditional chinese characters are the basis of chinese caligraphy,,not the new found crap,,

the real chinese characters are the root of our mother tongue.The Communist Chinese language are only mean to insult our mother root wisedom!!!

20110619110249575.jpg

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

for me my cantonese improved when i studied in perth,,as the restaurants and malaysians here speak canto,,+ i get to watch more tvb,,,and listen to mroe canto songs

Bro The_Hypocrite, my linguistic skills is never good - always weak. My mandarin is slightly better than my hokkien after years of not listening and speaking that dialect. Only my hokkien swearing vocab is slightly better than TMD. Ha Ha :o :(

Call me banana or "eat potatoes" if you so wish. What to do?? :p :eek:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i really hope that will canto will not be extinct,,for now HK is holding the torch as the main language taught in schools etc is still canto,,but the chinese gahmen have been very adamant in wiping out dialects like LKY,,in HK,,what differentiates them from mainlanders is the language..and HK refuse to integrate with china and that is pissing the CCP off,,canto is no longer taught in canton,,so its just a matter of time,,canto speakers are small in number will be overwhelmed by northern dogs easily

don't think Cantonese nor any dialects will go extinct in China for the foreseeable future. Cantonese will survive in Canton, Hongkong will play a significant influence.

then Rudd not that great. he's fluent in mandarin with weird accent.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
canto is no longer taught in canton,,so its just a matter of time,,canto speakers are small in number will be overwhelmed by northern dogs easily

In Canton, the Cantonese speaks Mandarin with a strong Cantonese accent which means dialect speaking is still very strong.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yeah but my point is with the way The mandarin speaking northern scum are running things,,they will chip away at the southern dialects and sooner or later, it might be extinct,,same for hokkien and teochew etc,,the northerners are re occupying the southern provinces and their strength in numbers will reduce the dialect speaking minority,,,its already happening,,,look at the mainland banning cantonese shows in canton etc,,,its just a matter of time,,even school kids are punished for speaking cantonese at schools,,how long do u think the southern languages can hold on'?

In Canton, the Cantonese speaks Mandarin with a strong Cantonese accent which means dialect speaking is still very strong.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

then must give him a full gun salute. its not easy to learn Chinese if u r not a native speaker. even u can speak doesn't mean u can read and even u can read doesn't mean u can write.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

for me my cantonese improved when i studied in perth,,as the restaurants and malaysians here speak canto,,+ i get to watch more tvb,,,and listen to mroe canto songs

The Hongkongers should completely leave China as an independent nation.

They would all be much better off then under those corrupt CCP party leaders and tops cadres who are billionaires.

You call their government, COMMUNISTS. Hahahaha.

Mao and Lenin are both laughing and quivering in their preserved bodies in Beijing and in Moscow, respectively.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro Jah, when he was in the diplomatic corp, the Chinese would switch to Mandarin to discuss their position when the process of negotiation is going on thinking that the ang mo would not understand what is going on. Suddenly the Chinese realise this ang mo kow can listen and speak in Mandarin, then all their "secret" conversation macham like pichak lobang. That is the background of his 天不怕, 地不怕. :wink: :smile:

The same is being practised in commercial contract negotiation. In the midst of a serious discussion, our Chinese friends suddenly started talking in their dialects. OMG... very hard to catch what they are up to. :eek: :o :(

Ah i see. Why actually mandarin is rather widely spoken it's not very wise to speak it so openly in front of someone that you see is non chinese and assume he cannot understand. Better to use coded messages. That's what the police or the army do for example. They will speak in english but use some type of code word and gangs use them too. I also find it a joke that he's quite well known and they didn't know he spoke and understood mandarin.