• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lizards: min how many floors high rise can they invade yr homes?

SG_Chap_Larp

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a general rule that seems to work for many pests like insects spiders etc, that their ability to move / live / survive according to altitude or vertical height levels. That I myself found less pest on higher floors. What are the experience of forumers especially those who lives 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th floors?

I remember when I lived Terrence every damn pest including stray cats and dogs, rats, all insects, lizards, spiders, bugs, ants... A-Z were around.

3rd floor only pest cats from Malay families uncontrolled pets - no stray dogs ever up stairs, bugs mosquitoes etc still same.

7th floor nearly no mosquitoes nor rats. Small amount of cockroaches, some fruit flies, fucking minor birds invades via windows, occasional lizards.

10th floor hardly see cockroaches, it is a long way for them to crawl up rubbish chutes, but e.g. when fumigated by pest controls they had been driven up to flee for their lives, saw a few when fumigated, they still killed intoxicated by fume. Lizards still around but less. Birds never invade my 10th floor home.

15th floor I never lived, but my relative home I visited still got lizard! They said almost no insects.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=10710

http://www.expatsingapore.com/forum/index.php?topic=16210.0

https://www.quora.com/Do-the-upper-...ance-of-harboring-pests-like-spiders-or-flies

Can someone from 40th floor tell me if lizard can still climb up there? What else can they eat there beside stilling human food? They can hardly find natural insects there I believe.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
darpa is serious about the gecko and initiated the z-man program:

http://defense-update.com/20140606_climbing-paddles-carry-gecko-man-over-vertical-glass-walls.html

ghost_protocol800.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my uncle told me lizard is not a pest. It helps you to protect against mosquitos and other insects.

Ah nehs & Banglas, usually are carriers of bed bugs, you ride the elevator with them, you have to disinfect yourself outside your home door or you will bring those bed bugs into your house.

Lizards are helpful , they help maintain the eco system, they feed on mosquitoes, flies & insects. They become a pest only when they become over productive & breed too many & there's where the 'fun' part starts. They will fight for territory, fight over females & then drop their tails off on your, or simply drop off anyway on you...

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lizards are helpful , they help maintain the eco system, they feed on mosquitoes, flies & insects. They become a pest only when they become over productive & breed too many & there's where the 'fun' part starts. They will fight for territory, fight over females & then drop their tails off on your, or simply drop off anyway on you...

Lizards are not friendly. They steal my food in the kitchen and will often leave a trail of lizard shit to taunt me. For some reason, they breed at the rooftop of my HDB flat. When my TC started some re-tiling works at the rooftop it disrupted their habitat and many flocked into my kitchen.

Like dogs, lizards have very acute six sense. They often came in pairs like a tag team, and when I started chasing after them, and one managed to escape, the survivor alerted the rest in the neighborhood. Whenever I returned from outside, the lizards would automatically take cover. The blur fuck ones who stared at me would eventually be caught and receive some electrocution. It's mercy killing on my part.

I have extensive experience in poaching lizards. Only recently a pair of lizards were caught mating behind my curtains. They made so much noise that they alerted me. At first I thought it was a pigeon knocking on my glass windows as I had my air con switched on. I didn't realize there were 2 lizards. The male lizard (being the smaller one) appeared and was caught. Then the female revealed herself, and her size was 1.5 times of the male. Fucking powerful and could run really fast. I fell twice on the floor during the pursuit.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lizard can live high attitude I saw gecko climb over l kygel cock n a dishonorable son come out

kangaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you seen mosquitoes taking a ride in a lift? I had.

They got up by some chance, but can not breed nor survive well, the air pressure / density is low and wind is high, they can not fly well, have to descend back to their own comfort zone.

kangaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lizard like half pests. 1stly they shit around your home. If no insects to feed them, they will raid your food and your rubbish.

Big nasty Bastard pest in SG53 are Monkeys Crows and Mynah birds they steal your food, shit your home and made nasty noises, mess up your rubbish bin for you to clean up.

e_B23aF3ktD9QPT_PKYAtAbJRrWXQn3zdwl6aEz1h0UkzjjRGRI-DsZczYr8oYl8SWV0um0rMO_j6qjltSpYgH6Ma-kXpa4gxIpVMuwmfE0KF1w=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu
4119700473_ea7bf5f480_o.jpg

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...I have extensive experience in poaching lizards. Only recently a pair of lizards were caught mating behind my curtains. They made so much noise that they alerted me. At first I thought it was a pigeon knocking on my glass windows as I had my air con switched on. I didn't realize there were 2 lizards. The male lizard (being the smaller one) appeared and was caught. Then the female revealed herself, and her size was 1.5 times of the male. Fucking powerful and could run really fast. I fell twice on the floor during the pursuit.
goes to show that male chi-chak have energising proteins hence the fattened female chi-chi was fucking powderful - abit like fatty frog hasma tissue. also, ensure that floor is dry when in hot pursuit, slippery when wet :confused:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
goes to show that male chi-chak have energising proteins hence the fattened female chi-chi was fucking powderful - abit like fatty frog hasma tissue. also, ensure that floor is dry when in hot pursuit, slippery when wet :confused:
I believe the male lizard after some hot fuck must have been exhausted. But the female one really caught me by surprise. She was making her way to the under side of my sofa, and I would have lost her it she had managed to get under my freaking heavy sofa. I whacked her with a brush made up of individual small sticks. She ran like fucking Usain Bolt !

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe the male lizard after some hot fuck must have been exhausted. But the female one really caught me by surprise. She was making her way to the under side of my sofa, and I would have lost her it she had managed to get under my freaking heavy sofa. I whacked her with a brush made up of individual small sticks. She ran like fucking Usain Bolt !
again, goes to show that 4 legs better than 2. usain would be better, but he only got 3

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lizards are not friendly. They steal my food in the kitchen and will often leave a trail of lizard shit to taunt me. For some reason, they breed at the rooftop of my HDB flat. When my TC started some re-tiling works at the rooftop it disrupted their habitat and many flocked into my kitchen.

Like dogs, lizards have very acute six sense. They often came in pairs like a tag team, and when I started chasing after them, and one managed to escape, the survivor alerted the rest in the neighborhood. Whenever I returned from outside, the lizards would automatically take cover. The blur fuck ones who stared at me would eventually be caught and receive some electrocution. It's mercy killing on my part.

I have extensive experience in poaching lizards. Only recently a pair of lizards were caught mating behind my curtains. They made so much noise that they alerted me. At first I thought it was a pigeon knocking on my glass windows as I had my air con switched on. I didn't realize there were 2 lizards. The male lizard (being the smaller one) appeared and was caught. Then the female revealed herself, and her size was 1.5 times of the male. Fucking powerful and could run really fast. I fell twice on the floor during the pursuit.

You just described what I knew about them, ha ha ha . But they are useful, though a pests when they become too many. I used to have a resident one, that took a liking or should I say, urban adaptation, always lurk near my rice cooker & would appear like a 'ghost' when rice were dropped to eat. But I try not to get rid of all of them, they do keep those pesky mosquitoes & flies away; if there are any & especially the irritating hard to rid or fruit flies.

In the previous house I use to live in, while doing the usual annual cleaning of the house, I found amongst my late mother's "garang guni" collection of stuffs in the backyard, she thinks it is useful, to keep, like sauce bottles, containers of all sorts, etc..a GIANT HOUSE LIZARD...the 'mother of all house lizards" that must have lived there for ages...it was 5" (12.5cm) plus 2" tail ( 5cm) in length , an old house lizard, that starting to have scales..

I know they are pests...but they are useful as well...especially these days we have mosquitoes carrying all sorts of diseases known & unknown..

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hate lizards. if I see one in my house, day or night, I will chase after it, will move away anything and everything possible to find and kill it, to the end.