• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, I actually attended the launch of their showhouse back in 2008 , organized with a ppty agent in SG. Was impressive and make you want to buy. They even organized a tour of Puteri harbour and I was asking myself who on earth would want to travel that distant inward to the harbour to invest but in just 3 years many things have change and I am glad they are doing alright so far for Nusajaya. Back to developer, his smallest plot was like 9000 sqft and the largest is somewhere around 36,000 sqft but at that time my understanding was that you have to build within two years....kind of turn you off but I guess they don't , the place will soon be like LF in the past . Everyone bought the land but wait for neighbour to build first, in the end nobody build and remain vacant for a long long time. I am surprised if they managed to sell off all plots, my guess is not everyone build within two years , otherwise there should be many nice bungalows there now but I also heard to get around the two years must start building condition; you simply build a fence or wall around your land, they tell you must start but never tell you must completed by when ...Anyone here from Ledang Height ?

Wow since 2008 ah? I only got to know about Nusajaya last year and immediately commited my investments here as I'm a Big Bull on this :biggrin: I guess the bungalows were very much more affordable in 2008 than present. And I believe it'll continue to get even more unaffordable in the next few years. Ok talking about this, just to share a little more of my thoughts(just sharing). Everyone, including IRDA themselves, are targeting Singaporeans to be the main buyers of Nusajaya's high-end properties, but I think Nusajaya will also attract many rich ones in other states of Malaysia. Not simply because of the charm of Nusajaya, but also the attractive lifestyle and entertainments of Singapore which is just next door. To enjoy all that Singapore and Nusajaya has to offer, one doesn't need to set up his business and live in Singapore, he can relocate to Nusajaya and enjoy the 'best of both worlds'. There are many millionaires with say Sgd1 mil to Sgd20 mil. Can this lot of millioaires really afford to stay in a Sgd18 mil bungalow in sentosa and have a personal yacht? Definitely not. But they can enjoy this kinda lifestyle offered by Nusajaya. A bungalow in Puteri Harbour is Sgd2.5 mil. If one has Sgd10mil or high income level, he can enjoy this kinda luxury lifestyle while he still has Sgd7.5 mil. Of course the same applies to all others of different income levels as they can enjoy properties ranging from a small condo to a big bungalow in places like HH, EL, LH, LF etc etc(unable to name all).

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you guys notice that the planner for Nusajaya is cleverly planning to attract the richer and capable ones from Singapore instead of attracting all the old retirees? This can be seen from their plan to build mainly bungalows in future precincts of EL and HH. Terraces are selling like hotcakes, why don't they continue to squeeze more terraces on their balance land in EL and make more profit from the built-up price per sq ft but instead choose to make lesser profit utilising their land for land-consuming bungalows? I think they are not stupid, they also want to attract the more capable ones to Nusajaya instead of turning it into an old folks city filled with retired Singaporeans :biggrin:

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
this may sound like good news although I think an eventuality which is more and more unlikely in most iskandar developments i hazard a guess?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey people, help me with my query please, urgent!

1) Can i drive a Singapore G-plated vehicle into MY?
2) Can i drive a MY-plated van into SG? (I have only SG licence)

Heard from an ex-colleague two years ago that he drove his G plated Land rover to Msia for trekking and fishing trips many times. But need to apply some permit and pay lor.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Had a few colleagues who all went into LF and LH yesterday to have a look. Now they are regulars.
Managed to get quite a few friends into the MACS program before the last day.

A learned friend was just offered 1.8m by an agent for his semi-d in The Golf, he got it for 1.2m and still
unfurnished/unrenovated. Not sure how this offer was arrived at though but he did not accept.

Seems folks are now keen on investment, even staff asked my wife if we wanted to buy more properties.

Found a WD livebook, 2TB selling at about 272 SGD. Not that bad as i bought it from "Machines" at Jusco
Tebrau city. Saw the same item at Orchard selling for 319 SGD. Decided to bite the bullet and get it for the
staff to use.

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand and totally agreed. Paisei, maybe i did not make it clearer. My reserves is for in case no tenants or low rental and no jobs. I just want to make sure all grounds are covered. Some of the uncles that I met went bottom up due to cashflow problem despite having mortgage insurance. I am sure you can see my point. That why I say one can be ambitious and yet down to earth...
Good points for all anyway....
Cheers,
PH
Hi bro PH, I understand where you're coming from; sorry if the tone of my writing sounded harsh. I was just sharing my own views and action plans for property investment, and also some things that I learned from Milan and other local investment books that I've read. But I have to say that this is the first time I've heard of having 8 yrs of reserves. Usually most would advocate having 6 months emergency funds and insurances to cover the bank installments. I've not experienced the real effects of recession; just entered uni at the start of the 1997 Asian crisis; but I've heard of how a lot of graduates that time couldn't get jobs or were jobless for more than 6 months or were retrenched. Thanks for sharing, bro.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
sanur sis: is it also effective against sand flies?

Euphony,

Not sure about some insects name, to what I know, after spraying, we don get any kind of insects coming in, including those annoying flying ants ( looks like termites but with wings, some claims that those r termites too). But remember, after rains needs to spray again as washed off by rain.

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Banks like EON banks offer the flexi way but really do charge the 10 MYR monthly
90% was actually possible for foreigners but now most banks will lend only up to 80% or 85%. Most bros i know got 85-90% easily when they first came here though 80% is more the norm now. A friend of mine recently still got 85% though but he is doing pretty ok.
70% for third residential property can be circumvented in a way by using wife name solely for first batch of 2 houses and then husband for second batch of 2.
A friend of mine got an offer from HSBC of 90% loan back 3-4 years ago for the first property at East Ledang, 88.8% for the Impiana just recently, third property was 70%. BLR -2.2 (HSBC long time ago), -2.45 recently

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had a few colleagues who all went into LF and LH yesterday to have a look. Now they are regulars.
Managed to get quite a few friends into the MACS program before the last day.

A learned friend was just offered 1.8m by an agent for his semi-d in The Golf, he got it for 1.2m and still
unfurnished/unrenovated. Not sure how this offer was arrived at though but he did not accept.

Seems folks are now keen on investment, even staff asked my wife if we wanted to buy more properties.

Found a WD livebook, 2TB selling at about 272 SGD. Not that bad as i bought it from "Machines" at Jusco
Tebrau city. Saw the same item at Orchard selling for 319 SGD. Decided to bite the bullet and get it for the
staff to use.

Hi Wuqi bro, is that the highest price you've heard for a semi d in HH? I believe it is not completed yet, I wonder how much cash the buyer is willing to pay.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
You do not need such reserve if you only have 1 loan and monthly installments is 1/4 to 1/3 your basic income. But you need such reserves when your installments is 1.5times your basic income. You will understand what I mean when the time come. I hear from many uncles over the last 10years and have heed those advice and is doing ok now. Hopefully, by sharing, we can avoid common pitfalls along the ways...

Cheers,
PH
Hi bro PH, I understand where you're coming from; sorry if the tone of my writing sounded harsh. I was just sharing my own views and action plans for property investment, and also some things that I learned from Milan and other local investment books that I've read. But I have to say that this is the first time I've heard of having 8 yrs of reserves. Usually most would advocate having 6 months emergency funds and insurances to cover the bank installments. I've not experienced the real effects of recession; just entered uni at the start of the 1997 Asian crisis; but I've heard of how a lot of graduates that time couldn't get jobs or were jobless for more than 6 months or were retrenched. Thanks for sharing, bro.

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ai yah , now JB properties is seller market . Showrooms are like makeshift type beside some mudy construction site and man by security guards instead of sale executives. Gone are the days where they come to Sg to pick up customers via VIP coach , give free lunch , before sales executives personally bring you around to the showhouses . Most showroom got those golf kart that bring visitors from sale offices to shoowhouse , some more can have free bufett leh . Every weekend got free bufett party , but we are so scare to attend because sale person will pester you like as though we got millions to buy houses , haha ...
Dont know when such kind of event can happen again or not ?

Yeah i do have to agree with that. A few years ago, i registered at LF they invited me over, wah got free luch and some pet show and others, quite a big crowd came also, was interested but my wife dont like the place saying being ulu.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You do not need such reserve if you only have 1 loan and monthly installments is 1/4 to 1/3 your basic income. But you need such reserves when your installments is 1.5times your basic income.

I just can't imagine installments being 1.5x salary. Banks will not approve.
So I guess it's loan using paid property as equity...or something like that.
But that again, imagine 8yrs reserve for such a loan or something like 12 yrs of salary.
Wow...out of my league.:biggrin:

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
School holiday started for me and my children. Now can relax and enjoy for 6 weeks. No need to go through the jams for the time being. Now relax at home and have quality time in JB with the family. Yahoo! Wow 1 Year had passed since I shifted here. Time really fly. Happy holidays to the rest.

Cheers

Last edited:

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of many, their bonus and rental income is 2-3times their monthly basic income. Bank either fail to realise that bonus and rental are variables or bankers just want growth and forget about their responsibility towards their employer.

Hope it give you some thoughts....

Cheers,
PH

I just can't imagine installments being 1.5x salary. Banks will not approve.
So I guess it's loan using paid property as equity...or something like that.
But that again, imagine 8yrs reserve for such a loan or something like 12 yrs of salary.
Wow...out of my league.:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.